Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by worldtrav
A Tim Tam for dessert in their highest cabin!! Business class reimagined.

The chocolate mousse from SYD last month has been phased out for the Tim Tam 🤣.

Flying out of SYD the salmon is the way to go. Above that, though, the SQ lounge has a great hot and cold food spread at the moment including a good dessert selection. I took a dessert item and a sandwich from there with me last time as I couldn’t face any more Tim Tams, and glad I did.

There are also no nuts out of SYD, only pretzels. That and the dessert are apparently something to do with a (strange) temporary health order on open containers.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
SCL-IAH 6 April 830 pm 763 seat 3A

PDB came on trays with choice of water, OJ or champagne. I actually saw the FA pouring from a full-size bottle of Duval Leroy (which led me to believe they would run out of champagne during main cabin service, which is exactly what happened).

No vegetarian option—choice of beef, chicken or fish. I chose the beef. Not bad. SCL catering featured a decent salad, plus a cheese triangle with crackers in addition to a dessert cake.

Slept through prearrival in favor of breakfast in the Polaris Lounge (dining room doesn’t open till 630 am btw).

Last edited by st530; Apr 8, 2022 at 11:47 am
Old Apr 9, 2022, 11:49 am

Friday 4/8, IAH-LIM.

Not impressed. Everything on one tray. I was given choice of beef or fish. I did see someone having pasta, but perhaps me being in 10A, and only Gold, the pasta may have been gone by the time the FA got to me. The FA also wanted to take my drink order at the same time. No problem. I asked for a G&T before dinner and red wine and water with dinner. He said that drinks before dinner were not available, everything served on one tray, but he'd see what he could do. I was brought an already made G&T (it must have been a double and almost too strong for me) without a lime. I just thought this very strange as I was expecting drinks and warm nuts prior to dinner.

The beef's flavor was OK, but it was quite tough. The rest of the meal was unremarkable.

A snack of a Dole fruit cup, a Kind bar, a slice of cheese, and two crackers was served about 90 minutes out.

Old Apr 9, 2022, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
The hummus plate served on TCON before landing is better than what you had. Dole cup and a Kind Bar? Really?
lamphs, BlueSky72 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 1:25 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
10APR BER-EWR. Choice of short ribs with rice, mushroom-stuffed chicken, or cheese-stuffed ravioli
Old Apr 11, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA
EWR-JNB, FA had a sheet with description and small pictures, I gave her props about pictures and she said it took her a while to compile the sheet.

Beef rib, chicken with roasted peppers, or some sort of veg pasta

Bfast was quiche or French toast

Beef was very good, tender and good sauce, not pictured was mango sorbet offered separately

Quiche was pretty decent as well

Asked for an econ meal for Midflight snack, vastly superior to the 95% bread sandwiches they have on offer. Chicken orzo still outstanding.
ual744777sta and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
GVA-EWR

Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:25 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by leoo
GVA-EWR
Is that really a Kit Kat bar for the main dessert???

Where is the face palm emoji?
econ, leoo and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Kit Kat is a nice crispy delight. In a kid’s trick or treat bag.

Ridiculous as a INTL Biz class main meal provision.
worldtrav, leoo and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One

Where is the face palm emoji?
From Sydney you get a Tim Tam. Clearly nobody at United corporate gets embarrassed...
SPN Lifer and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by leoo

Please share your excellent photos with UA and ask for their explanation of a Kit Kat bar...and share with us.
tcdtcd, leoo and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:06 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
Well it is a Swiss Kit-Kat.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
From Sydney you get a Tim Tam. Clearly nobody at United corporate gets embarrassed...
There’s plenty of Tim Tams at SYD airport. There’s also a lot of these. I’ll take the Tim Tams. The nuts loaded for SYD- SFO could be worse…

Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
There’s plenty of Tim Tams at SYD airport. There’s also a lot of these. I’ll take the Tim Tams. The nuts loaded for SYD- SFO could be worse…

If you attached a USB digital key to one of those, you'd really have a dongle.

David
1P, Xyzzy, IAH-OIL-TRASH and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way (Post # 310)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post # 313)
There’s plenty of Tim Tams at SYD airport. There’s also a lot of these. I’ll take the Tim Tams.
For those wondering about pricing, or who missed the chance for a souvenir kangaroo-scrotum purchase before boarding the plane at SYD.

https://www.souvenirsaustralia.com/k...scrotum-balls/

As with the biscuits (cookies) served onboard, there is something to be said for local flavors and keepsakes, whether inexpensively commonplace or conversation-starters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.