Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG Business Class Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Seat selection on Thai Airways: 1) download their App; 2) find your trip with confirmation number provided by United; mine says LH, but it worked; 3) Click my trip; 4) click ‘Add Services,” 5) check seatguru.com for reference before selecting your favorite seats.

ps: The key step is 3) although you locate your trip with step 2).
hirohito888 likes this.

Last edited by Kmxu; Apr 20, 2022 at 4:55 pm
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I have the same "CONTACT INFORMATION" is required before adding any service(s) issue. My booking with TG is a TK award booking. I eventually rang a TG agent and she explained that name formats often get messed up when transferring from other airlines but the booking is good. I couldn't add my seat allocation online or in the app but she was able to do it for me.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:00 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kmxu
Seat selection on Thai Airlines: 1) download their App; 2) find your trip with confirmation number provided by United; mine says LH, but it worked; 3) Click my trip; 4) click ‘Add Services,” 5) check seatguru.com for reference before selecting your favorite seats.

ps: The key step is 3) although you locate your trip with step 2).
Good luck finding an app, let alone a website for Thai Airlines… And seatguru.com is probably one of the least reliable sources around :/
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Good luck finding an app, let alone a website for Thai Airlines… And seatguru.com is probably one of the least reliable sources around :/
A case of YMMV!

Both THAI’s App and Web perform reasonably well in my experience down here in New Zealand. Not the worst airline IT I have encountered.

Concur that SeatGuru is a poor source.
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
A case of YMMV!

Both THAI’s App and Web perform reasonably well in my experience down here in New Zealand. Not the worst airline IT I have encountered.

Concur that SeatGuru is a poor source.
Point was there is no such thing as Thai Airlines
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Point was there is no such thing as Thai Airlines
okay. Got it. Thai Airways!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA UA IHG Hilton Marriott SPG
TG app

Thx for the tip on using the app vs website. Still not completely intuitive, but the app allowed seat changes and saved them!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM
Thai Airways updated its app. No longer possible to change seats as the “add service” function has disappeared. Really disappointing.

Stuck in loop of “update contact info” but system doesn’t allow for inputting title (Mr./Ms./etc)
Assimilated Cajun likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:57 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by martina
Thai Airways updated its app. No longer possible to change seats as the “add service” function has disappeared. Really disappointing.

Stuck in loop of “update contact info” but system doesn’t allow for inputting title (Mr./Ms./etc)
Is this on Android? I have the up to date iOS app and can pick seats fine. Literally only downloaded the app yesterday after booking my first TG flight since 2009.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:17 am
HAF

Originally Posted by dsf
Is this on Android? I have the up to date iOS app and can pick seats fine. Literally only downloaded the app yesterday after booking my first TG flight since 2009.
iOS. I have the same issue too for an award reservation created from United. I think if the reservation has been created from Thai - the seat selector does not have an issue showing up. However if the reservation is created from a 3rd party it seems the "Title" field is not populated and not editable - so the app or web does not allow to save the passenger details and get to the seat selector. I hope they fix this soon....
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:31 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Perhaps it depends on the third party. I booked through Amex travel and "Mr" is there fine.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
The SAS website seemed to work for me.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:40 pm
HAF

Originally Posted by United747
The SAS website seemed to work for me.
yes - thank you - works for me too. weird to do seat assignment on SAS website for thai operated flights booked on united. but it works.
Assimilated Cajun and EZjace like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 11:48 pm

I had to use the SAS website for seat selection too - TG website is just terrible (not that SAS’ is much better but on this particular aspect it is )
Old Aug 12, 2022, 5:38 am

Thanks for the SAS tip, it also worked for my my TG business class ticket booked via United miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.