Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus® members with Premier® Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis President’s Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for President’s Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
LOL - it tells me my mileage plus status (1K, 2MM) does not qualify for any status match :-D This is after logging in, to be clear.
Originally Posted by jimdarcy
I am 1k and was denied…should I call Mileage Plus line?
There is definitely a bug - I was denied also despite clearly qualifying.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
I am 1k and was denied…should I call Mileage Plus line?
I was denied, too. 😂😂

I guess that United needs to fix this problem.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Worked for me:
Congratulations. Your request for Avis President’s Club has been approved. If you are located in the US and Canada, please allow up to 6 weeks for your Avis President’s Club card to be sent to you. Your status is now active in your Avis profile on the Avis web site. No further action is needed on your part.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Just tried and got:
"Our records indicate that you do not qualify for status with Avis. To see who is eligible please visit Avis Status Match terms."

Following the link, it states that I should be eligible as a PC member given 1K status. For now I'll just keep renting with Hertz, I guess...

I wonder whether this requires having qualified for 2022 status?

Last edited by GBadger; Nov 30, 2021 at 11:13 pm
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Has anyone been approved for the 'status match' to AVIS President’s Club who is Platinum, 1K or GS but doesn't have an eligible credit card?
Could it be that United card holder's database has propagated, but 1K cross-reference doesn't quite work yet?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by narvik
Has anyone been approved for the 'status match' to AVIS President’s Club who is Platinum, 1K or GS but doesn't have an eligible credit card?
Could it be that United card holder's database has propagated, but 1K cross-reference doesn't quite work yet?
This is me - GS with no eligible credit card. Just went through the process via https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com and it worked for me. After getting the confirmation via that website I checked my Avis account profile and it shows PC status.
narvik likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton HHonors Silver, Hertz Gold Status.
It's interesting: For all the years of business travel pre-COVID, none were with AVIS but back in the 1990s my Dad always rented with them and was a member of the President's Club while being elite on CO. Reason why I never rented with them was they were way too expensive compared to National/Alamo, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, even Hertz.

One thing you get as a DL Plat. is comped access to Hertz's status which means your name being digitally printed on the board for your space when you rent a car. Honestly, I could care less as I've had better experiences with National/Alamo where you get to pick your car out of a lot upon arrival. And this would've been through Hotwire.

Hertz ticked me off because an agent nearly refused me to even rent a car in IAH with a temporary drivers license. Also their operation at LAX is a total zoo.

For whatever reason AVIS just always seems way too expensive compared to the competition. I know people say Hertz is like that, but every time I do a search AVIS is worse. As a kid, I always thought AVIS sucked because their cars were boring - always GM models, no diversity. These days I really don't care what I get. As a matter of fact, I think I've lucked out over the last 5-6 years getting some pretty sweet rides and not base models.

Last edited by Saab_Redondo_1987; Dec 1, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:46 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I have no idea what's going on...I received a "not eligible" message, but then tried my husband's account (Platinum via my MM status) and his says "Congratulations. You're eligible to receive all the benefits of Avis President's Club." That's...frustrating.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Hello NAME
MileagePlus® number: xxxxXXXX
Our records indicate that you do not qualify for status with Avis. To see who is eligible please visit Avis Status Match terms.

Not successful for me either....
auandagbug likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Has anyone called Mileage Plus to get status?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Global Entry, CLEAR
My submission went thru instantly and reflected in my Avis acct. I qualify both based on Chase Club card and UA Platinum status. The approval indicated it was based on Platinum status. I actually was hoping for approval on the club CC card, because even though I will step up to 1K in next 10 days, if the qualifications step up significantly next year, I will likely pull back to Gold status, which seems the sweet spot for ROI now days, for me at least.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Has anyone called Mileage Plus to get status?
Mileage Plus said to call Avis. After a number of referrals at Avis, I was told to email them at [email protected]. They sent back an email to call the number that told me to email. Infinite Loop.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by wxguy
Mileage Plus said to call Avis. After a number of referrals at Avis, I was told to email them at [email protected]. They sent back an email to call the number that told me to email. Infinite Loop.
gotcha, will give that a try
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MikieLikesMiles
My submission went thru instantly and reflected in my Avis acct. I qualify both based on Chase Club card and UA Platinum status. The approval indicated it was based on Platinum status. I actually was hoping for approval on the club CC card, because even though I will step up to 1K in next 10 days, if the qualifications step up significantly next year, I will likely pull back to Gold status, which seems the sweet spot for ROI now days, for me at least.
I just saw this deal while looking at my Premier progress - Going to hit Platinum for the first time ever this year based on currently booked flights thanks to a big spend on Christmas Flights for two of us (ugh).

So anyway, I qualified with the UA Club Card (now infinite). Wish I had seen this before my last rental which was not a fun experience at SNA which had a PC desk.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 8:03 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
I received the Not Eligible message:

"Our records indicate that you do not qualify for status with Avis. To see who is eligible please visit Avis Status Match terms."

Note I was logged in and am Global Services. Will stick with Hertz for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.