Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Mini-menu is a perfect reflection of the mini-portions served👍😂.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:37 am

I am surprised (??NOT??) to see a sentence on the menu ending with " Catch some zzzs".

Such a casual way of writing...Definitely not professional for a business of this magnitude.

I am sure the writer thought it was "cute".
I am positive that many people may actually love this style of writing.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by phkc070408
I wasn't a fan of the chili, however it might have been more the Polenta than the chili itself. Roll was barely warm.
Maybe it's just me but that looks like quinoa instead of polenta which would totally be weird with chili if true.
rch4u and Dyce like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by wrp96
Maybe it's just me but that looks like quinoa instead of polenta which would totally be weird with chili if true.
That's what I thought, however my first time every having Quinoa was earlier today I'm not very familiar with it. All I know is UA's language style of trying to come off as fancy is really a trick to fool people like me who don't realize that haricots verts are nothing more than string beans, as I learned in the LAX Polaris Lounge tonight.

What's is UA's obsession with Quinoa about anyway?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: UA Gold
Printed menu is a very-miniature version of what it used to be, Single page, about 7 inches by 9 inches. I didn't look on the back to see what was on there and now I can't find it.

1. Nuts came out with the drink.
2. Entre all at once. We dodged the Cauliflower salad thank goodness. I wasn't a fan of the chili, however it might have been more the Polenta than the chili itself. Roll was barely warm.
3. Desert was plain vanilla Ice cream.

Overall it's a major downgrade. I'm surprising myself by saying this but I preferred it. We chowed down in the Polaris Lounge only a few hours ago and I wanted to get a few things done on my computer before taking a nap, which you can't do with a 45 minute 5-course performance.

While I would love to see the appetizer, bread basked, and Sundae cart brought back, bringing these back goes against my interests of a shorter meal service. Including the appetizer with the nuts and restoring the full Sundae cart would be a nice compromise.
Bread basket back on some flights but clearly hasn’t made its way through the system. Was offered on flight earlier this month from Munich to Houston.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
All I know is UA's language style of trying to come off as fancy is really a trick to fool people like me who don't realize that haricots verts are nothing more than string beans, as I learned in the LAX Polaris Lounge tonight.
Would you like some oven-roasted Cornish game hen and pommes purée with that?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by findark
Would you like some oven-roasted Cornish game hen and pommes purée with that?
Wawawawwwawhat?

That about sums it up.

That's when I lean over to my wife and say "Honey, what is this?"
wrp96 and VRFast like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wrp96
Maybe they just dropped the polenta on the floor while plating
Old Jul 19, 2022, 10:42 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
The sad thing about the UNTIED menu is that it was probably a very well-intentioned FA who took the time to create and print that menu on her own time and own dime.

I give her a huge A for effort, despite the delicious irony.
Maybe, I thought it was who ever was in charge of catering typing those up because they ran out of real menus.
I'm not sure how the FA's get the menus. Are they in the carts with the food? For example, my last flight (above), two times with the same crew. Once had menus and the other did not. I assume they just deal with whatever is in the carts.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 11:38 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by sgtbalski

Ummm.. looks like someone at catering used the tray cloth as napkins.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 2:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What's is UA's obsession with Quinoa about anyway?
it’s healthier than white rice?
Additionally, quinoa has far fewer calories and carbohydrates than white rice, which contains 40 more calories and 15 times the carbohydrates per cup than the same amount of quinoa. A cup of quinoa will also provide twice the protein and about 5 grams more fiber than the same amount of white rice.Dec 11, 2018
https://www.myrecipes.com/healthy-di...quinoa-or-rice
kirkwoodj, wrp96 and VRFast like this.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by halls120
it’s healthier than white rice?...
I think that's the least of UA's considerations. I think UA is serving quinoa as it's not that much more expensive than rice, but mainly because it's a "thing" now. The nutritional value is coincidental to "thing"ness . Same for with cauliflower showing up nowadays.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
7/20/22 - UA 934 EWR - LHR (daytime flight)

No PDB for me - my wife got one…
No menus
New / junior crew

Given the choice of eggs and bacon - or peach cobbler thing / choose the “eggs” - but as you can see it’s mostly bacon…. Bread was cold - so was my “egg” - hard to believe that domestic food is now so much better than this….

And before you ask I was unable to determine what the sauce was - but it seems to have some seafood in it?

My wife wisely declined any food….

here is the pre-arrival Thai chicken - somehow the noodles were not cooked even though it sat in cream for the whole flight - and yes another cookie!

gioannis13 likes this.

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Jul 20, 2022 at 12:35 pm
Old Jul 20, 2022, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
For a moment there I was thinking they served you rocks before I realized that's potatoes, I think.
SS255, bmwe92fan and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 8:16 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by fumje

I'm more concerned by that 'bacon'. Seems easily confused for rusted scrap metal.
That would probably taste better…. It was cold and chewy - and was very surprised at how much there was - like a heart attack on a plate - a large departure from the cauliflower and quinoa meals of late!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.