Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by autobahnal
Wait a minute....you got handed a menu printout *and* it misspelled the airline name at the top!!?? Am I missing an inside joke here?
Polaris summed up in one picture, lol.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:13 pm

That "home printed" menu says "UNTIED AIRLINES".

ETA: Indy beat me to it!
rch4u, st530, bmwe92fan and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Wait a minute....you got handed a menu printout *and* it misspelled the airline name at the top!!?? Am I missing an inside joke here?
This made me laugh much harder than it probably should have.
autobahnal, wrp96, jewree and 2 others like this.

Last edited by must_wander; Jul 18, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:53 pm

Programs: UAMP
UA 59 (7/15)

My first Polaris flight was UA 930 a month before and I found the food very disappointing. I would say the food on UA 59 was 6/10 compared to 3/10 on UA 930. (lowered expectations? lol)

No PDB, menu handed out. Selected the Chicken Breast with Herb for option one and the Roasted Halibut as option two. Received the Halibut which, while it looked unappetizing, was decent enough despite being dry.

Mid-flight the snack area had full bottles of water, cheese plates, pretzels and a few other snacks available.

For the pre-arrival meal I selected the Wellington Burger, which, upon the first bite, tasted pretty good. About 1/3 of the way through I couldn't stomach it anymore but in United's defense it was probably more the 30 day European bender I had been on than the dish.

Service was excellent and the flight attendants kept my glass full for a good portion of the flight. My FA friend had two of his friends working Polaris so I got a bit of DYKWIA treatment and they were super welcoming to me. Kudos to them.

*Sorry for the potato quality pictures... working on my in-flight photo skills
Attached Images    
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Untied Airlines - did Professor Jeremy Cooperstock print these out on his computer?

For those who are unfamiliar, he created the spoof-complaint website about United on untied.com that got United so perturbed it sued.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...t-website.html

Last edited by CApreppie; Jul 18, 2022 at 6:22 pm
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sgtbalski
UA 59 (7/15)

My first Polaris flight was UA 930 a month before and I found the food very disappointing. I would say the food on UA 59 was 6/10 compared to 3/10 on UA 930. (lowered expectations? lol)

No PDB, menu handed out. Selected the Chicken Breast with Herb for option one and the Roasted Halibut as option two. Received the Halibut which, while it looked unappetizing, was decent enough despite being dry.

Mid-flight the snack area had full bottles of water, cheese plates, pretzels and a few other snacks available.

For the pre-arrival meal I selected the Wellington Burger, which, upon the first bite, tasted pretty good. About 1/3 of the way through I couldn't stomach it anymore but in United's defense it was probably more the 30 day European bender I had been on than the dish.

Service was excellent and the flight attendants kept my glass full for a good portion of the flight. My FA friend had two of his friends working Polaris so I got a bit of DYKWIA treatment and they were super welcoming to me. Kudos to them.

*Sorry for the potato quality pictures... working on my in-flight photo skills
Are you sure you had the halibut? It looks like the chicken!
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Are you sure you had the halibut? It looks like the chicken!
Wow, you're right! I guess I couldn't really tell what it was so I assumed tasteless fish? Looking at the menu again it definitely was "chicken". I swear I was sober at this point as well.

That made my night fumje...
wrp96, IndyHoosier and benewr like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 6:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Wow, you're right! I guess I couldn't really tell what it was so I assumed tasteless fish? Looking at the menu again it definitely was "chicken". I swear I was sober at this point as well.

I can't think of a better way to describe the (lack of) quality of Polaris food than this -- when you can't even tell what you ate for dinner on a $7k ticket -- that's not great....
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:12 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
I love it!

Oh, no, I didn't know about the website. Should i delete? Meant no harm!
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
I can't think of a better way to describe the (lack of) quality of Polaris food than this -- when you can't even tell what you ate for dinner on a $7k ticket -- that's not great....
Hah, I agree — more a reflection of the catering than the diner's palate.
wrp96 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Hah, I agree — more a reflection of the catering than the diner's palate.
Talk about a confirmation bias, damn. Expect fish, taste... really dry fish?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
UA 59 (7/15)
FRA-SFO, so others don't have to look it up.
SPN Lifer, wpcoe and sgtbalski like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
The sad thing about the UNTIED menu is that it was probably a very well-intentioned FA who took the time to create and print that menu on her own time and own dime.

I give her a huge A for effort, despite the delicious irony.
cesco.g, st530, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
The sad thing about the UNTIED menu is that it was probably a very well-intentioned FA who took the time to create and print that menu on her own time and own dime.

I give her a huge A for effort, despite the delicious irony.
Will United launch an investigation into this good deed on behalf of UNTIED Airlines?
It will only cost them a few $, much less than the cost of putting menu on all Polaris flights.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Flt 839 LAX-SYD

Printed menu is a very-miniature version of what it used to be, Single page, about 7 inches by 9 inches. I didn't look on the back to see what was on there and now I can't find it.

1. Nuts came out with the drink.
2. Entre all at once. We dodged the Cauliflower salad thank goodness. I wasn't a fan of the chili, however it might have been more the Polenta than the chili itself. Roll was barely warm.
3. Desert was plain vanilla Ice cream.

Overall it's a major downgrade. I'm surprising myself by saying this but I preferred it. We chowed down in the Polaris Lounge only a few hours ago and I wanted to get a few things done on my computer before taking a nap, which you can't do with a 45 minute 5-course performance.

While I would love to see the appetizer, bread basked, and Sundae cart brought back, bringing these back goes against my interests of a shorter meal service. Including the appetizer with the nuts and restoring the full Sundae cart would be a nice compromise.
gioannis13 and sgtbalski like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.