Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Seriously, what are they "testing" for serving deserts?
Our patience.

(The plating for the ravioli looks infinitely better than the dog bowl).
tcdtcd and bmwe92fan like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I am all for seeing at least some improvement, but that is a far cry from the ice cream sundae service of yore...
lol and here I thought my post about UA abandoning their transit desk in FRA would get more notice than a desert tray!
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
lol and here I thought my post about UA abandoning their transit desk in FRA would get more notice than a desert tray!
Your picture of the inoperative IFE control got me more attention than your desert tray but at least it wasn't the whole seat gone bust....I wonder how many days (or weeks) that sticker been on there.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver
LHR - ORD - No 3 step service

I flew LHR to ORD yesterday in Polaris…First thing I have to say is the London based crew were amazing; couldn’t do enough for us, thanked for being a 1k at the start and again at the end of the flight, always passing through the cabin for drink refills, wine recommendations etc.

PDB of sparkling wine or water, I asked if there was time for a second one to which the purser said of course. Menu card was presented shortly before take off, I choose the short rib with a sweet and sticky honey style sauce with rice, it was delicious. Salad was good and dessert was the potted ice cream.

Only slight disappointment was that I was expecting the new 3 step service with a separate dessert, as I thought LHR -ORD was one of the trial routes for this new service? Has this now been dropped on this route, I thought it was continuing on the trial routes?
Microwave likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:12 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by eng3
I believe they say they are testing for COVID safety.

In reality it is probably testing to find the absolute minimum they can get away with.
...without reinstating the F/A(s) they removed from the staffing.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:40 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by ani90
Your picture of the inoperative IFE control got me more attention than your desert tray but at least it wasn't the whole seat gone bust....I wonder how many days (or weeks) that sticker been on there.
lol I’m betting it’s been like that a LONG time…. I had the choice of three seats after UA messed up my flights - this was the only window seat left - just bad luck I guess Since the screen is so close to me I’m guessing fixing the remote isn’t a priority …

And yes - I ate the puck - every glorious awful bite…. After the day I’ve had - and what UA has put me through - I thought I should be honest - and get my wifi subscription worth on this flight!

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Apr 19, 2022 at 10:56 am
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by wpcoe
...without reinstating the F/A(s) they removed from the staffing.
Does it really take another FA to use a different plate or having an appetizer plate, or a bowl of ice cream instead of candy bar? There are alot of things that can be done without more labor onboard

I suppose having the sundae cart would require another FA or more time to do the service
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold,1MM, Hilton Honors Silver, Marriott Gold, BA Blue
Originally Posted by woody1221
Only slight disappointment was that I was expecting the new 3 step service with a separate dessert, as I thought LHR -ORD was one of the trial routes for this new service? Has this now been dropped on this route, I thought it was continuing on the trial routes?
That's what I thought as well. I have an LHR-ORD segment in June.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
For whatever reason, LHR-ORD doesn't seem to be part of the trial, despite the memo indicating it is.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by woody1221
Menu card was presented shortly before take off
Are printed menus back?
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Are printed menus back?
It was a small laminated menu that the purser took to each pax when taking the orders, so there wasn’t a menu handed out to each pax as such, just one card that the purser kept. My guess is that it is for the cabin crew to explain what is available but this purser gave me the card so I could read for myself what was available.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 6:52 am

Programs: UA
No menu on 187; beef, chicken, veg pasta for dinner, breakfast was omelet or waffle (no sausage with waffle). Beef tasted great but small and slightly overcooked, omelet was terrible prob should have gone with waffle.

FA strongly recommended against my midflight request for an econ meal, offered me the sandwich instead, it's better than the one from 3 months ago, actual chunks of chicken and FA had a few warming in the oven.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Must be a shortage on grapes and strawberries.
cesco.g, ll22949, st530 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
FA strongly recommended against my midflight request for an econ meal, offered me the sandwich instead, it's better than the one from 3 months ago, actual chunks of chicken and FA had a few warming in the oven.
That's a definite improvement (although warm cucumber is a no-no for me; not sure why... ).
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Soon to be a free agent.
LHR to EWR

No menu card. No sparkling wine for PDB as apparently the bottles they opened were flat. One pax asked about champagne, but was told they could have it with the meal service.

Ravioli was the usual. The salad looked very sad. The "cheeseburger" for pre-arrival was disappointing. Service was just average despite the cabin being less than half full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.