2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Old Jul 29, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
These are the choices for all USA to Europe PM departures for August 2022.
Too bad I'm flying SFO-LHR on the 31st. Planning to pack a quality sandwich. Deciding between Stemple Creek Ranch Corned Beef Braise, Sauerkraut, Gruyere Cheese, Caraway vinaigrette, Arugula, 1000 Island dressing Aioli, Sweet deli roll from https://thelocalbutchershop.com/ and Crispy Porchetta with salsa verde, pickled red onions, arugula, roasted garlic aioli on Acme ciabatta roll from https://www.picnicrotisserie.com/. Even a day old they've got to be a better option.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:29 am
DEN

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hilton Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
These are the choices for all USA to Europe PM departures for August 2022.
I hadn’t paid attention to United’s latest meal changes and this was a pleasant surprise. Mrs DEN had already suggested we eat a late lunch at “that football guys place” (Elways, B-Con) probably so she wouldn’t have to hear me complain about United’s meal offering (she’s a smart woman…)

Now we’re discussing hors d’oeuvres at Elways and trying a Polaris meal, perhaps even splitting one. If it’s bad, at least we won’t starve.

I’m guessing that United is putting their best foot forward and that the new meals might be good, especially in the beginning. Heating and plating could be an issue starting off, considering our flight is only day 3 and possibly the first attempt by the cabin crew.

DEN

Last edited by DEN; Jul 30, 2022 at 4:04 am
Old Jul 30, 2022, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The "Colorado flat iron steak with . . . Fresno chili peppers" definitely sounds appetizing. 🤠
​​​​​​
I wonder if the chicken is real or, as some have alleged, compressed extruded chicken parts?
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:28 am

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Thats definitely not polenta with the chili. Looks like quinoa. The lack of UA quality control on the catering (even to get it to match the dismal menu descriptions) is ridiculous.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Is the phrase "preorder dinner choices" an actual change to allow pre order in Polaris?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Larrude
Is the phrase "preorder dinner choices" an actual change to allow pre order in Polaris?
Yes, info. posted here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34464595-post244.html

Starts 1 August.
Larrude and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:17 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, info. posted here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34464595-post244.html

Starts 1 August.
The post says all flight excluding Europe? So I can order on the way to London, but not on the return?
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Larrude
The post says all flight excluding Europe? So I can order on the way to London, but not on the return?
yes.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 8:44 am
Original Member

Thank you, but weird!
lhrsfo likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by DEN
Preorder dinner choices:

A. Pasticcio three cheese tortellini bowl with vegan Bolognese, vegan meatballs, blistered cherry tomatoes and a bechamel sauce
B. Seared chicken breast with onion compote, Pommes Pont Neuf, roasted carrots and shallots plus tarragon demi glace
C. Colorado flat iron steak with chateau potatoes, charred rapini, mustard sauce, green onion and Fresno chili peppers
D. Spinach flan with oyster mushrooms with English pea coulis, yellow teardrop tomatoes, roasted corn kernels and fried fingerling potato chips

Or a special meal request:
We offer a variety of special meals on our flight to meet your dietary needs.
  • Kosher Meal
  • Asian Vegetarian Meal
  • Gluten-free Meal
  • Vegetarian (Non-Dairy) Meal
DEN
Will be interesting to see if the quality is actually improved. Also interesting that they offer two vegetarian dishes and no seafood option (personally Ive generally found the seafood option to be a better bet). Another hint that the bean counters are still very much in charge.

They also need to find a better way to describe the items. Spinach flan does not sound appetizing at all to me.
cesco.g and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Ambassador/LT Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lexdevil
Corned Beef Braise, Sauerkraut, Gruyere Cheese, Caraway vinaigrette, Arugula, 1000 Island dressing Aioli, Sweet deli roll from https://thelocalbutchershop.com/ and Crispy Porchetta with salsa verde, pickled red onions, arugula, roasted garlic aioli on Acme ciabatta roll from https://www.picnicrotisserie.com/. Even a day old they've got to be a better option.
Spare a thought for the people who have to sit next to you in a confined space for 10 hours and get the porchetta
wrp96 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 11:29 am

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium

EWR>FRA 29-JUL-2022 not sure if they ran out of ice cream or if it wasnt catered, but this was kind of disappointing. ate dinner in the lounge so cant comment on anything else on the menu. crew was great.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by COA777
...Spinach flan does not sound appetizing at all to me.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Spinach+flan
https://www.lacucinaitaliana.com/rec...s/spinach-flan
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by COA777
Spinach flan does not sound appetizing at all to me.
Does flan aux pinards sound better?
mapelle621 likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Thanks to DEN for the new menu! Although I will hold off buying my bag of Cheetos until I see photos and get reviews. Hopeful though!

"Pasticcio three cheese tortellini bowl with vegan Bolognese, vegan meatballs" - with cheese not being VEGAN, I guess this isn't a Vegan meal, just cheaper than beef at the moment.

"Pommes Pont Neuf" and the literal translation of this is Apples New Bridge. But they are in fact, fried potatoes. Everyone is going to order the steak . . .

That corned beef sandwich sounds AMAZING! (bring a bib . . . )
gutt22, COA777 and IndyHoosier like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.