Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best *G IAD Lounge for UA flyers {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I passed through both lounges about a month ago.

TK is serving limited hot food buffet-style (seasoned rice, some kind of chicken dish, tomato soup, and salad).

LH is still doing packaged salads/wraps and cans of soda.

I'd recommend eating at TK and then going to LH to sit (more comfortable chairs, outlet access, etc.)
Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by t325
What's the latest on IAD lounges? I'm flying Austrian business class in a few weeks, should I got to Polaris? LH? TK? I've only got about 90 minutes between my flight in from STL and flight out to VIE.

I know this isn't really a United question, but I figured I'd get a better answer here.
You will have plenty of time to visit either TK or LH lounge. I would choose TK for foods and alcoholic drinks. They have a coffee machine, too.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by t325
What's the latest on IAD lounges? I'm flying Austrian business class in a few weeks, should I got to Polaris? LH? TK? I've only got about 90 minutes between my flight in from STL and flight out to VIE.

I know this isn't really a United question, but I figured I'd get a better answer here.
Do you happen to have Priority Pass ? If so, the Air France lounge is the best of them in my opinion..
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
No Polaris lounge (at least that I have ever seen advertised, there may be a secret door).
There are 3 UA lounges open. I mostly just use whatever is closest to my gate. I dont know that any one of them stands out. I might avoid the one near D8 if I had a choice. The others are much bigger and there are places to sit a little more away from main groups around the food.
Nothing really special food-wise in UA lounges, just simple packaged snacks. I dont know if they have ramped up yet, but IAH and ORD have much better offerings, for comparison...
UA clubs are in Concourse C and D. If you are flying from an A or B gate and have Priority Pass, best just to use one of those (BA, TK, AF, LH, VS).
Which one of those is likely going to based on the time of day and if they are accepting PP. I have seen signs out at the TK lounge often saying "Priority Pass not accepted" due to capacity.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by huey_driver
UA clubs are in Concourse C and D. If you are flying from an A or B gate and have Priority Pass [PP], best just to use one of those (BA, TK, AF, LH, VS).
The LH & TK lounges are available to United Club members and Star Alliance (*A) Gold passengers flying on same-day *A flights, in which case PP would be unnecessary for those two lounges.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
The LH & TK lounges are available to United Club members and Star Alliance (*A) Gold passengers flying on same-day *A flights, in which case PP would be unnecessary for those two lounges.
Right, and they wont space limit the *A Gold. Sometimes pre-COVID, you had to walk around the long PP waiting line.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile TK-IAD Lounge Experience 8-10-2021

Originally Posted by Polytonic
I passed through both lounges about a month ago.

TK is serving limited hot food buffet-style (seasoned rice, some kind of chicken dish, tomato soup, and salad).

LH is still doing packaged salads/wraps and cans of soda.

I'd recommend eating at TK and then going to LH to sit (more comfortable chairs, outlet access, etc.)
I had a six hour layover in IAD on 8/10/2021 on a SRQ-IAD-CVG itinerary (L Class). I stayed at the TK lounge in Terminal B the entire time. Like Polytonic, I found that the TK Hot Food offering was very limited; Rice, Chicken and a Tomato based soup. Fresh Orange Juice was very good. Expresso/Cappucino machines were excellent. Very Comfortable seating. I was there from 4pm to 9:30pm. This is by far the best UA *G benefit. How ironic that I can use TK and LH Lounges on a UA Domestic flight while UA will not let me use there own UC or Polaris Lounges.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gpicur
How ironic that I can use TK and LH Lounges on a UA Domestic flight while UA will not let me use there own UC or Polaris Lounges.
It was by design (courtesy of UA). 🤪
I hope that you did not empty a lot of bottles in the bar with your six-hour stay at TK lounge.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Kmxu
It was by design (courtesy of UA). 🤪
I hope that you did not empty a lot of bottles in the bar with your six-hour stay at TK lounge.
While it was available and in plentiful varieties, I did not partake of any alcohol during this visit. But I did knock back a few Capuccinos and Fresh Orange Juices.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do any offer bottled water to take away? I used to take a large bottle from LH (shh), but I know TK has the teensy ones. I like to stay hydrated and don't trust UA to provide much in Polaris these days besides one Dasani.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do any offer bottled water to take away? I used to take a large bottle from LH (shh), but I know TK has the teensy ones. I like to stay hydrated and don't trust UA to provide much in Polaris these days besides one Dasani.
None with large bottles like in many European lounges. I think LH's are currently still the largest at IAD, but only 330ml or so.
Old Sep 7, 2021, 6:29 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
TK also the small / kids size ones. I took a couple for my flight also.

I know TK hot food is limited, but I enjoyed the chicken during an August visit, and the other options are adequate (Hummus, etc). Wasn't looking for something too heavy and it hit the spot. Was good to be able to get a wine (in a glass) also. The hot (Turkish) tea is also great, too.

A couple of gripes: There are gloves for the buffet, but I was the only one using them. Also, a few American 20-somethings came in, dumped their back packs in a group of four chairs, then raided the buffet and sat at a table stressing about, like, something, like, was like wrong with their, like, itinerary (I overheard ). As the lounge was filling up, a couple of newcomers asked if the seats next to me were free, and I said "those guys at the table dumped their stuff here so I'm really not sure." I was flying EY F, so keep in mind EY passengers are also in here with the mix of *A and TK + UA folks. It got to 100% full on the food side at one point.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I have a 1:50 layover at IAD on Wednesday, connecting to the devil’s chariot out of terminal A. Has anybody been to the LH, TK or AF lounges in the past few weeks? (I have Priority Pass.) Just looking for the best current option. I’m leaning toward heading straight to the TK lounge, having some hot food, and maybe going to AF to be a bit closer to my gate, with better access to power outlets. But, if AF has hot food and is still significantly better than the other 2, I’d probably just go straight to AF and see if they’re still taking PP in the late afternoons.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Walked by there a couple weeks ago and I thought AF was closed, but its likely that I was just there before it opened (10:30am according to AF web site)
BA was closed last I walked by (but also a PP option FYI)
I was in TK about 6 weeks ago (using PP), havent been in LH lately. The food at TK didnt impress, they seem to be stretched on staff. No bartender, just a sign saying "Ask a staff member" but they were all so busy I didnt want to bother.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
Originally Posted by SS255
I have a 1:50 layover at IAD on Wednesday, connecting to the devils chariot out of terminal A. Has anybody been to the LH, TK or AF lounges in the past few weeks? (I have Priority Pass.) Just looking for the best current option. Im leaning toward heading straight to the TK lounge, having some hot food, and maybe going to AF to be a bit closer to my gate, with better access to power outlets. But, if AF has hot food and is still significantly better than the other 2, Id probably just go straight to AF and see if theyre still taking PP in the late afternoons.
LH food has gotten better. AF doesnt have much hot food. VA takes Amex Plat. But watch the hours on all of them, they seem to vary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.