Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by Milwaukee
Just off of UA972 (ORD-BRU). I came in with exceptionally low expectations based on this thread, but everything was pretty good.

Also a first for me on UA in a long time - asked for prosecco (since if you ask for champagne they sometimes are snippy) and was told they are out of prosecco but stocked one bottle of champagne (alas Gosset). Still I'm not complaining! [...]
Do they really only stock 1 bottle of the good stuff ex-US? Hard to believe that's sufficient.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: United currently plat
Just off of UA972 (ORD-BRU). I came in with exceptionally low expectations based on this thread, but everything was pretty good.

Also a first for me on UA in a long time - asked for prosecco (since if you ask for champagne they sometimes are snippy) and was told they are out of prosecco but stocked one bottle of champagne (alas Gosset). Still I'm not complaining! No real read on service because I express dined. Sorry about the quality and half eaten meal 😬

Ok this took me a minute and checking the menu to figure out what the heck you were served for dinner. Between the very generous portion of salmon in your salad and how it’s the same shape as the pastilla…? I thought it was french toast.

I’ve never heard of not asking for champagne!? Glad you were obliged, and that your meal was to your satisfaction.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also a first for me on UA in a long time - asked for prosecco (since if you ask for champagne they sometimes are snippy) and was told they are out of prosecco but stocked one bottle of champagne (alas Gosset). Still I'm not complaining! No real read on service because I express dined. Sorry about the quality and half eaten meal 😬

I also had this "saladizer" TATL Eastbound ex-IAH to my surprize vs the fruiti-flower (I love cauliflower per se though). A small attempt/move towards a real appetizer was my thinking .....
SPN Lifer and Milwaukee like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by evol
Ok this took me a minute and checking the menu to figure out what the heck you were served for dinner. Between the very generous portion of salmon in your salad and how it’s the same shape as the pastilla…? I thought it was french toast.
That smoked salmon appears to be a free bonus? I double and triple checked the menu and didn't see any mention of it...
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Here's that meal from MUC-DEN with the "fish arrabbiata." Amazing how different the cauliflower salad looks compared with the one out of CDG.

Last edited by cricketer; Jul 10, 2022 at 3:02 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Flying ZRH to ORD today. Thankfully there is a Pret near the gate so I can buy an edible meal to take into Polaris. I saw the crew in line behind me and commented that they must be tired of the horrible meals. One replied “why do you think we’re in line? It gets worse every day. Our crew meals are just as bad.”
rch4u, wrp96, Kmxu and 4 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cricketer
Here's that meal from MUC-DEN with the "fish arrabbiata." Amazing how different the cauliflower salad looks compared with the one out of CDG.

(broken image link)
The image linking appears not to be working for your post. Any chance of trying another way?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by fumje
The image linking appears not to be working for your post. Any chance of trying another way?
It worked fine earlier -- trust me it's not worth saving.....
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
This thread is all about morbid curiosity.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
We are flying NRT-EWR in a few days -- what used to be the crown jewel of UA catering is now less than DSM - ORD. I've stopped ordering any food on UA and my wife is pissed that we are flying UA instead of NH home -- I've already spent enough to be GS for 2023 -- maybe she is right I should start burning miles on NH.....
Old Jul 10, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Here is the snack basket and pre-arrival snack today ZRH to ORD. Passengers looked confused by these snack choices. The menu said Hamburger Wellington but pizza was catered instead. It also listed a raspberry cake but that was not catered. No PDB provided and the purser was visibly angry the entire flight. He scolded the other FA for not arranging the water bottles in straight lines in front of me. The crew stayed in the galley for the entire flight and did not proactively offer anything.

gioannis13 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: United, Southwest
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
Flying ZRH to ORD today. Thankfully there is a Pret near the gate so I can buy an edible meal to take into Polaris. I saw the crew in line behind me and commented that they must be tired of the horrible meals. One replied “why do you think we’re in line? It gets worse every day. Our crew meals are just as bad.”
This is AWESOME news as i am planing to do the same thing on my ZRH - ORD flight in September. Do you remember which gate/concourse? There are (according to the ZRH website) four Prets - one before security, and one each at B, D and E. The ones at D and E open at 5 am and the B one opens "according to flight schedules. I would prefer to buy food AFTER Security for fear something I order might not pass muster (or mustard?) Did you not eat ANY of the Polaris offerings? That the crew was doing the same thing really is sad. Thanks for the info.

Maybe everyone needs to email their sad food photos and ask for compensation??
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
ORD to / from LHR last week. For starters, better food options at the ORD Polaris lounge vs the LHR United Club. The flight staff advised me to wait for the arrivals lounge for breakfast, to put the situation in perspective. I at nothing on the ORD - LHR flight. The lounges and the sleep were the highlights of the trip. In light of the ceaseless flight disruptions the lounges and the food at the lounges were invaluable. The cauliflower and grape option served with the chicken is odd at best. I slept 6 hours on the ORD-LHR flight and slept 4 hours on the LHR-ORD flight and the flight experiences were better suited to sleep. The food options certainly were not aspirational but United isn't known for food. Menus on the ORD-LHR flight; but no menus on the LHR-ORD flight.

Last edited by view-with-a-room; Jul 10, 2022 at 12:57 pm
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by WheelsUpGal
This is AWESOME news as i am planing to do the same thing on my ZRH - ORD flight in September. Do you remember which gate/concourse? There are (according to the ZRH website) four Prets - one before security, and one each at B, D and E. The ones at D and E open at 5 am and the B one opens "according to flight schedules. I would prefer to buy food AFTER Security for fear something I order might not pass muster (or mustard?) Did you not eat ANY of the Polaris offerings? That the crew was doing the same thing really is sad. Thanks for the info.

Maybe everyone needs to email their sad food photos and ask for compensation??
It was an E gate and Pret was very close. I ate the fruit and pizza (which is the size of an English muffin).
WheelsUpGal likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
LOL. I tried re-uploading it in the original post, take another look. But bmwe92fan is correct. It's not very interesting. Just to make things more palatable, here's the appetizer+soup selection on my TK outbound.

cesco.g likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.