Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
Yes, when it’s isolated to a few dates and no partner connector needed it’s I. I see some I around Christmas from Melbourne as well. The JN (at 60K and then 80K) only showed up when connecting to/from a partner, never just UA. Otherwise JN typically price at 200K - 700K each way.
exactly. Obviously 60k < 80k but the latter is very difficult to find and hence my post. Particularly useful for people looking to redo their flight (as we see with many posts above) or who are looking for a great deal around the holidays. 200k is the normal price for almost all USA-Austr flights now.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:04 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Anyone had any luck with changing the domestic leg while keeping the international leg? I.e. I'm flying PIT-ORD-IST, and want to change to an earlier PIT-ORD. Can I only do it with SDC?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Anyone had any luck with changing the domestic leg while keeping the international leg? I.e. I'm flying PIT-ORD-IST, and want to change to an earlier PIT-ORD. Can I only do it with SDC?
SDC only, else it will reprice
Boraxo and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Originally Posted by cfischer
SDC only, else it will reprice
Not necessarily. Just a few days ago I did exactly this. I changed my domestic flight to an earlier one with IN availability, without touching the int'l flight that was originally booked in IN but was not available then. The agent was able to do that without a reprice.
SPN Lifer and dinoscool3 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
The JN (at 60K and then 80K) only showed up when connecting to/from a partner, never just UA.
Did not realize the JN part. I had a similar ticket couple of years ago SFO-DEL in JN and connecting to a domestic flight in X. I din't understand why it was 80k because that route is usually 93.5k at that time in Saver and 180k in JN.

Are these incorrect pricing or any rules to hunt for these?
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Not necessarily. Just a few days ago I did exactly this. I changed my domestic flight to an earlier one with IN availability, without touching the int'l flight that was originally booked in IN but was not available then. The agent was able to do that without a reprice.
you got lucky ... they are not supposed to do completely voluntary changes in absence of schedule changes w/o re-pricing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:57 pm

Aircraft changed

Hello. UA 31 aircraft changed to the old business class (764). Would it be possible to change the routing because of this? Thank you.
Booked under the award ticket (JN)
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:03 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CHK897
Hello. UA 31 aircraft changed to the old business class (764). Would it be possible to change the routing because of this? Thank you.
Booked under the award ticket (JN)
Can you change without changing partner partner flights? If not, do the new partner flights have the needed award space? UA can not open partner space.

Was this an 60K JN award?
Old Nov 26, 2022, 5:28 pm

Yes. It's a 60k JN (BKK to BOS) The first leg is operated by TG (I). I might ask for SIN instead of MUC. It's very difficult to find partners award in Dec.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Yes. It's a 60k JN (BKK to BOS) The first leg is operated by TG (I). I might ask for SIN instead of MUC. It's very difficult to find partners award in Dec.
You will need partner space from BKK to SIN, UA can not help you there.
Will UA do a change change from 764 to Polaris equipment, that is a bit YMMV
CHK897 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:47 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Assuming via SFO that 6+hours in a narrow body in a non lie flat domestic business seat as well.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
We finally got to fly the first of three of these tickets.
A pretty bad Polaris flight to FRA followed by a wonderful Thai flight to BKK. For 120k not a bad deal for a fast way to get to Thailand.
zombietooth and Kmxu like this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 5:44 am

Assuming via SFO that 6+hours in a narrow body in a non lie flat domestic business seat as well.
Surprisingly, no Polaris on SFO-BOS anymore.
I'm trying to change it to BKK-SIN-SFO-EWR-BOS if possible. Current route: BKK-MUC-EWR (UA31)-BOS.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm trying to change it to BKK-SIN-SFO-EWR-BOS if possible. Current route: BKK-MUC-EWR (UA31)-BOS.
most SFO-BOS flights are lie-flat.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 10:42 am

764 (MUC-EWR) and 752 (SFO-BOS) are the same generation lie-flats and similar flight times
The SIN routing is significantly longer and extra connection
Unclear the value of the change
CHK897 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.