Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kmxu
First, try to catch your original SFO-EWR flight. Even if you miss it, UA will try to put you in standby for business class on next flight.
Second, check App to see whether or not you can confirm to a later flight if you are 90% sure of misconnection. Typically, there are two seats remaining on some flights. Because of the delay of SYD-SFO (ie, irregular operation), there will be some options available to you (e.g., take a one stop if nonstop is not available).
Good luck!
yeah i was quite surprised that the people at the gate in syd did not have any ticketing privileges to help out. bon chance to me.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by desafino
yeah i was quite surprised that the people at the gate in syd did not have any ticketing privileges to help out. bon chance to me.
They are contractors, not UA employees. You can call UA toll free number using Skype. But I think that UA App will be able to handle rebooking once you are on air and you have an accurate estimate of the arrival time.

If you do not have Global Entry, download the CBP Mobile Passport Control to speed up your immigration procedure at SFO.
Happy travel!

Edit: it seems that OP can make the connection with 75 min layover.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by Kmxu; Sep 5, 2022 at 8:38 am
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:30 pm

Go to SAS website to select TG seats😄😄
TG Business Class Seat Selection
Perfect!
Many thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:36 pm

They are contractors, not UA employees. You can call UA toll free number using Skype. But I think that UA App will be able to handle rebooking once you are on air and you have an accurate estimate of the arrival time.

If you do not have Global Entry, download the CBP Mobile Passport Control to speed up your immigration procedure at SFO.
Happy travel!

Edit: it seems that OP can make the connection with 75 min layover.
Yeah I have global entry but tend to use mobile passport because it's usually better at JFK. At SFO global entry looked better but mobile passport control was ok. Throwing a few elbows at the elderly passengers from the TPE flight was needed to make the connection though. I probably should have asked UA to rebook earlier when there was sked change that put us on the 8:25.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 10:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriot Titanium
Something interesting just happened to me:
  • I had IAH-FRA-HKT. TG changed FRA-HKT to FRA-BKK on TG, followed by BKK-HKT on WE.
  • United called me a few days ago and explained that they had to drop BKK-HKT. I said OK since I couldn't think of a better solution. SFO-SIN-HKT could be available but SFO-SIN is way too long! The ticket was re-issued after a long wait.
  • I checked the ticket on TG website today. It still shows FRA-BKK-HKT. The last segment is still there.
Should I wait for a few days or give UA or TG a call? I don't want any kind of surprise on the travel day....
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:30 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by flying_jayhawk
  • I had IAH-FRA-HKT. TG changed FRA-HKT to FRA-BKK on TG, followed by BKK-HKT on WE.
  • United called me a few days ago and explained that they had to drop BKK-HKT. I said OK since I couldn't think of a better solution. SFO-SIN-HKT could be available but SFO-SIN is way too long! The ticket was re-issued after a long wait.
  • I checked the ticket on TG website today. It still shows FRA-BKK-HKT. The last segment is still there.
Should I wait for a few days or give UA or TG a call? I don't want any kind of surprise on the travel day....
When is the travel? You got a new ticket number -- is that reflected on the TG website?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:59 am

Also check TG App. In my case, after dropping BKK-HKT on WE, TG App shows my trip arrival at BKK but ending at SIN (HKT-SIN). All the remaining segments on UA are not shown. So, it is worth check on TG App for consistency.
Originally Posted by angetenar
When is the travel? You got a new ticket number -- is that reflected on the TG website?
Yes, I got a new ticket number after dropping BKK-HKT and modifying the returning route. It is very likely that @Flyting_jayhawk was seeing the reservation with the old ticket number. Going to SAS website to re-select seats may be a good test.

All the TG schedule changes are related to re-organization of TG after bankruptcy filing. HKT is no longer a hub/focus city for TG.
All schedule changes by TG and/or UA are a great opportunity for getting better routing and flights, as well as dates of travel (+/- a day or two). I am glad that I do not need to fly HKT-BKK-ARN-MUC-ORD-ORF. I did UA a favor by dropping BKK-HKT without asking for an alternative. I could ask UA for BKK-SIN-HKT with 7.5 hours trip time, vs. 1 hours (about $25 from my wallet).
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: UA
All the TG schedule changes are related to re-organization of TG after bankruptcy filing. HKT is no longer a hub/focus city for TG.
I was under the impression that the removal of long-haul HKT routes was because of the end of the Phuket Sandbox program.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:26 am

I was under the impression that the removal of long-haul HKT routes was because of the end of the Phuket Sandbox program.
TG has zero flight between HKT-BKK now. WE has taken over this route.
When I originally booked the excursion segment, BKK-HKT, I was on TG B777. When TG changed my HKT-ARN segment to HKT-BKK-ARN, I was still on B777. Then, both BKK-HKT and HKT-BKK were changed to WE's A320. I was on premium economy. Then, United called me to cancel BKK-HKT. I had a hard time to explain it to my wife.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:18 am

This is our Christmas trip, so there's still plenty of time. We got new ticket numbers, and yes, TG website is showing the new ticket numbers.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 9:35 am

Also check TG App. In my case, after dropping BKK-HKT on WE, TG App shows my trip arrival at BKK but ending at SIN (HKT-SIN). All the remaining segments on UA are not shown. So, it is worth check on TG App for consistency.

Yes, I got a new ticket number after dropping BKK-HKT and modifying the returning route. It is very likely that @Flyting_jayhawk was seeing the reservation with the old ticket number. Going to SAS website to re-select seats may be a good test.

All schedule changes by TG and/or UA are a great opportunity for getting better routing and flights, as well as dates of travel (+/- a day or two). I am glad that I do not need to fly HKT-BKK-ARN-MUC-ORD-ORF. I did UA a favor by dropping BKK-HKT without asking for an alternative. I could ask UA for BKK-SIN-HKT with 7.5 hours trip time, vs. 1 hours (about $25 from my wallet).
The TG website actually shows the new ticket numbers. I also checked the trip on SAS website, and they also had the new ticket numbers. The BKK-HKT segment is shown as:
  • TG2217 | Aircraft
  • Operated by
  • Booking class E
The aircraft and carrier are both empty.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:00 pm

This is our Christmas trip, so there's still plenty of time. We got new ticket numbers, and yes, TG website is showing the new ticket numbers.
If HKT is the destination, why not move to the SFO-HKT direct for Christmas? It's on the schedule as of 10/28 (along w/ EWR-HKT), and much debate on the hkt thread if it stays, but 4 months out might be ok? Too much stress with the ambiguity for holiday?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
For those that had BKK-HKT get dropped, has anybody tried to change the terminus to something other than BKK, but still within SEA?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
For those that had BKK-HKT get dropped, has anybody tried to change the terminus to something other than BKK, but still within SEA?
When UA calls you, you are in a good position to negotiate it. SIN is a good candidate because UA can put you on its own metal. For other destinations, you must choose it within 200-300 miles radius of BKK and be prepared to sit in economy cabin if partner airlines do not have I space available on your travel date.

I am not discouraging you to ask for other destinations; but please do your homework (find the candidate flights that may be acceptable by UA). Dropping BKK-HKT was the easiest way for the situation because it will only cost me $20-30 to fly BKK-HKT nonstop. I did not ask for BKK-SIN-HKT on SQ because the journey is 7.5 hours long (vs 1 hour nonstop).

Good luck.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Anywhere UA flies plus I-class available on partner airlines. Best to come prepared with options

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.