Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2022, 2:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
BKK-HKT operator changed from TG to WE. Was able to drop the segment as a result.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
My WLG to SYD flight is now a "minus" 6 hours mis-connect. I was hoping to not actually fly that anyway and just return from SYD (where my cruise actually ends). Has anybody called and gotten them to simply drop the first segment? I thought that I would wait for a while and see if anything else develops.
While I was willing to 'wait and see' about my negative 6 hour connection in SYD from WLG, United actually sent an email yesterday asking that I call. My desire was to actually just drop the WLG to SYD leg since our cruise actually ends in SYD. After 45 minutes on the phone waiting for authorization/ over-ride by the right desk, they were able to drop that segment for the same miles.

Secondary good thing is now it is all on United metal and any further schedule changes should be easier to manage.
SPN Lifer and Boraxo like this.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
So fun fact, there needs to be JN space to rebook on United metal. Which is unlikely to cause issues for most, but I was under the impression they can just open up space on United metal....
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
So fun fact, there needs to be JN space to rebook on United metal. Which is unlikely to cause issues for most, but I was under the impression they can just open up space on United metal....
Isn't JN basically last seat availability? So if there's no JN means F/J cabin is booked full. It's partner I space they can't open up.
jsloan likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Isn't JN basically last seat availability? So if there's no JN means F/J cabin is booked full. It's partner I space they can't open up.
That's what I thought. But it doesnt appear to be the case as the flights are J9 JN0
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:13 pm

Another change just happened. LAX-LHR-HKT changed to LAX-LHR-BKK-HKT. LAX-LHR is in Polaris and LHR-BKK in TG I (777; but not the new one) then BKK-HKT in Thai Smile premium econ cabin. Would it be better to ask for LAX-SFO-SIN-HKT with SFO-SIN in Polaris and SIN-HKT in SQ 738 I (lie flat)?

Leaning towards keeping existing itin because of the LHR transit (for lounges - never flew through there with access to lounges so this would be a first), a chance to try TG, and more time in lie flats compare to the TPAC itin. Total travel time doesn't matter to me.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Changi is 100% nicer airport than Heathrow! More uninterrupted sleep time, shorter overall flight time. No brainer. Westward!
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Changi is 100% nicer airport than Heathrow! More uninterrupted sleep time, shorter overall flight time. No brainer. Westward!
kevflyer I agree with this
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
...Would it be better to ask for LAX-SFO-SIN-HKT with SFO-SIN in Polaris and SIN-HKT in SQ 738 I (lie flat)? ....
Does SQ award space presently exists because UA can not force it like UA can on UA metal.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:41 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Agree SFO-SIN is much better, fly to Asia via EU is a huge PIA, even in J.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Does SQ award space presently exists because UA can not force it like UA can on UA metal.
Yes but I'd have to leave 1 day early which isn't a big deal I suppose, and I believe UA will let me move the date.

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Originally Posted by Jetrigger
kevflyer I agree with this
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Agree SFO-SIN is much better, fly to Asia via EU is a huge PIA, even in J.
Thanks all. Will try to swap.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Thanks all. Will try to swap.
Please report back.

My HKT-BKK (then ARN, MUC-US) flight on Thai Smile is waitlisted. The original booking was HKT-ARN nonstop. I have an option of HKT-SIN (I space on SQ), nine hours layover, then SIN-SFO-EWR-ORF. The current fare is 10 times higher (650K miles) for HKT-ORF. 😝
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
That's what I thought. But it doesnt appear to be the case as the flights are J9 JN0
Supervisor needs to convert it to award space if it is showing up that way. JN and YN are last seat availability award buckets, so if there is a seat for sale in that cabin, it is allowed to be used as a JN or YN award seat as well.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:32 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Supervisor needs to convert it to award space if it is showing up that way. JN and YN are last seat availability award buckets, so if there is a seat for sale in that cabin, it is allowed to be used as a JN or YN award seat as well.
But limited to elites / eligible credit card holders.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
But limited to elites / eligible credit card holders.
Not anymore, as of at least June 2021, it's available for any mileageplus member, regardless of chase credit card holder status. If a supervisor or agent is still saying this, then they should double check the last seat availability policy. The only benefit of credit card or elite status is expanded saver availability, namely XN bucket. YN/JN is last seat availability for all.

Last Seat Availability Benefit

MileagePlus members have the benefit of booking awards without capacity controls on flights operated by United and United Express. If there is a seat available, these members have unrestricted access to book an award, even if it's the last seat on the plane.
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...vel/types.html
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.