Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis Presidents Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Presidents Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2023, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by adambrau
I am currently between jobs so I have had a lot of time on my hands. I am a Premier Platinum and I eventually got the status match to President's Club. I went between the premier benefits page on the United Website and the Avis site. On the United Website you to 1. "My United" 2. "View my member benefits. scroll down until 3. "View All Benefits then 4. "See full benefits" and 5. click on "Complimentary Avis Elite Status" and then go from there. It was pretty confusing but when I go to the Avis site now it shows I have the status. It is not really smooth or too obvious but it does work!!!

PS I did this on my laptop not the app.
Thanks for your suggestions. This process takes me to the same "AvisStatus.united.com" webpage that gives me an error about mismatched demographics. As far as I can tell, all of my demographics match. Chase reps suggest calling Avis or United. Avis reps are truly clueless about this; UA reps are much more willing to help but don't seem to have a good solution. After 45 minutes trying to explain the situation to a UA agent yesterday, she suggested I send screenshots of my Avis profile and the error message from the UA site to mileageplus.united.com . We'll see if someone there can help.

Entering Year 2 of trying to make this work....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 1:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by asphaltman
The biggest difference for me in not using Avis is that I really like picking any car at Hertz. Yes, Avis you skip the line, but cars are assigned spots. I like the random of what Ill get at Hertz. Also FWIW, I was able to status match to National, which also has the pick any car option. I will keep using Hertz as long as I can find a way to keep PC. Im going to go back through emails and see if I also got that extension.
If there are cars available, you can select something different in the Avis app. I find the PC membership gives me more options for upgraded cars (usually only my usual intermediate to a standard) at no charge, but lately the airports I've been through haven't produced as many nice upgrades as did the first 6 months. Biggest disappointment to date was the crummy car I got in Guam. Apparently one has to call ahead and request the upgrades. I actually prefer sedans to SUV as I need to either drop my laptop bag at the hotel or lock it in a trunk.

However, my trip this week into SAT wasn't the greatest experience. Tried to exchange a car and it failed, then when I tried to exit using the QR code, it failed. Only one employee at the preferred kiosk in the garage and nobody at the exit booths. By the time I got someone, the exchange had actually gone through so I had the wrong car. Ugh.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I dont like how Avis pre-assigns cars, which usually dont match what I reserve. I always rent in the SF Bay Area so generally I need a sedan to avoid break-ins (uncovered trunk areas are a magnet to thieves) but Aviis will often assign a SUV. But my latest rental I needed to carry some furniture but I got assigned a Charger, something I would never want. Hertz PC is so much better for me.

The poster above who said that you can change cars in the Avis app must be lucky as my app always errors out.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:12 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Clemson
Yeah my one experience in GSO was terrible. I was along for the ride on someone else's booking and when we landed there was only 1 person at the desk, so 1 line, and it took like an hour for them to process like 4 parties of people. Would definitely rather fly into RDU and just rent there even if I had to go to Greensboro.
I can top that. Showed up at GSO for confirmed rental yesterday (Feb 20) at 8am, when Avis counter opened. No cars - none, not even pre-assigned to other renters or for the included Budget operation. Agents were apologetic but couldn't do anything (no manager on duty), so I rented from Hertz at 2x the price. Keeping this relevant to a UA thread, all I would say is, it's better to consider the locations you'll be renting from and their car availability when selecting a rental car company, not their partnership with your preferred airline.
SPN Lifer and zombietooth like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by asphaltman
The biggest difference for me in not using Avis is that I really like picking any car at Hertz. Yes, Avis you skip the line, but cars are assigned spots. I like the random of what I’ll get at Hertz. Also FWIW, I was able to status match to National, which also has the pick any car option. I will keep using Hertz as long as I can find a way to keep PC. I’m going to go back through emails and see if I also got that extension.
That is my favorite perk as well. In addition, Hertz always has plenty cars to pick from. At Avis, sometimes you have absolutely no choice-you get what they've assigned. In addition, when using the AMEX Plat discount, I will get the cheapest price from Hertz 95% of the time.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
So just booked an Avis rental for next month. Being a UK resident, I have to use Avis.co.uk for the relevant insurance. Avis doesnt list UA as a mileage partner at all (some 30 airlines are offered, including Continental, but not UA). So chose Avios but still benefit from the UA status. Bizarre.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
I dont like how Avis pre-assigns cars, which usually dont match what I reserve. I always rent in the SF Bay Area so generally I need a sedan to avoid break-ins (uncovered trunk areas are a magnet to thieves) but Aviis will often assign a SUV. But my latest rental I needed to carry some furniture but I got assigned a Charger, something I would never want. Hertz PC is so much better for me.

The poster above who said that you can change cars in the Avis app must be lucky as my app always errors out.
I agree that the major drawback of Avis can be challenges around availability. I think this has been most stark (at a big airport) at LAX so far. Hertz was never an issue - plenty of cars in President's Circle, so I could always find something that I was amenable to. Last time I did Avis, the pre-selected car for me was not available by the time I got off the plane, so I had to see the agent. It didn't turn out badly (I got a Camaro) but I would have been much less pleased if I had been stuck in line for any material amount of time.
Old May 22, 2023, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by CJ99
Thanks for your suggestions. This process takes me to the same "AvisStatus.united.com" webpage that gives me an error about mismatched demographics. As far as I can tell, all of my demographics match. Chase reps suggest calling Avis or United. Avis reps are truly clueless about this; UA reps are much more willing to help but don't seem to have a good solution. After 45 minutes trying to explain the situation to a UA agent yesterday, she suggested I send screenshots of my Avis profile and the error message from the UA site to mileageplus.united.com . We'll see if someone there can help.

Entering Year 2 of trying to make this work....
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I've been trying to get it to work since I hit Plat in July.

The avisstatus.mileageplus.com site tells me "Our records indicate that you are already enjoying this status with Avis. Please visit the Avis website to verify your status."

The Avis website shows nothing but the basic "Preferred" membership.

Avis Customer Service tells me "Your profile doesn't show a pending/prior status match" and to talk to UA.

UA Premier Desk can't tell me anything about the program whatsoever for either agent I've talked to about this.

I'm about at my wit's end with this benefit :/
Old May 22, 2023, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by Wooglin
Did you ever get a resolution to this? I've been trying to get it to work since I hit Plat in July.

The avisstatus.mileageplus.com site tells me "Our records indicate that you are already enjoying this status with Avis. Please visit the Avis website to verify your status."

The Avis website shows nothing but the basic "Preferred" membership.

Avis Customer Service tells me "Your profile doesn't show a pending/prior status match" and to talk to UA.

UA Premier Desk can't tell me anything about the program whatsoever for either agent I've talked to about this.

I'm about at my wit's end with this benefit :/
Yes, about six weeks after emailing UA I received an email from Avis informing me that I've been upgraded to President's Club. UA never followed up with me but must have forced the match through behind the scenes. Lesson learned: emailing eventually gets resolution, while the phone agents remain clueless. I would definitely email the Platinum desk if I were you, and include screenshots of the error message and of your Avis Preferred account. Good luck!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Can someone how I register for the Avis PC? Do u call or do it on their website?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by elmira56925
Can someone how I register for the Avis PC? Do u call or do it on their website?
There's a link on UA website under MP program tab
elmira56925 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:08 am

Has some been succesful in getting 2,250 Miles per rental? There is a promo until 3/31.
I'm maxing out on 1,250 as a 1K. They post in 2 different transactions. 500 and 750 miles.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:26 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I just recently realize the partnership provides additional miles when renting as UA elite. My recent rental posted as 500 miles. Who do I hit up (UA or Avis/Budget) for the additional bonus?

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
I just recently realize the partnership provides additional miles when renting as UA elite. My recent rental posted as 500 miles. Who do I hit up (UA or Avis/Budget) for the additional bonus?

Thanks.
The additional miles show up separately after a delay. I think it usually takes a week or two for me.
seawolf likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.