Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 26, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is about the deposit / posting of PlusPoints (previously RPUs/GPUs) upon meeting the criteria for earning these certs.
- You will need to have earned and have had posted the needed PQPs/PQFs PQMs
- You will need to have 4 UA operated segments or have a waiver (MP PresPlus or MP Club primary credit cardholders) -
- You will need to have met the required PQD levels or have a waiver ( Non-USA MP account address or credit spend waiver {only for Plat or lower}

NOTE in 2020 UA will be using a different set of elite qualification criteria -- PQF / PQP -- see New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Then it will take hours or a few days (generally 2-3 but occasionally to a week)
There have been occasionally longer delays at the very end / beginning of the year.
Posting of MMer PlusPoints certs can take a week or two after the beginning of the year.

Archive: Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer){Archive}
Print Wikipost

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

No new plus points for lifetime premier platinum?

Apparently if you qualify for premier plat through flights and/or spend, you get 40 plus points when that happens. But if, like me, you are past 2 million miles and your premier plat is renewed you don't get any -- at least I haven't gotten any this year. Is that a general rule? Thanks in advance for your explanations.

Last edited by RichardInSF; Jan 20, 2022 at 9:56 pm
Old Jan 20, 2022, 9:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
If you did not earn Plat PlusPoints in 2021, Then as a Lifetime Plat (2 MMer), you should receive the 40 PlusPoints. It has been report the Lifetime PlusPoints distribution is delayed this year.
Old Jan 25, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
When will annual +P deposit for eligible MM customers?

When can we expect the annual plus points to deposit for eligible MM members?
Flying Machine likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 25, 2022 at 1:24 pm Reason: moved to existing discussion
Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
When can we expect the annual plus points to deposit for eligible MM members?
I am on phone with MPSC agent now. She said that it would be Feb. 1, 2022.

On the other hand, I asked to loan 20 PPs for my flight on Feb. 7 (with PZ space). The agent declined to do so after she spoke to two supervisors. 😂 😂 perhaps, I should call again (already hang up).
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:29 am
iwc

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Has anyone get the PlusPoints deposited for LT 1K/GS MMers. Last year, I got them on January 14.
Plus Points posted yesterday for this LT MM.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by iwc
Plus Points posted yesterday for this LT MM.
Yes, I just saw it. Interestingly, I got 280 points in addition to 40 PPs for passing the Premier Platinum threshold last year. I am not complaining about it.

Perhaps, someone pushed a bottom after my call. The 1K agent spoke to two supervisors on my behalf. My flight for early next month has had PZ9 for a long time, but I had insufficient amount of PPs.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA GS
2022 Plus Points Deposited

Tltle says it all. My points posted in the past hour.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 29, 2022 at 3:18 pm Reason: moved to subject thread
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Actually, the title tells us nothing of value. What's the context? Did you do a challenge? Were you granted a complimentary extension? Are you a million miler?
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
For context here, this should be annual Plus Points for 2MM and up.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 29, 2022 at 3:18 pm Reason: moot after move, thanks for the link
Old Jan 29, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Repooc17
For context here, this should be annual Plus Points for 2MM and up.
Yes. LT GS here. Did not earn 1K plus points in 2021.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
I typically utilize the UA APP for all things United. How do I upgrade another PNR whom was booked under a different MP members account but I have their PNR. In the past I think I knew a way on the website which I haven’t used for sometime. Would anyone be kind enough to guide me. I preferred not to call in. Thanks
Old May 30, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
I typically utilize the UA APP for all things United. How do I upgrade another PNR whom was booked under a different MP members account but I have their PNR. In the past I think I knew a way on the website which I haven’t used for sometime. Would anyone be kind enough to guide me. I preferred not to call in. Thanks

Go to Trips/Reservations, put in the other pax's PNR.

Click "Upgrade" to be redirected to the options for upgrading their flight/s.

Then choose PlusPoints (yours)

Confirm and there you go!
Old May 30, 2022, 7:22 am

Use the webpage, instead; after logging in your account; find the trip with PNR and last name. I doubt that App will work.
Old May 30, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Thanks to both for your quick replies. I went to my trips via the app. I went to the top bar find trips, entered the name and PNR found the reservation and I was able to apply the PPs. Pretty quick and worked fantastically

Happy memorial day!

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Use the webpage, instead; after logging in your account; find the trip with PNR and last name. I doubt that App will work.
thanks, as you can see by my other post the app actually worked

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 30, 2022 at 12:07 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old May 30, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Thanks to both for your quick replies. I went to my trips via the app. I went to the top bar find trips, entered the name and PNR found the reservation and I was able to apply the PPs. Pretty quick and worked fantastically

Happy memorial day!
Great!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.