Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is about the deposit / posting of PlusPoints (previously RPUs/GPUs) upon meeting the criteria for earning these certs.
- You will need to have earned and have had posted the needed PQPs/PQFs PQMs
- You will need to have 4 UA operated segments or have a waiver (MP PresPlus or MP Club primary credit cardholders) -
- You will need to have met the required PQD levels or have a waiver ( Non-USA MP account address or credit spend waiver {only for Plat or lower}

NOTE in 2020 UA will be using a different set of elite qualification criteria -- PQF / PQP -- see New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Then it will take hours or a few days (generally 2-3 but occasionally to a week)
There have been occasionally longer delays at the very end / beginning of the year.
Posting of MMer PlusPoints certs can take a week or two after the beginning of the year.

Archive: Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer){Archive}
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold

Will Million Milers get PlusPoints?
Yes. Members eligible to receive upgrades with their Million Miler status will receive PlusPoints in place of Regional Premier Upgrades and Global Premier Upgrades.

https://mileageplusupdates.com/milea...cordion-faq-29

United years back promised in writing all Million Milers would get "2 x Regional Upgrades a year for life" on the UA website, and later reneged on that promise. So not sure what exactly they refer to above? Does anyone know?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 28, 2023 at 1:48 pm
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Members eligible to receive upgrades
Is anyone included in that group? 2MM and higher?
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Yes. Members eligible to receive upgrades with their Million Miler status will receive PlusPoints in place of Regional Premier Upgrades and Global Premier Upgrades.

2MM flyers who do not otherwise qualify for Platinum will receive 40 PlusPoints.
3MM+ flyers who do not otherwise qualify for 1K will receive 280 PlusPoints.

This is the same as it's been in the past, applying the UA conversion factor of 1 RPU = 20 PlusPoints and 1 GPU = 40 PlusPoints.
SFO_LOW_CLOUDS likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Mileage posts fast—what about earned instruments?

I don’t see any speed difference for unredeemed GPU/RPU or earned threshold instruments for crossing 1K or additional 25k incremental GPU’s. I usually get ready to call about the time they post.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: Continental
How long for points to post?

Just requalified for 1K...just wondering when I can expect the points to post to account.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 12, 2019 at 10:28 am Reason: Moved to consodidated thread
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hockey7711
Just requalified for 1K...just wondering when I can expect the points to post to account.
PlusPoints? -- typically 2-3 days, sometimes less, no more than a week.

At the very end of the year, it can take longer.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I qualified for Lifetime Premier Platinum in late Oct when I passed the 2mm BIS mark. My account shows the status, and upon calling United in Nov, I was told I’d be receiving the new upgrade perks of 40 points. In Dec, I called about the Points Plus, and was told the system was having issues, but they should appear within the month. I had been hoping to use 20 of them to upgrade a flight I had booked to Paris in late Jan, but since they were a no show, I used miles instead. Today I called again and was now told that my Premier Platinum status would end on Jan 31, and I would go down to Silver?? The rep was adamant that I would not be receiving any points and that my status would go down. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and after a long hold, the same rep came back on to say, yes I would remain Premier Platinum Lifetime and would receive my PP 40 after Jan 31.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 7:04 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mauld
I qualified for Lifetime Premier Platinum in late Oct when I passed the 2mm BIS mark. My account shows the status, and upon calling United in Nov, I was told I’d be receiving the new upgrade perks of 40 points. In Dec, I called about the Points Plus, and was told the system was having issues, but they should appear within the month. I had been hoping to use 20 of them to upgrade a flight I had booked to Paris in late Jan, but since they were a no show, I used miles instead. Today I called again and was now told that my Premier Platinum status would end on Jan 31, and I would go down to Silver?? The rep was adamant that I would not be receiving any points and that my status would go down. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and after a long hold, the same rep came back on to say, yes I would remain Premier Platinum Lifetime and would receive my PP 40 after Jan 31.
I guess that's what you call a human glitch, getting Bonvoyed, poorly trained staff, or just plain old poor service. Only your persistence saved you.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mauld
.... yes I would remain Premier Platinum Lifetime and would receive my PP 40 after Jan 31.
Generally, the Lifetime members upgrade benefits (if not earned in the previous year) will post in early to mid-January.

Asking questions like this of reservation agents is usually not very fruitful, as they are not trained on these benefits and do not deal with them. The MP Service Center folks are somewhat better but even on Lifetime benefits, they can be spotty.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Generally, the Lifetime members upgrade benefits (if not earned in the previous year) will post in early to mid-January.

Asking questions like this of reservation agents is usually not very fruitful, as they are not trained on these benefits and do not deal with them. The MP Service Center folks are somewhat better but even on Lifetime benefits, they can be spotty.
Thank you ( also for moving the post). I had originally called about a reservation, and when I asked about PP, I was transferred to the MP area. But to be honest, it was around 8am today, and it might have been a bit early for them. Oddly though, I'd spoken with various MP reps about the issue for PP & Lifetime Platinum, and this morning was the first time 1/31 was mentioned.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I requalified for UA 1K with flights 12/31/19, which have been credited to my account. I am wondering when I will receive my PlusPoints for 2020. Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I requalified for UA 1K with flights 12/31/19, which have been credited to my account. I am wondering when I will receive my PlusPoints for 2020. Thanks.
Normally it can take 2-5 days and maybe a week. But during the yearend changes (and especially given the program changes) it has taken a week or 2.
Lots of history in this history.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA MM
I went over one of the bonus hurdles on 12/31 and the extra 40 +P were credited by the next day.

Last edited by JimInOhio; Jan 5, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Same here. My final qualification flight posted 12/31 and I have yet to see my new PlusPoints.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Normally it can take 2-5 days and maybe a week. But during the yearend changes (and especially given the program changes) it has taken a week or 2.
Lots of history in this history.
I am getting anxious to get my hands on my 2020 PlusPoints, so I finally decided to phone MileagePlus. I was told it will take 1-2 weeks for these to be credited to my account and this usually happens on weekends. Of course in prior years, it only took a day or so to get my GPU/RPUs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.