Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I’m seeing connections in SIN with onward flights in SQ business
Same. Vietnam and Thailand fairly easy to find. Though at greatly reduced availability compared to what was available last night, which was virtually every flight pairing, every day.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by akonradi
Same. Vietnam and Thailand fairly easy to find. Though at greatly reduced availability compared to what was available last night, which was virtually every flight pairing, every day.
Yesterdays logic (and the 60k deal a few months ago) was Select *A Partner Economy (X) + UA flight = open JN for long haul
Todays new logic appears only Select *A Partner Business (I) + UA flight = open JN for some long but mostly domestic flights ... which probably makes a bit more sense long term. Maybe it will stick.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by sgan317
Yesterdays logic (and the 60k deal a few months ago) was Select *A Partner Economy (X) + UA flight = open JN for long haul
Todays new logic appears only Select *A Partner Business (I) + UA flight = open JN for some long but mostly domestic flights ... which probably makes a bit more sense long term. Maybe it will stick.
Both yesterday's version and the one from April worked with partner sectors in I class and had plenty of availability both times. But you may be correct, that JN+X combinations are now not possible as of today. Interesting as I availability on SQ yesterday was in great supply, but now not so much.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: None - previously UA
I’m noticing prices as high as 650K one way. I don’t ever recall that seeing prices quite that high?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
I’m noticing prices as high as 650K one way. I don’t ever recall that seeing prices quite that high?
Random dates search: SFO-PVG is at 700K; but PVG-SFO is cheaper at 500.8K. 😂
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by akonradi
Both yesterday's version and the one from April worked with partner sectors in I class and had plenty of availability both times. But you may be correct, that JN+X combinations are now not possible as of today. Interesting as I availability on SQ yesterday was in great supply, but now not so much.
I can no longer see anything that I could earlier today, JN+I or JN+X.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 11:43 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Random dates search: SFO-PVG is at 700K; but PVG-SFO is cheaper at 500.8K. 😂
This is the only possible way I'll ever earn 7,000 PQP for a single flight.
jcturnbull likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
This is the only possible way I'll ever earn 7,000 PQP for a single flight.
Yep! A lot of pax on PVG flight would be nicely surprised by the Premier status shown on App after the flight (wait for next year if using miles to purchase tickets). Back to PQM/PQD days, a few trips to PVG were needed to get the Premier Silver status.

Back to the topic of this thread, my December NZ trip was not impacted by schedule changes; that is, IAH-SYD-WLG/CHC-SYD-IAH were never changed, but the flights to/from IAH were changed multiple times.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:41 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
This was not as great of a score as the one earlier this year, but I’ll take it. I was able to book late last night. Was looking for to BKK/USM/HKT/DPS to Sfo and found 3 seats on a combo of SQ and UA nonstop from Sin-Sfo, but it kept crashing at booking, so I had to settle for 2 stop connection with one segment in Y but I’ll take it. 80k each for DPS-SIN-HKG—SFO, SQ/SQ/SFO.

Went to look for other options this AM and virtually all was zeroed out,
so for now I feel like I lucked out. Just happy to find three seats at a reasonable rate.
Boraxo and pichalite like this.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:55 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG Gold, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Diamond Golden Circle
What am I doing wrong? Searching from WAS looking to go anywhere (BKK/SIN/SGN/HND) and I'm seeing 270K-650K. Are there a specific set of dates I should be looking for or something else i've missed in the the thread?

It would be great to find something around Christmas time, but i've searched other dates and don't see a thing.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by Zoltar
What am I doing wrong? .
The sale is over for the moment.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
HEADS UP: Seeing 80k saver biz class space for SYD-SFO on December 23-24. Maybe other flights x-Australia. Unfortunately nothing the other direction but I figure this will be useful for someone who missed out on the 60k deal.
EmailKid likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:01 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist | IHG Platinum | HH Gold | MB Gold
TLDR - don't touch this ticket after its issued, if you can.

I had a schedule change for WLG-SYD-SFO and got it rescheduled for WLG-AKL-SFO. Was very happy until.. agent or system did a mess up and did not charge me miles for new ticket but refunded the original ticket.
- 2 weeks later, I used the miles in my account for another ticket
- 1 week later, received an email from United about my ticket is not issued due to insufficient miles. Status changed from ticketed to processing
- next day, United said I need to get 60k miles into my account and get it issued and that I can do it until 24 hours before departure.
- 2 weeks later I acquired the miles and contacted United for ticketing. The ticket is still existing in both UA and NZ systems but agent says its invalid and there is no availability on same date. Agent says I could travel another date but they need to reprice and after some argument, agent got authorization from supervisor to issue at 60k miles. I agreed to travel 3 days later - annoyed at the inconvenience to take additional days time off, but no other choice. After an hour and several retries with system errors, agent issued a ticket with a new PNR for 60k miles as the original PNR won't issue.

Chat agent was tone deaf, responded every 10 mins with no empathy or understanding of issue. I HUCA.
Phone agent was very understanding of the problem and empathetic but took total 2 hours to get the issue resolved.

Such an ordeal that idk if its all even worth it

Originally Posted by Boraxo
HEADS UP: Seeing 80k saver biz class space for SYD-SFO on December 23-24. Maybe other flights x-Australia. Unfortunately nothing the other direction but I figure this will be useful for someone who missed out on the 60k deal.
Isn't 80k the regular saver fare in I class? I found multiple times 80k SFO - AKL.
Even as of today, I found 82.5k SFO-AKL during thanks giving but that might be dynamic pricing.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 16, 2022 at 12:01 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Nov 16, 2022, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by pichalite
I had a schedule change for WLG-SYD-SFO and got it rescheduled for WLG-AKL-SFO. Was very happy until.. agent or system did a mess up and did not charge me miles for new ticket but refunded the original ticket.
That was a system glitch, occurring around the middle of last month. United re-charged me the proper amount of miles two days later before I realized what happened. I only realized what happened after I saw the email with the re-issued tickets. I was thinking: "why did UA send me another email after the ticket was issued a few weeks earlier?"

So, it was a rare occurrence. If you had sufficient amount of miles in your account when UA re-issued your ticket, the rest of troubles could have been avoided. This is just my best guess.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by pichalite
Isn't 80k the regular saver fare in I class? I found multiple times 80k SFO - AKL.
Even as of today, I found 82.5k SFO-AKL during thanks giving but that might be dynamic pricing.
Yes, when it’s isolated to a few dates and no partner connector needed it’s I. I see some I around Christmas from Melbourne as well. The JN (at 60K and then 80K) only showed up when connecting to/from a partner, never just UA. Otherwise JN typically price at 200K - 700K each way.
Boraxo and pichalite like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.