Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus® members with Premier® Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis President’s Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for President’s Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2021, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by SergeL
Did she had Avis app? They allow to cycle through available vehicles.
Oh, dang, no, but that's a good idea for the future; thanks!

Originally Posted by SergeL
But, probably you right, Elantra probably was the only option there.
Yeah, I can't recall ever seeing a particularly great selection there.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
The Avis website is completely dysfunctional. I have had a (little used) Avis Preferred number and profile for years. When I enter the details on the UA/Avis website, it first says that the match is approved but then says it's not because the email addresses don't match. But my UA and my Avis email addresses are identical. Then I try to change details logged in to the Avis Preferred account and it won't accept any changes, won't let me add an address or change my phone number, or anything.

Completely useless.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I gave up. Tried so many times and could
not work.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:16 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I gave up. Tried so many times and could
not work.
me too. I figure they’ll work it out in a few months
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:54 pm

Programs: OnePass
Once Avis updated their end of the process to state that my last name didn't match, I sent an email to Avis asking to change my last name to match what United was sending them. It took a day or so but I received an email back from Avis saying the change was processed. I was then finally able to complete the status match through the website. This just seems like a back end programming issue that will most likely never get fixed.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
FWIW, I tried the President's Club status match site again after numerous previous failed attempts and was finally accepted!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, National Executive Elite
I got my first President's Club "upgrade" on a recent trip to DFW. Not bigger, but certainly nicer than a run of the mill intermediate.

Brand new in service 2022 Genesis 3.3T RWD with 22 miles on it. Quite the little rocketship in Sport+ with the nanny stuff disabled.

Still had plastic stuck everywhere including the touch screen. Pic makes it look white. It was a light Grey.

Wondering if they'll have anything special for me when I fly into Kauai next Sunday.

Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:23 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by 2ptraveler
I got my first President's Club "upgrade" on a recent trip to DFW. Not bigger, but certainly nicer than a run of the mill intermediate.

Brand new in service 2022 Genesis 3.3T RWD with 22 miles on it. Quite the little rocketship in Sport+ with the nanny stuff disabled.
Nice!

So your original class was an intermediate? (Exact one was...?)
Old Jan 17, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Match online was done instantly. I've been PC with Hertz for many years and they treat me decent. Rates with Avis are usually higher for the places I rent, compared with Autoslash.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:00 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by chanp
Match online was done instantly. I've been PC with Hertz for many years and they treat me decent. Rates with Avis are usually higher for the places I rent, compared with Autoslash.
Yes, rates with Avis always higher than all the other companies - the closest I have rented with an Avis company is Budget...otherwise Hertz as you said...
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Nice!

So your original class was an intermediate? (Exact one was...?)
I always rent mid size (intermediate), allowed per corp travel. I don't recall even seeing another car in the app when I first opened it.

My last rentals have been mostly change cars, a few markets didn't have any choices when I arrived. This is the first real upgrade since getting into the club.

Last few: Kia Sportage (Des Moines), VW Atlas (Redmond, WA), <--(Pres club here)- 4-Runner, Camry, Camry, (SNA).
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: UA GS
I have been cursed with a suffix (II). I have tried for several weeks to get my "name mismatch" resolved with Avis without success. Wondering if anyone else has a similar issue? Don't know if I should continue to work through Avis or through United?

Last edited by LAXOGG; Jan 17, 2022 at 4:08 pm Reason: Sp
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
I have been cursed with a suffix (II). I have tried for several weeks to get my "name mismatch" resolved with Avis without success. Wodering if anyone else has a similar issue? Don't know if I should continue to work through Avis or through United?
I had a mismatch in my last name between United and Avis.
Not sure if you've already tried, but send an email to [email protected] and include in the subject line your Avis wizard number and Name change request.
Explain why you want the change and just make sure that the requested name matches what United is sending over to Avis. I used Inspect in my browser to see what the user name fields contained in the request form that was being submitted and matched that.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by DagoRed
I had a mismatch in my last name between United and Avis.
Not sure if you've already tried, but send an email to [email protected] and include in the subject line your Avis wizard number and Name change request.
Explain why you want the change and just make sure that the requested name matches what United is sending over to Avis. I used Inspect in my browser to see what the user name fields contained in the request form that was being submitted and matched that.
That is the email address I have used to communicate my problems. Finally, my issue was elevated to a senior loyalty rep at Avis today. The rep granted PC status after I took a screenshot of my virtual membership card and emailed to them.
DagoRed likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, rates with Avis always higher than all the other companies - the closest I have rented with an Avis company is Budget...otherwise Hertz as you said...
Avis/Budget is our corporate travel preferred rental so we get nearly the same rates across all brands. Hertz will status match but UA dropped Hertz and went to Avis, hence this offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.