Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Anyone notice the smaller size yogurt here? Another Kutback?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
SYD-LAX

Pre-arrival breakfast. The green thing tasted of mega salt with maybe pesto? Little muffin in the wrapper there. Glad I had time for PL breakfast (and shower!)

SYD-LAX first meal. “Chipotle brisket”. Meat was same as short rib, with nice sauce. The dessert was as you see, one TimTam biscuit. Was hoping ice cream would be coming, but no.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
SYD-LAX

Pre-arrival breakfast. The green thing tasted of mega salt with maybe pesto? Little muffin in the wrapper there. Glad I had time for PL breakfast (and shower!)

SYD-LAX first meal. “Chipotle brisket”. Meat was same as short rib, with nice sauce. The dessert was as you see, one TimTam biscuit. Was hoping ice cream would be coming, but no.
Soylent Green or a Quiche in disguise for breakfast? We need a barf emoji as an option..
Old Apr 6, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by gmt4
Soylent Green or a Quiche in disguise for breakfast? We need a barf emoji as an option..
Amen to that. Thankful for the excellent effort at LAX PL. Should’ve given em a silver card I guess, but might not be useful there.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
SYD-LAX

Unbelievable presentation of premium cabin meals. Who does the catering for UA out of SYD?
IndyHoosier and zeer0 like this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
LHR-ORD 3 April 320 pm 763 seat 9L

PDB offered. Don’t remember all the choices but chose the stuffed chicken. Drinks cart with nuts came first. Champagne was Nicholas F.

Prearrival back to choice of hamburger Wellington (actually a cheesehurger) or the couscous. I can’t resist the flaky pastry crust so went with the former despite the nutritional disaster.

gioannis13 likes this.

Last edited by st530; Apr 6, 2022 at 5:28 pm
Old Apr 6, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-SCL 4 April 820 pm 763 seat 5A

PDB offered. Dinner was same choice as all ex-USA flights, i.e., short rib, salmon or cheese ravioli. Went with salmon. Drinks cart with nuts offered first. Champagne was Duval Leroy.

Breakfast was choice of egg white bites or French toast. Selected the latter but then slept through breakfast.

BlueSky72 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Unbelievable presentation of premium cabin meals. Who does the catering for UA out of SYD?
It’s pretty bad - my salmon entree was actually decent last month, much better portion size than ex-US … but the rest of the meal bad, and the arrival service terrible. Dessert is supposed to be packaged chocolate mousse, but looks above like that was mis-catered, as the Tim Tam is one of three items in the sad snack basket.

When the “green square” was served before landing, FA proactively offered her crew meal scrambled eggs as she wasn’t eating them. They looked even worse!

Gate Gourmet out of SYD.
BlueSky72 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by greenpau
It’s pretty bad - my salmon entree was actually decent last month, much better portion size than ex-US … but the rest of the meal bad, and the arrival service terrible. Dessert is supposed to be packaged chocolate mousse, but looks above like that was mis-catered, as the Tim Tam is one of three items in the sad snack basket.

When the “green square” was served before landing, FA proactively offered her crew meal scrambled eggs as she wasn’t eating them. They looked even worse!

Gate Gourmet out of SYD.
Thanks. Serving Tim Tam (I love them) is just sad for a premium cabin desert.
On Gate Gourmet, they also cater for SQ, BR and other Asian airlines. I guess the budget UA provided to Gate Gourmet is so much lower. You cannot ask a Michelin restaurant chef make the same resturant meal with a homeless shelter budget.
I have had fantastic meals on SQ out of SYD.
BlueSky72 likes this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Apr 7, 2022 at 9:14 pm
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
In the last 6 months, catering out of SYD (and GRU) has been far better than anything out of EWR, for me. Despite the presentation, the taste was decent - and proper salads without weird fruit and corn syrup dressings... YMMV.
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Amen to that. Thankful for the excellent effort at LAX PL. Should’ve given em a silver card I guess, but might not be useful there.
Damn, I'll be doing the same flight in about a month. I assumed I'd at least get the cup of ice cream. I guess I was wrong.
Was the sit-down dining area even open that early at the PL? Not sure when your connection was.

... homeless shelter budget...
I doub't UA is that generous
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
Damn, I'll be doing the same flight in about a month. I assumed I'd at least get the cup of ice cream. I guess I was wrong.
Was the sit-down dining area even open that early at the PL? Not sure when your connection was.
I hustled from TBIT to T6, made it to PL just after 6:30am, and dining room was open. Breakfast, shower, and still able to be at gate 83 in time for 7:35am boarding.
cesco.g, MatthewLAX and BlueSky72 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I hustled from TBIT to T6, made it to PL just after 6:30am, and dining room was open. Breakfast, shower, and still able to be at gate 83 in time for 7:35am boarding.
Oh TBIT, good to know.
Anyways, my flight is 3 May so maybe they'll upgrade the menu by then. How was the outbound to SYD?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by st530
PDB offered. Dinner was same choice as all ex-USA flights, i.e., short rib, salmon or cheese ravioli. Went with salmon. Drinks cart with nuts offered first. Champagne was Duval Leroy.

Breakfast was choice of egg white bites or French toast. Selected the latter but then slept through breakfast.

I flew IAH-GRU on the same day. Service was identical as above except for breakfast. French toast or a quiche type egg in a croissant.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by st530

Same meal we had today....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.