Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 2:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I went by the LH SEN Lounge last Thursday afternoon. It was nice and empty at least but food and drink were very limited:

Obviously it beats what the United Clubs are offering but compared to what they used to have it's a big step down. Alcohol is limited to beer and wine only too with a German beer on tap and a couple local ones in cans.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I went by the LH SEN Lounge last Thursday afternoon. It was nice and empty at least but food and drink were very limited:

img

img

Obviously it beats what the United Clubs are offering but compared to what they used to have it's a big step down. Alcohol is limited to beer and wine only too with a German beer on tap and a couple local ones in cans.
Curious. The last I decided to try LH was a bit over a month ago, and they had no draught beer but a full complement of liquor. The food, similar to what you showed, had been dramatically improved from the cold prepackaged items previously offered.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by UAFAM
Is the Baklava back at the TK lounge?
Yes I had a piece of Baklava on Sunday 11/14 right before closing at 9:30pm. Personally didn't find it that amazing. Not super flavorful and a bit too sweet. Went down easier with a cup of mocha though.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by fumje
Curious. The last I decided to try LH was a bit over a month ago, and they had no draught beer but a full complement of liquor. The food, similar to what you showed, had been dramatically improved from the cold prepackaged items previously offered.
I did not see draft beer there a week ago - and I was looking for the Festbier! Though they do have faux Haribos in packets. They also had the hot mushroom pasta dish which I quite like.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Polaris is a game changer

While I have been a fan of the TK Lounge, my visit today to the new/re-opened Polaris lounge is a game changeer:
- it is huge i.e. lots of space for social distancing. I asked what was capacity? 450. There were 12 flyters there at noon today;
- the showers (6 of them) are also large;
- 2 quiet rooms which are sound proofed!
- the food was more than adequate : 2 soups, rigatoni, & choco chip cookies;
- the Dining Room is also large (empty at noon, so I asked and yes, its possible to order from the menu!
My current advice? If flying J, Polaris wins out. Otherwise, Both TK and LH are more than adequate.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA
Visited TK and LH on 11/6 and both had rather good hot options. TK was a chicken dish, LH had a hot meat dish as well.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Visited TK and LH on 11/6 and both had rather good hot options. TK was a chicken dish, LH had a hot meat dish as well.
How were the crowds in the respective lounges? I have not used the LH lounge in a while, though it always seemed quieter than TK (at least in the early afternoon). Seems like TK is busy every time I am there, no matter the time of the day.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
How were the crowds in the respective lounges? I have not used the LH lounge in a while, though it always seemed quieter than TK (at least in the early afternoon). Seems like TK is busy every time I am there, no matter the time of the day.
I was at both lounges recently and both lounges were pretty full. For LH, the Business class side is closed so everyone goes to the Senator side. TK still has the same space issues. However, both are a good alternative if you want a meal, can't access the Polaris Lounge, and don't want UC food. This was probably the fullest I've seen both lounges since the start of COVID. It just reasserts the assumption that most people flying are not scared about COVID anymore.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Alcohol is limited to beer and wine only too with a German beer on tap and a couple local ones in cans.
Originally Posted by fumje
Curious. The last I decided to try LH was a bit over a month ago, and they had no draught beer but a full complement of liquor.
Did any of you recall the wine selection: any sparkling variety?
Old Nov 18, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I say LH was about 2/3 full, TK 7/8 full.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Artpen100
I did not see draft beer there a week ago - and I was looking for the Festbier! Though they do have faux Haribos in packets. They also had the hot mushroom pasta dish which I quite like.
TK did have a Festbier for a while — not my favourite, a marzen, but I was well pleased.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Did any of you recall the wine selection: any sparkling variety?
No sparkling at LH when I was there I believe. I didn't ask specifically, but someone just behind did and was offered a Chardonnay or similar.

Separately, different time through, at TK, where I think they typically do have sparkling, they were out of it and some of the other usual offerings. I waited behind someone who went through about three requests before settling on jack and apple juice.
Old Nov 1, 2023, 11:11 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This is an archive thread, the active thread is
Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer)

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.