Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA-partner Business Awards 60K multiple destinations,BKK,KUL,HKG,CGK,MNL, .. changes?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
Sorry, I just want to, "let sleeping dogs lie", with this.

But be aware that, especially in many foreign countries, you can be held liable for negative reviews.
Good luck collecting that judgment when they come to the USA and good luck filing a lawsuit in US courts which will be quite expensive to litigate. I would tell them to response to my comments or pound sand.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:26 pm

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Originally Posted by zombietooth
They figured out who I was because the review was for a specific property and, even though I hadn't used my dates of stay in the review, the photos that I took of the maintenance/cleanliness problems were used to identify the specific room and then, they just went backwards from there, looking at everyone who stayed in that room to see if there were any problems reported to management. They then subpoenaed the OTA travel site and got my name confirmed by them (my lawyer heard that they threatened the OTA site as well). They spent some serious money going after me, only to have it all fall apart when my lawyer contacted them to tell them that we would see them in court. I believe the modus operandi is to threaten legal action, believing most people would rather remove their bad review than spend thousands on legal representation. With so many fake positive reviews on these sites, and with many negative ones being removed through threats, getting a clear picture of the actual customer experiences at a property is almost impossible.
holy cow. Unreal to say the least.
Boraxo and Flying Machine like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by rkaradi
holy cow. Unreal to say the least.
even more, I still can’t figure out why people do XXX. A frequent poster here I did a quick Google search.. lives in the bay area, serviced his car at a Mercedes dealership, kid plays soccer. If I wanted to find them I could if I searched another five more minutes
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:24 am

Programs: UA 1K
I have a USA - HKT that ends with BKK-HKT. BKK-HKT has now been changed from I to E (which I think is economy since it's just an A320 operated by Thai Smile) and a 2hr schedule change. Everything else up to BKK are intact for now.
Do I have any chance to get UA to change this to USA - BKK? Also would departure city change be possible?

Last edited by kevflyer; Aug 1, 2022 at 1:35 am
Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kevflyer
I have a USA - HKT that ends with BKK-HKT. BKK-HKT has now been changed from I to E (which I think is economy since it's just an A320 operated by Thai Smile) and a 2hr schedule change. Everything else up to BKK are intact for now.
Do I have any chance to get UA to change this to USA - BKK? Also would departure city change be possible?
You probably have a chance to make the ticket end in BKK if there is no business to HKT they can put you on. > 250 miles, but they can make exceptions. Changing origin and destination is going to be a bit of a stretch. Call and see what they are willing to do
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kevflyer
I woke up with a schedule change from Thai; change to HKT-BKK-ARN from nonstop HKT-ARN. I will have to leave HKT a few hours earlier. Is there any chance that UA makes Thai to let me leave a day later and change BKK-ARN to BKK-MUC (Thus, I will remove ARN-MUC in my original routing)? On UA metal, I think that I can change from MUC-ORD-ORF to MUC-EWR-ORF. The total trip time will remain the same as before.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Is there any chance that UA makes Thai to let me leave a day later and change BKK-ARN to BKK-MUC (Thus, I will remove ARN-MUC in my original routing)?
Makes them? No, zero.

Allows you to make that change if Thai shows award space?
Possibly. However, since you were also talking about making a change to your return, that could conceivably convince UA that they need to reprice. If there happened to be I space on the flights you wanted, that might help.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: DL-Plat, UA-Plat 2MM, AA-PlatPro, B6-Mosaic 3, AY-Plat, HY-Globalist, MR-LT Plat, HH-Gold
I posted in this thread about waitlisting a domestic economy segment of my US-NZ itinerary to business, which was moved to a thread specifically about waitlisting. Long story short, because these itineraries are booked in JN, there was no need to waitlist and the agent immediately bumped me to JN. That got me thinking about how flexible they might be with routing changes when there is no schedule change. I’m currently booked LAX-IAH-SYD-WLG, all JN except NZ segment in X. Would they allow any or all of the following without repricing?
  • LAX-SYD-WLG (assuming JN space on UA, X on NZ)
  • LAX-SFO-AKL-WLG (same as above)
  • LAX-SFO-AKL (JN on UA)
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by daslax
I posted in this thread about waitlisting a domestic economy segment of my US-NZ itinerary to business, which was moved to a thread specifically about waitlisting. Long story short, because these itineraries are booked in JN, there was no need to waitlist and the agent immediately bumped me to JN. That got me thinking about how flexible they might be with routing changes when there is no schedule change. I’m currently booked LAX-IAH-SYD-WLG, all JN except NZ segment in X. Would they allow any or all of the following without repricing?
  • LAX-SFO-AKL (JN on UA)
Without a schedule change, any of these would require a repricing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
  • LAX-SFO-AKL (JN on UA)
I don't think so, without waiver, all routing/date/flight change will requires repricing.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 10:38 pm

Some updates to my recent trip...
My reservation was IAD-ORD-IST. There was a delay of IAD-ORD.
I was rebooked at the check-in counter to IAD-IST (TK airline), but the UA agent refused to rebook me to the business class...
Then, my bag was not able to be put on the rebooked flight. I ended up being in IST without my bag now...
Really messy situation for a vacation trip.

Can I claim a refund for getting downgraded?
Should I file a complaint with United?
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
  • LAX-SFO-AKL (JN on UA)

I booked SNA-HOU-SYD-WEL.
Only HOU-SYD is in Business. In order for the agent to move me into Business on SNA-HOU, does there need to be saver space? Thanks for your help! My routing is not ideal as I live near LAX, but we are a family of four and for the 60k price I was willing to do the positioning flights. Would be nice to get that initial SNA-HOU in business class though.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ashley1245
I booked SNA-HOU-SYD-WEL.
Only HOU-SYD is in Business. In order for the agent to move me into Business on SNA-HOU, does there need to be saver space? Thanks for your help! My routing is not ideal as I live near LAX, but we are a family of four and for the 60k price I was willing to do the positioning flights. Would be nice to get that initial SNA-HOU in business class though.
Have you looked at the availability of FC cabin on SNA-IAH? You need JN4 before you call United. Good luck.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dmark1021
Some updates to my recent trip...
My reservation was IAD-ORD-IST. There was a delay of IAD-ORD.
I was rebooked at the check-in counter to IAD-IST (TK airline), but the UA agent refused to rebook me to the business class...
Then, my bag was not able to be put on the rebooked flight. I ended up being in IST without my bag now...
Really messy situation for a vacation trip.

Can I claim a refund for getting downgraded?
Should I file a complaint with United?
Did you ask for other routings in business? Like IAD-FRA/MUC/ZRH/LHR-IST? US should have been able to put you into business TATL.

You will get 27k miles back. 60k vs. 33k partner Y.
dmark1021 likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Have you looked at the availability of FC cabin on SNA-IAH? You need JN4 before you call United. Good luck.
You could also split the PNR and take as many seats as you can get...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.