2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:31 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
From Sydney you get a Tim Tam. Clearly nobody at United corporate gets embarrassed...
And I thought the ice cream in a paper cup served on the same tray as the rest of the meal was bad. SMH...
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lamphs
Friday 4/8, IAH-LIM.

Not impressed. Everything on one tray. I was given choice of beef or fish. I did see someone having pasta, but perhaps me being in 10A, and only Gold, the pasta may have been gone by the time the FA got to me. The FA also wanted to take my drink order at the same time. No problem. I asked for a G&T before dinner and red wine and water with dinner. He said that drinks before dinner were not available, everything served on one tray, but he'd see what he could do. I was brought an already made G&T (it must have been a double and almost too strong for me) without a lime. I just thought this very strange as I was expecting drinks and warm nuts prior to dinner.

The beef's flavor was OK, but it was quite tough. The rest of the meal was unremarkable.

A snack of a Dole fruit cup, a Kind bar, a slice of cheese, and two crackers was served about 90 minutes out.

This route still seems to have the Polaris Lite service, at a block time of 6h single tray, domestic glassware, domestic F service.

I spy the Christies Cookie in there for dessert, making a comeback. I just wish they could rotate the flavor after five years of the same one.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: UA Silver
4/12/2022
UA 892
ICN > SFO
Seat 7A

Overall sub-par service compared to outbound SFO > ICN service on UA 893 3 weeks prior.

No PDB and return of the crappy omelet with mushroom for breakfast. Fruit was equally stale vs last time.
I took the connecting domestic F for SFO > DEN subsequently and the fruit was much fresher.

Main course which was "surf & turf" was okay in taste but very limited in quantity - steak must have been 3 oz at most, with just one shrimp. Good thing I packed 3 donuts from the terminal.
Dessert was a huge let down again, serving this cheapo sub-$0.30 choco-pie.

Old Apr 13, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by maverickar15
4/12/2022
UA 892
ICN > SFO
Seat 7A

Overall sub-par service compared to outbound SFO > ICN service on UA 893 3 weeks prior.

No PDB and return of the crappy omelet with mushroom for breakfast. Fruit was equally stale vs last time.
I took the connecting domestic F for SFO > DEN subsequently and the fruit was much fresher.

Main course which was "surf & turf" was okay in taste but very limited in quantity - steak must have been 3 oz at most, with just one shrimp. Good thing I packed 3 donuts from the terminal.
Dessert was a huge let down again, serving this cheapo sub-$0.30 choco-pie.

Broccoli look so big!
UA is trying to starve its customers. 😂😂Neither diet nor exercise is needed after the trip. 🤙🤙
quikj likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by leoo

What is the entre and side dish for the main meal?? I do recognize the hockey puck for the pre-arrival meal.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by artvandalay
Please share your excellent photos with UA and ask for their explanation of a Kit Kat bar...and share with us.
I'm afraid I'll get the same answer I get every single time I message 1Kvoice, which is:

[email protected] <[email protected]>
Thank you for reaching out to us!

We want to make sure you get the best service possible, and since your email concerns a current or future flight the best resource for you is going to be united.com .

If for any reason you can't find what you're looking for and you need additional assistance, please reach out to us by giving us a call at 1-800-864-8331 (1-800-UNITED-1), visiting our United Customer Contact Center page (that includes international contact options) or reaching out to us via our Twitter or Facebook pages.

Please note, this email box is not monitored. Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you on board soon!
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
What is the entre and side dish for the main meal?? I do recognize the hockey puck for the pre-arrival meal.
Entre was "steak and eggs" - the other options were omelette and pancakes, I think.
Side dish was some sort of oatmeal.

Last edited by leoo; Apr 13, 2022 at 10:48 am
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:38 am

I recently had a couple of TATL Polaris flights. I turned down 3 of the 4 meal services on the four flights and didn’t eat at all on those 3 flights. The one meal service that I did accept was a bad choice on my part. It was the chicken breast with the alleged mushroom stuffing. It came with extremely overcooked, mushy veggies and what I was told were mashed potatoes. This “mashed potato” portion was GAWD AWFUL!! It had some kind of added ingredient(s) that were incredibly inappropriate. Whatever food supplier chef came up with the recipe for this entire meal should be fired and never be allowed to work in the food service business again. Some on here have remarked that the food served on United is school cafeteria quality. I disagree. It’s worse.

IMO, when new menu items are proposed, the chefs AND members of the executive team should take a flight and have these meals served at 35,000 feet., prepared just as they are for the passengers. This should be done prior to rolling it out for the passengers. If the chefs and executive suite think these meals are delectable and enjoyable, then, I seriously wonder about their palates.
kirkwoodj and Artpen100 like this.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Apr 13, 2022 at 11:59 am Reason: Add Polaris for clarity.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
While not Polaris specific, I've had decent luck by asking the FA what they recommend.

Polaris related, On our upcoming AU flights, not only are we going to make sure to eat good in the Polaris Lounge (or other lounge departing SYD), but I think we're going to bring something decent with us.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Three-step service with dessert options and bread basket will only expand to SFO/DEN-FRA, LAX-LHR, and IAD-AMM next month ... not systemwide. So disappointing.
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by phkc070408
Polaris related, On our upcoming AU flights, not only are we going to make sure to eat good in the Polaris Lounge (or other lounge departing SYD), but I think we're going to bring something decent with us.
UA's food ex-SYD in J for me was quite decent on a recent trip. Also, the SQ Lounge in SYD is very good and Air NZ has now re-opened. Definitely get full before the flight in two very good lounges.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Three-step service with dessert options and bread basket will only expand to SFO/DEN-FRA, LAX-LHR, and IAD-AMM next month ... not systemwide. So disappointing.
The only dessert option that Im interested in is the return of the sundae cart, which I know is not going to happen. I just had the ice cream soup twice again. Actually, didnt have it, as I just left it. There is absolutely no excuse for serving melted ice cream. I find the majority of the other dessert options overly sweet. I havent had the opportunity to try the new ice cream option with the cookie crumbles on top, but I dont care for cookies on my ice cream. Which is why I much, much prefer the old sundae cart. You had the opportunity to make your own choices.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seanp7
UA's food ex-SYD in J for me was quite decent on a recent trip. Also, the SQ Lounge in SYD is very good and Air NZ has now re-opened. Definitely get full before the flight in two very good lounges.
+100 to this on the SQ lounge in SYD. The packaged dessert and snack selection is also great, as you can grab and go for onboard.

I just flirted with the competition on a transatlantic DL One flight due to a cancellation / re-accommodation and I was blown away. It just felt so sad to think of where Polaris meal service currently is.

Without getting into details, it was the small things that blew me away - for example, a printed menu that also included a QR code with updates to todays choices where the entree and wine list were accurate. Then an amuse-bouche, glass of wine, that was served on a custom Delta One napkin - nothing else but a unique, stylish design. Remember, DL are based in the Coca-Cola homeland and even they dont use the heavily branded Coke napkins UA uses.

I just connected with my friends, and per MatthewLAX above its going to be July or later before the service is fully restored across all Polaris markets and the new menu options rolled out. Disappointing.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
EWR-JNB, FA had a sheet with description and small pictures, I gave her props about pictures and she said it took her a while to compile the sheet.

Beef rib, chicken with roasted peppers, or some sort of veg pasta

Bfast was quiche or French toast

Beef was very good, tender and good sauce, not pictured was mango sorbet offered separately

Quiche was pretty decent as well

Asked for an econ meal for Midflight snack, vastly superior to the 95% bread sandwiches they have on offer. Chicken orzo still outstanding.
The FA on NRT-SFO on Monday had pictures of the meal choices on her phone though not as good as most of the pics posted on this thread. Still gave her props for the effort. The meals themselves were pretty sad for international business class.

By comparison, my BKK-NRT flight on ANA had printed menus and most of the trappings of a decent meal service. I dont feel as bad about UA not flying this route any more.
RK23 and cczzll like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Kit Kat is a nice crispy delight. In a kids trick or treat bag.

Ridiculous as a INTL Biz class main meal provision.
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
From Sydney you get a Tim Tam. Clearly nobody at United corporate gets embarrassed...
Just when I thought we were moving past the ice cream cup and "testing" the ice cream in a bowl. What a huge step backwards
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
SYD-LAX

Pre-arrival breakfast. The green thing tasted of mega salt with maybe pesto? Little muffin in the wrapper there. Glad I had time for PL breakfast (and shower!)

SYD-LAX first meal. Chipotle brisket. Meat was same as short rib, with nice sauce. The dessert was as you see, one TimTam biscuit. Was hoping ice cream would be coming, but no.
Dude, that's Soylent Green. (Hint; it's people).
mgobluetex likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.