Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by zombietooth
NZ cancelled 4 flights on my itineraries and UA automatically rebooked me on flights with impossible connections. I tried calling the 1K line and did a couple of HUCAs but no one could fix them to make my original dates work (or even ± 2 days). After spending several hours on the phone, I gave up and cancelled for re-deposit. Sad state of affairs.

Also, NZ's customer service is just terrible. Makes me grateful for DL's slow but competent CS.
As someone said unthread, UA will have no problem to deliver you and your family to AKL on its own metal. Then, you buy some cheap AKL to your destination tickets.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
As someone said unthread, UA will have no problem to deliver you and your family to AKL on its own metal. Then, you buy some cheap AKL to your destination tickets.
No, they wouldn't. They said there was no JN availability for my dates. Expert mode is broken for me right now and I couldn't check them.

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
What does DL's CS have to do with this? Did you mean UA? Or...where does UA fall into your mix of "just terrible NZ" and "DLs slow but competent"?

-RM
I have been generally happy with UA's 1K CS but unhappy with DL's. My experience with NZ was so much worse than DL, I am grateful by comparison.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
No, they wouldn't. They said there was no JN availability for my dates. Expert mode is broken for me right now and I couldn't check them.
But expert mode works on App.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
But expert mode works on App.
Don't have the App and didn't know it still works there (does expert mode work with Android?).
Believe me, it's been a very frustrating couple of days and I feel stupid and defeated as it is. NZ and UA ruined my vacation plans and it seemed that there was nothing I could do about it.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JN=J. They're saying the flights were completely full? Could you buy a ticket?
Old Oct 24, 2022, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by jsloan
JN=J. They're saying the flights were completely full? Could you buy a ticket?
When I did a test booking, it wouldn't sell me a seat in J for cash. But the site was really acting weird as well, and showing lots of cheap coach fares. I told the 1K agents that if there were any seats available in J, they should be able to put me in them because the booking was in JN and the schedule change was their doing, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Last edited by zombietooth; Oct 24, 2022 at 11:08 pm
Old Oct 24, 2022, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

When I did a test booking, it wouldn't sell me a seat in J for cash. But the site was really acting weird as well, and showing lots of cheap coach fares. I told the 1K agents that if there were any seats available in J, they should be able to put me in them because, the booking was in JN and the schedule change was their doing, but that didn't seem to make a difference.
I'm not sure about the cheap coach fares, but if they've sold out of J seats on the UA AKL flight, there's not much else they can really do.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 7:56 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
As predicted, there are going to be many broken hearts with partner flight changes.

No, they wouldn't. They said there was no JN availability for my dates. .....
Generally UA will open award space (if paid space exists) for a broken award ticket. You may have to specifically ask. Once in AKL paid options to desired location.

Don't have the App and didn't know it still works there (does expert mode work with Android?).
Yes
Old Oct 25, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by s777bg
Also , I was told by the agent if we end up keeping the long layover in Sydney , we are due for a compensation, either miles or electronic certificate.
I am also impacted by ANZ canceling morning SYD-WLG flight and now have a 10:55 layover in SYD. I was unable to change my itinerary RID-IAH-SYD-WLG. I seriously doubt UA will issue a compensation of any kind, certainly no one mentioned that during my 3 calls to address this issue.

I'll probably get an eVisa and head into Sydney for the day. I think a 24 hour eVisa may be free of charge.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
As predicted, there are going to be many broken hearts with partner flight changes.
You must be Carnac The Magnificent. You were absolutely right about this debacle. I did wisely avoid pre-paying for a planned tour, so I am only out around $200- total, and am doing a nice 2-week hiking trip around Moab instead.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85
... I seriously doubt UA will issue a compensation of any kind, certainly no one mentioned that during my 3 calls to address this issue. .... .
For a cancellation / advance schedule change by another airline, not a chance. Completely outside of UA's control.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
JN is back, but at 80k, and it looks like Asia only, via HND/NRT only, onwards ANA segments in X.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by rankourabu
JN is back, but at 80k, and it looks like Asia only, via HND/NRT only, onwards ANA segments in X.
I posted about this in a new thread a few days ago. I found more options/connection points as well as ON availability at 55K miles:
Discounted MileagePlus awards: Special member pricing
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
it is not just NH ... there are a couple other carriers where this works. Availability is pretty limited.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:10 am

Programs: None - previously UA
I’m seeing connections in SIN with onward flights in SQ business

Last edited by escapefromphl; Nov 14, 2022 at 6:42 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.