Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
UA31 MUC > EWR
06-AUG-2022

definitely real chicken breast and the entire bowl’s content tasted better than it looked. my first time getting this salad. not my thing, but my wife really liked hers.

the burger. had it without the bun. really not bad.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 7:55 am

UA must've gotten a great rate on a bulk buy of sultanas - they're in both that sorry idea of a "salad" and the chicken entrée. Right up there with serving a muffin as an accompaniment to a burger in a bun. But hey, at least we're up to 6 blueberries and maybe a whole strawberry!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perkele
UA31 MUC > EWR
06-AUG-2022

img
img
definitely real chicken breast and the entire bowl’s content tasted better than it looked. my first time getting this salad. not my thing, but my wife really liked hers.
img
the burger. had it without the bun. really not bad.
What is the black circle next to the muffin / above the burger? Red wine in the thicker acrylic PDB cup??
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Originally Posted by fumje
What is the black circle next to the muffin / above the burger? Red wine in the thicker acrylic PDB cup??
Looks like a strip of roasted zucchini?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by fumje
glass of Coke, no ice.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by perkele
glass of Coke, no ice.
Ah thanks, makes sense now.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by phkc070408

Pre arrival meal was supposed to be either French toast or the spinach and egg cube, but it was the egg cube or nothing. Came with a sausage link, potatoes, a croissant, and fresh fruit. The fruit was ripe. The Egg cube was probably made in a casserole dish and cut into cube by a machine, It tasted very cheap.

"Soylent Green is people!"
PTahCha, DELee, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
CDG-SFO in J, August 8.

After using the dreadful Maple Leaf Lounge at Terminal 2, with its mystery meat and mini pastries, we were served a half of a breakfast burrito with some fruit and bread. Dessert was also offered.

despite leaving at 9am French time, no mid flight fresh food was served on this 11 hour flight, so I guess lunch is a meal we were unworthy of.

goodeats21 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
CDG-SFO in J, August 8.

After using the dreadful Maple Leaf Lounge at Terminal 2, with its mystery meat and mini pastries, we were served a half of a breakfast burrito with some fruit and bread. Dessert was also offered.

despite leaving at 9am French time, no mid flight fresh food was served on this 11 hour flight, so I guess lunch is a meal we were unworthy of.

That is pathetic for main meal service on a TATL flight.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
And here is the pre-arrival flight “meal.” It’s basically a hot pocket—a wrap filled with tomato sauce and cheese, with fruit and a packaged cookie on the side.

i don’t know how you United folks do this but I’m going to do everything I can to avoid flying them again. I’m truly disgusted that I paid thousands and was served school cafeteria style food.

Old Aug 8, 2022, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CDG-SFO in J, August 8.

img
And here is the pre-arrival flight “meal.” It’s basically a hot pocket—a wrap filled with tomato sauce and cheese, with fruit and a packaged cookie on the side.

i don’t know how you United folks do this but I’m going to do everything I can to avoid flying them again. I’m truly disgusted that I paid thousands and was served school cafeteria style food.

img
And with that, it's a wrap!

SPN Lifer, st530, mmack and 9 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: United MP, Amtrak AGR
What is Polaris food like on UA82 these days? I am heading out out on it in a few days.

Should I eat in the Polaris Lounge in EWR or hold out for the on board fare?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jmukerji
What is Polaris food like on UA82 these days? I am heading out out on it in a few days.

Should I eat in the Polaris Lounge in EWR or hold out for the on board fare?
​​​jmukerji Welcome to FlyerTalk!

As a rule, it is always a good idea to eat a decent meal at the Polaris Lounge before boarding UA flight. On-board dining on UA metal has been crap of late.
If you end up getting served something decent, consider playing the lottery...quick.

(UA82 is EWR->DEL, for those not familiar)
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
SFO-LHR, 777-200, late July, dinner.

I had a great pre-flight experience in the Polaris Lounge. Thankfully, I had plenty of delicious food there. The lemon budino dessert in the dining room was amazing. Drink lists below. The bartender was able to make a paper plane cocktail despite it no longer being listed.

Once aboard, PDB was offered, but I declined. Warm nuts and a drink served 45 min after takeoff. Gosset champagne was good.

The in-flight dinner is pictured below. The quinoa starter was ok, but the main dish (short rib, potatoes, turnips) was nearly inedible. Sundae was fine. I slept through breakfast, having no interest in the choices, and ate in the arrivals lounge. Even though the arrivals lounge is open until 2 pm, staff removed the a la carte menus and started cleanup at 1 pm. Buffet items were left out.

SFO Polaris Lounge cocktail list

SFO Polaris Lounge wine list

Low quality Polaris meal SFO-LHR
Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by JJ804
SFO-LHR, 777-200, late July, dinner.

I had a great pre-flight experience in the Polaris Lounge. Thankfully, I had plenty of delicious food there. The lemon budino dessert in the dining room was amazing. Drink lists below. The bartender was able to make a paper plane cocktail despite it no longer being listed.

SFO Polaris Lounge cocktail list

SFO Polaris Lounge wine list
Good to see a couple of non-alcoholic cocktails on offer at the SFO PL.

Your wine list pic only shows the reds; did you by chance take a photo of the whites?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.