Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I can’t believe that your dish and my dish posted above from IAD - BRU are the same thing. They can’t even be consistent in the horror
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Oh, how I miss those delicious Dole™ Fruit Cups!
Old Nov 14, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I do not want to look at it again. Please send this picture to the UA GS team.
Not the first time I sent to GS, but usually came back with perfunctory responses of thank you for the feedbacks.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K>Plat>moving to Silver
"10-11K is the normal price for flights to Paris at the moment."

Oddly enough, I am flying TATL to CDG for work that same day. I planned ahead (admittedly, I have colleagues who do not). I am RT on another airline with better food, and got my ticket in business class for about $2800 and 59K miles. So I continue to question whether corporate contracts, while managing expenditures, do not necessarily save the employer money.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
GVA - EWR, 930am departure. Same menu as posted above. Decided to have the french toast for some reason. It was sickly sweet and for some reason the fresh fruit was in some disgusting apricot compote instead of just being presented plain. For the pre-arrival snack I went with the couscous which actually wasn't bad but would be much improved with a pita on the side (or even some pita chips) and having a yogurt sauce instead of a pesto sauce (DL has a meal like this on their mid-con F flights that is tasty with those alterations).

Fully agree with others, if I was paying out of my own pocket (instead of miles or OPM), I would be furious with these meals, they are truly bottom of the barrel considering the cash cost of these flights -- and in fact I only settled for this flight with miles because our original flight on SN was delayed and we were going to misconnect coming home so re-routed via this flight. At least we had great FAs in both directions and were able to stop by the EWR Polaris lounge before our connection back to RDU but yeah this food was gross
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:25 am

ORD/FRA

Flying to FRA on Tuesday, will post pics and give an update when i land; i am in row 4 so i might stay awake and snack or i might mask up and go to sleep on take off and then eat breakfast on landing. The goal is to sleep.

it does seem like the harder they try to be creative the more disappointed we all are.

simpler could be better; a cajun pasta; a beef steak; fish; and a veggie plate seem
easier… but…… maybe not. I know it takes 6 hours before a flight to prepare the food
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:46 am

I had the Japanese fillet on my last trip back from FRA and it was terrific.
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:46 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I am doing SFO-SIN this week and these pictures make me dread the "elevated dining experience"
Old Nov 15, 2022, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
This might have been the worst food I have EVER had on flight tonight IAD-FRA. This is the Turbot. I was in 4A purchased business as platinum and didn’t get first choice.
I will also show pics of ZRH-IST TK in business after my flight tonight that I had after the connection. Just yeah.

goodeats21 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:30 pm

Had a nice Vodka Tonic to start the night

Had the Turbo fish, it was just fine….

I skipped the dessert snd just had cheese and port; a nice enfing

A comfortable Polaris seat across the Atlantic
gutt22 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UACowboy

A comfortable Polaris seat across the Atlantic
And what appears to be a lot of empty seats....or a long line for the lavatories after dinner
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
EWR-ZRH
UA134

Boeing 767-300 high-J
Meal: dinner, breakfast

Menu

Appetizer

Main - fish, not sure why they thought grapefruit and oranges would go well with this

Dessert - egg custard tart

Breakfast - waffles, it was mushy and clearly not Belgian waffles, another misleading description. I also ordered it because I was curious by the green papaya in the menu, but there was none in this dish.

Fruit was also pathetic - 1 piece of pineapple, 2 pieces of watermelon, a quarter piece of strawberry, and bits of jelly/agar.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by hirohito888 (Post # 1821)
Fruit was also pathetic - 1 piece of pineapple, 2 pieces of watermelon, a quarter piece of strawberry, and bits of jelly/agar.
Certainly not up to the standard of the delicious Dole™ Fruit Cup! 😎
kirkwoodj and mrbiggs223 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like the Eggo waffles I ate as a child...
Old Nov 16, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Platinum Preferred
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Looks like the Eggo waffles I ate as a child...
I thought the same thing--and they are not the same as a Belgian waffle for sure.
MatthewLAX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.