Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:36 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
It appears the three-course meal service plus desserts on select FRA/LHR routes will end today.
<snip>
Swearing is against FT rules, so I will only write: Oy vey!!!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
It appears the three-course meal service plus desserts on select FRA/LHR routes will end today.

I saw a memo which includes a lot of FA praise for the program, but it concludes--

"Quote:
I want to thank everyone who participated in the live flights to/from Frankfurt out of IAH, IAD, EWR and ORD and to/from London out of ORD. Your involvement and feedback help guide how we navigate the next steps, ensuring that the decisions that are made provide the best experience for both our customers and our flight attendants"

If anyone is on these routes on 03/01, please report back if the dessert options have disappeared once again.

Well, while they are "navigating the next steps," I will "navigate" away from UA to other airlines that serve true J class meals instead of cafeteria food.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I have no idea why this can’t continue immediately, but the good news is these changes will go systemwide…when remains the operative question.
cesco.g and tcdtcd like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
I have no idea why this can’t continue immediately, but the good news is these changes will go systemwide…when remains the operative question.
Can UA take the memo of thawing those premade sundaes much earlier so that they serve ice cream and not hand grenades? Also, do we know if the cheese plates and other desserts leftover become a part of the mid-flight galley setup like precovid days?
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: MP Gold, AAdvantage
If anyone is on these routes on 03/01, please report back if the dessert options have disappeared once again.
Would this apply to other routes as well or just LHR/FRA?

Also, does anyone have the internal menus for EWR-BRU and BRU-EWR for March? Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Monday would be great...

I don't choose my flights (for work at least) based on the catering, but it's definitely nice when the catering is good!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I have to admit that this layout is a nice common median for the shorter TATL flights. It's personalized enough, yet doesn't cut into your sleep quite as much.

I'd still like to see something closer the pre-pandemic full service on the longer TPAC flights. I just can't picture traveling SFO-SIN for 17 hours with just this.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:35 am

Flying UA for the first time in nearly 5 years later this month.
FRA-DEN J
DEN-LAS F
LAS-ORD J
ORD-YYZ F

What can I expect in terms of meals (international & domestic), PDBs etc?

Thanks
Old Mar 2, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
Flying UA for the first time in nearly 5 years later this month.
FRA-DEN J
DEN-LAS F
LAS-ORD J
ORD-YYZ F

What can I expect in terms of meals (international & domestic), PDBs etc?

Thanks
For all you should get PDB offered, but there are still some absentee crews out there so not guaranteed. They usually bring a tray around with pre-poured drinks, but requests should (or perhaps only maybe will) be accommodated (about 50% success for me).

For meals,

FRA-DEN J similar to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33994051-post149.html
DEN-LAS F drinks only
LAS-ORD J (assume this is really F; no domestic J) hot plated meal, fruit on side ; see 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service for examples
ORD-YYZ F drinks only
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
For all you should get PDB offered, but there are still some absentee crews out there so not guaranteed. They usually bring a tray around with pre-poured drinks, but requests should (or perhaps only maybe will) be accommodated (about 50% success for me).

For meals,

FRA-DEN J similar to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33994051-post149.html
DEN-LAS F drinks only
LAS-ORD J (assume this is really F; no domestic J) hot plated meal, fruit on side ; see 2022 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service for examples
ORD-YYZ F drinks only
Great thanks for the very helpful reply, much appreciated
Old Mar 5, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: Miles&more, SPG, Hyatt
LAX-SYD 3/4/2022

No PDP. Warm nuts with drinks offered after take off, followed by dinner. The beef short rib was extremely tasty though it doesn’t look that great. Bread roll was cold.

Breakfast eggs were terrible. I couldn’t even tell they are eggs if wasn’t told. Sausage was okay.

Excellent crew on the flight. Though I must say the Prosecco tastes horrible.

Below in comparison what Qantas served on the same route in December.

Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club

I saw a memo which includes a lot of FA praise for the program, but it concludes--

Hmm, my interpretation of that quote was. "Thanks for your feedback, it will help us decide if we will roll out what we are doing here to other routes or still need to make changes" Nothing about going backwards. But this is UA so you're probably right, it's probably "Thanks for participating. We have successfully done the bare minimum to satisfy our customers that we are working on improving before they jump to AA/DL. Hopefully we can hold out til the next pandemic scare before having to spend anymore money.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
Hmm, my interpretation of that quote was. "Thanks for your feedback, it will help us decide if we will roll out what we are doing here to other routes or still need to make changes" Nothing about going backwards. But this is UA so you're probably right, it's probably "Thanks for participating. We have successfully done the bare minimum to satisfy our customers that we are working on improving before they jump to AA/DL. Hopefully we can hold out til the next pandemic scare before having to spend anymore money.
The good news is the trial is continuing and I expect it to roll out systemwide in April or May. We'll see...
Old Mar 6, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
The good news is the trial is continuing and I expect it to roll out systemwide in April or May. We'll see...
Oh great, I thought you said it would be ending 3/1
Old Mar 6, 2022, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
Oh great, I thought you said it would be ending 3/1
I thought so too...an earlier memo I saw indicated that, but in the COVID-19 service thread I posted an update that said it would continue. (didn't want to cross-post and risk the grapes of wrath).

Here's a story I wrote with some details. Good news - I think we will see it systemwide soon.

https://liveandletsfly.com/united-polaris-new-normal/ (disclaimer -link to my blog)

My only question is that some have reported a bread basket on these special FRA flights and the memo says bread is still pre-pacakged...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.