Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Yes, some of us here have used schedule changes to switch to the AKL-SFO flight, reducing time in coach on the tasman flights. Enjoy!
Except for me. My SYD-WLG and CHC-SYD flights have had no schedule changes. I do not think that UA is going to cancel IAH-SYD flights during Xmas-NYD, either (based upon another thread on added frequencies on SFO-SYD). So, I will be stuck in the economy cabin for three and plus hours TWICE.

Edit: With these said, I may get a schedule change in my favor in the next 10 weeks.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
you can also add an excursionist segment if the itinerary qualifies and it wasn't originally done at booking
I have two separate PNRs for SFO to AKL and WLG to SFO. Is it possible to combine them to add an excursionist perk now?
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pichalite
I have two separate PNRs for SFO to AKL and WLG to SFO. Is it possible to combine them to add an excursionist perk now?
No, PNRs can not be combined
Combine reservations into one PNR? Can not be done. "Linking" PNRs, no benefit.
pichalite likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:35 pm

No. It's not possible to combine PNRs and to use the excursionist perk it all has to be on one ticket. The only option would be to cancel/redeposit the miles and make a new reservation all on one ticket at whatever the prevailing rates are*.

*Technically a really, really, really, really good agent who is extremely proficient in managing award tickets would be able to store the original mileage fares in the new reservation as long as SFOAKL and WLGSFO were entirely on UA metal since they can guarantee the award space. However even doing that goes 100% way outside the guidelines for a voluntary change and would be relying on them granting a major policy exception and requires a ton of work to do so. So you'd need 3 things which I think there is almost no chance of aligning, 1) an agent who knows how to do it, 2) an agent who is in a good mood to grant a major policy exception and give themselves a ton of extra work to do, and 3) that the call centers aren't so busy on that specific day that they can justify dedicating the amount of time required to make such a major exception. This is along the lines of being able to easily find an agent who knows how to waitlist a business saver award (which requires the same level of expertise as what this would require) on top of getting that agent to grant the exception.
SPN Lifer and pichalite like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Has anyone SDC'ed on these? (Particularly mid trip)
is the only requirement to have JN space open?
Coming from SIN I have SFO-ORD-BUF with a crappy redeye, would love to change it to SFO-EWR-BUF once I get to SFO
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
If the flights are booked into JN, yes. However given this thread was about partner airlines 60k awards, that would have booked into the saver level, which means your UA flights are likely in IN, in which case you would need IN availability to SDC, not JN.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. It's not possible to combine PNRs and to use the excursionist perk it all has to be on one ticket. The only option would be to cancel/redeposit the miles and make a new reservation all on one ticket at whatever the prevailing rates are*.

*Technically a really, really, really, really good agent who is extremely proficient in managing award tickets would be able to store the original mileage fares in the new reservation as long as SFOAKL and WLGSFO were entirely on UA metal since they can guarantee the award space. However even doing that goes 100% way outside the guidelines for a voluntary change and would be relying on them granting a major policy exception and requires a ton of work to do so. So you'd need 3 things which I think there is almost no chance of aligning, 1) an agent who knows how to do it, 2) an agent who is in a good mood to grant a major policy exception and give themselves a ton of extra work to do, and 3) that the call centers aren't so busy on that specific day that they can justify dedicating the amount of time required to make such a major exception. This is along the lines of being able to easily find an agent who knows how to waitlist a business saver award (which requires the same level of expertise as what this would require) on top of getting that agent to grant the exception.
UA doesn't fly to WLG, so while I agree with your technical caveat, it can't actually apply in this case.

If the flights are booked into JN, yes. However given this thread was about partner airlines 60k awards, that would have booked into the saver level, which means your UA flights are likely in IN, in which case you would need IN availability to SDC, not JN.
I believe that this particular deal was JN pricing at 60K, which is why there was so much excitement.
SPN Lifer and FlytheTail like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:33 pm

Coming from SIN I have SFO-ORD-BUF with a crappy redeye, would love to change it to SFO-EWR-BUF once I get to SFO
Try to do it on App once boarding the SIN-SFO flight. If not successful, ask PL/UC agent at SFO for help. Good luck.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
should be no problem whatsoever
Old Oct 15, 2022, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Flights are in JN. This used to be routed via Europe from DPS via SIN, BKK, MUC, EWR, but got rerouted on DPS SIN SFO after SQ cancelled something.
But the only domestic JN available on that date was the suboptimal routing via ORD redeye.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:15 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
Without a schedule change / delay event, is it possible to date change the 60k ticket without additional miles if award found for same fare class and same source/destination?

I tried to contact United but agent was giving non-answers in non-english.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:25 pm

Without a schedule change / delay event, is it possible to date change the 60k ticket without additional miles if award found for same fare class and same source/destination?
No.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
NZ cancelled 4 flights on my itineraries and UA automatically rebooked me on flights with impossible connections. I tried calling the 1K line and did a couple of HUCAs but no one could fix them to make my original dates work (or even ± 2 days). After spending several hours on the phone, I gave up and cancelled for re-deposit. Sad state of affairs.

Also, NZ's customer service is just terrible. Makes me grateful for DL's slow but competent CS.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 24, 2022 at 4:36 pm
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by zombietooth
NZ cancelled 4 flights on my itineraries and UA automatically rebooked me on flights with impossible connections. I tried calling the 1K line and did a couple of HUCAs but no one could fix them to make my original dates work (or even ± 2 days). After spending several hours on the phone, I gave up and cancelled for re-deposit. Sad state of affairs.

Also, NZ's customer service is just terrible. Makes me grateful for DL's slow but competent CS.
What does DL's CS have to do with this? Did you mean UA? Or...where does UA fall into your mix of "just terrible NZ" and "DLs slow but competent"?

-RM
Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:35 pm

Without a schedule change / delay event, is it possible to date change the 60k ticket without additional miles if award found for same fare class and same source/destination?.
I give you more than one word answer. 🤪

Oh, you got a great deal. UA is not going to make it greater for you; that is, you either cancel the trip or pay 300K miles for new dates. Good luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.