Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 2P
LHR-DEN

PDB was choice of OJ, water? Wasn't offered because I was out of my seat while mechanics were trying to fix my seat's broken tray table

No printed menus

Chose the herb chicken breast which was cooked to the point of being...basically inedible. Cauliflower salad was too sweet for my tastes and bread was borderline stale.

Pre-arrival meal reminded me of a school cafeteria tray...minus any nutritional content. Wellington burger was OK.

Overall, the food was certainly at a low point of any of the UA J flights i've taken over the past few decades. On the other hand, cabin crew were surprisingly friendly and proactive

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by N9631
LHR-DENWellington burger was OK.
Being a burger lover, I was hoping that would be around on our LAX-SYD earlier this week.

The mid-flight snack was just a bunch of leftover cheese plates from desert.

This was the pre-arrival meal. I think I saw someone post the same meal recently in the Domestic/TCon thread for an HNL flight. It was pretty good. Much better than the Quinoa Chili I was served for dinner (read up about 15 posts to read about that).

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by st530 (Post # 1041)
NRT-EWR 22 July 772 seat 6D

A friend whom I was able to upgrade using PPs just sent me these. Wow. Just wow.
Agreed. Looks delicious!

It is nice that UA is taking baby steps in the right direction.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Wow! Grapes are back with the cheese? We are so fortunate.
SPN Lifer, Dyce, tcdtcd and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by st530
A friend whom I was able to upgrade using PPs just sent me these. Wow. Just wow.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Agreed. Looks delicious!

It is nice that UA is taking baby steps in the right direction.
I think the "Wow. Just wow." comment is facetious and not complimentary... (The UA J food looks no better than NH Y.)
goodeats21, wrp96, Dyce and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sfvoyage
I think the "Wow. Just wow." comment is facetious and not complimentary... (The UA J food looks no better than NH Y.)
Neither seems particularly appealing.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
SIN-SFO today, choice of beef cheek, stuffed chicken, and a vegetarian Indian dish
I had the beef cheek, was ample in size, very tender (knife not needed), and delicious. Came with polenta & veg. Ice cream sundae for dessert not bad either.
gutt22 likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
We're really going places when the UA cheese plate is the most appetizing thing on the most recent page of this thread. To be fair, the salad with lotus root looks edible too.
elitefreak, wrp96 and zeer0 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
SIN-SFO today, choice of beef cheek, stuffed chicken, and a vegetarian Indian dish
I had the beef cheek, was ample in size, very tender (knife not needed), and delicious. Came with polenta & veg. Ice cream sundae for dessert not bad either.
May be it has something to do with SIN catering…. SQ serves beef cheek often in its business cabin. They have been delicious.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Despite the continued low quality food, wines, and dinnerware, and the hideous tablecloths, it is nice to see that UA is once again “plating” the mains.
cricketer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I'm flying GVA EWR (957) 920a departure in a few months, it's shown as breakfast, is this actually what's served? If so, that's a real let down, breakfast is always the worst meal on most airlines, but especially UA.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm flying GVA EWR (957) 920a departure in a few months, it's shown as breakfast, is this actually what's served? If so, that's a real let down, breakfast is always the worst meal on most airlines, but especially UA.
It will be breakfast and the breakfast has really decreased further in quality over the last two months (as if that was even possible...)

Last edited by MatthewLAX; Jul 27, 2022 at 2:09 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 27, 2022, 1:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
It will be breakfast and the breakfast has really degreased further in quality over the last two months (as if that was even possible...)
Oh great. I assume the pre-arrival service is nothing enhanced too, just the normal offerings. I'll be having a nice big breakfast and bringing aboard some charcuterie or something. I might as well get the email to 1KVoice in my draft items now.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nevansm
Oh great. I assume the pre-arrival service is nothing enhanced too, just the normal offerings. I'll be having a nice big breakfast and bringing aboard some charcuterie or something. I might as well get the email to 1KVoice in my draft items now.
Same hamburger or vegetable couscous.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: UA GS
the “menu” on today’s LHR-DEN
i’ts July but we’ll get the June food. Copy of FA instructions instead of a printed menu. BTW BA who is normally a low performer in service had a printed menu on ABZ-LHR (1 hour in the air)

WheelsUpGal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.