Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfvoyage
If the wine is poured in the galley, I'd ask to see the bottle at my seat or volunteer to go to the galley to look at it. (Probably best to arrange to do this before service begins, when the crew is busy and it is harder to get out of my seat with the tray down and utensils all set.) I would think and hope the crew won't mind, unless I am unlucky and get a bad crew.
I think it may be a bit awkward to ask to come to the galley and look while they're doing their prep. There isn't a lot of space, and a pax wandering around looking at the bottles would usually wind up getting in the way.

A good crew would / does offer to get more information and follow up when requested, but some just go with "pinot", "cabernet" and even "something else". Those latter crews tend to be more interested rushing through service, so it can also be a little like pulling teeth when asking to see the bottles before you pick one, although they may still accommodate.

Good luck getting a good crew, or at least getting info on the wine somehow if not.
sfvoyage, Boraxo, seanp7 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
EWR-NRT 2 Aug 12 noon 772 seat 15L

Sent by a friend (upgraded using my Plus Points).

Presentation looks pretty decent.

Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:23 pm
fomerly known as LandingGear (not Landing Gear)

UA 941 LHR-EWR Menu

August 02

Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
Sent by a friend (upgraded using my Plus Points).

img
img
Fish looks decent and not turned into jerky.

But looks like they found a way to make that french toast dish even sadder.

I'd accuse them of trimming the tips off the pieces after they cut the single slice of bread into four, except I have no idea what other cost saving measure they could pursue by doing that. I hope it's just perspective distortion.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
So, it seems there are no new menus / improvements on or after 8/1? Sad!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
So, it seems there are no new menus / improvements on or after 8/1? Sad!
Seems like Europe - USA menus are still the same as June/July. Can anyone confirm for the other direction?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
How is wine served? By the above description, I assume the wine is not poured (from a beverage cart, for instance) by your seat, so that you cannot see the wine bottles & labels? Are you not allowed to ask to see the wine bottles or go to the galley to take a look for yourself? (Or would that invite a nasty glare, comment, or attitude from the crew?)
On my flight, the wine was poured by my seat when they came around with the beverage cart.
sfvoyage and gutt22 like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by fumje
Fish looks decent and not turned into jerky.

But looks like they found a way to make that french toast dish even sadder.

I'd accuse them of trimming the tips off the pieces after they cut the single slice of bread into four, except I have no idea what other cost saving measure they could pursue by doing that. I hope it's just perspective distortion.
According to the menu, the arrival meal choices were spinach omelet or mackerel. So unless it was a miscater, I’m assuming that’s the mackerel and not French toast?

Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:12 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
According to the menu, the arrival meal choices were spinach omelet or mackerel. So unless it was a miscater, I’m assuming that’s the mackerel and not French toast?

Are you referring to st530 's post? If so, that was a flight to Japan, and your menu is a flight from Japan.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
Seems like dinner was salmon (menu says sea bass), and the menu key says JPN-USA. I think mackerel is shown in some earlier photos you posted in this thread. So menu picture from other direction, I guess? Unless the flight had a "menu miscater" maybe, hah.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I actually think those meals, especially breakfast, are terribly presented. Had a better looking meal CDG-LHR on BA (DO & CO), a 50 minute flight.
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
That texture really looks like a short rib to me.
Yeah, it kinda does. Still think it looks good compared to some of the other stuff in this thread.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Reminder, once again, this thread is for posting examples of present Polaris meals....
What about the frequent posts of meals from other airlines?
Also, I'd argue that all photos of meals are from the past. Given how often UA actually changes their selections (other than recently), that can go back pretty far sometimes.

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
...Perhaps a "creative" substitute by an FA due to miscatering or attempt to cover insufficient quantity of the french toast option.....
I'm not sure a FA would risk their job trying to substitute their own food for missing food. Though I did have a pretty new FA hand out candy she personally brought on Halloween in F.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by eng3
I'm not sure a FA would risk their job trying to substitute their own food for missing food. Though I did have a pretty new FA hand out candy she personally brought on Halloween in F.
FA does not follow the menu, even a menu is available. I got the salmon salad as a late dinner for IAH-LIM although I asked for salmon meal later after taking off. FA also added a lot of cookies/bread to make a meal.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kmxu
FA does not follow the menu, even a menu is available. I got the salmon salad as a late dinner for IAH-LIM although I asked for salmon meal later after taking off. FA also added a lot of cookies/bread to make a meal.
There's a difference between cobbling together a meal from what catering has provided and serving food personally sourced from an unknown outside supplier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.