Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dav3d
From narvik (post 40):

To enroll: https://avisstatus.mileageplus.com/

(You will need: Mileage Plus Number, Avis Wizard Number)

United Avis Discount Portal: cars.united.com/avisbudget

Avis President's Club Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus® members with Premier® Platinum and higher status, as well as primary Cardmembers of the United ClubSM Infinite Card, UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Card, United ClubSM Business Card, and UnitedSM Presidential PlusSM Business Card qualify to enroll for Avis President’s Club status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for President’s Club status is required, and the status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status with MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program, are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Start your journey with a double upgrade - whenever it's available.
  • Guaranteed car every time.
  • Dedicated President's Club number for reservations and customer support.
  • Accelerate your rewards by opting into Avis Preferred Points. Receive 50% more points for every dollar you spend.
Avis Preferred Plus Status
Qualification: United MileagePlus members with Premier Silver or Premier Gold status qualify to enroll for Avis Preferred Plus status in countries where the Avis elite status is available. Enrollment for Avis Preferred Plus status is required, and such status will be in effect up to 7 business days after enrollment and acceptance. MileagePlus members who hold trial Premier status in MileagePlus, including without limitation because of a MileagePlus Premier status match challenge program are not eligible for status with Avis through this offer.

Benefits:
  • Receive complimentary upgrades (whenever available)
  • Earn 25%-50% more points for every qualifying dollar you spend
  • Use a special Avis Preferred Plus number for reservations and customer service support
Print Wikipost

United and Avis ink new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
does National do status matches?
I matched from Hertz PC to National Exec Elite several years ago. It was relatively painless.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:39 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Avis has a great corporate leisure program. Once you travel for work, you get your work discount applied to personal rentals. In this day of outrageous rental rates, that has saved me many hundreds.

But if National were comparably priced, I would 100% go with the Emerald Aisle.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by fumje
I matched from Hertz PC to National Exec Elite several years ago. It was relatively painless.
thank you
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Just got an email from Hertz my President's Circle has been extended - it definitely wasn't from rental history.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: UA GS, MR TE, HH Diamond, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Just got an email from Hertz my President's Circle has been extended - it definitely wasn't from rental history.
Same here, but it shows an extension till 1/31/2023, which is how long I thought we had anyway?! Didn't United says that the Hertz match would be valid for the 2022 year when they announced they were switching from Hertz to Avis?
telemark27 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 11:51 am

I have waited for more than 8 weeks but I have not received any miles from my recent Avis rentals, my MP# is on file.
I have called MP and they said I should contact Avis, and Avis representative opened a ticket but nothing has happened.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pigzilla
Same here, but it shows an extension till 1/31/2023, which is how long I thought we had anyway?! Didn't United says that the Hertz match would be valid for the 2022 year when they announced they were switching from Hertz to Avis?
Yes, that's what I thought too! I was excited when I saw the email, then I realized it's just an "extension" to what they already promised.

I hope they extend us again for next year. I'd take Hertz PC over Avis anytime.
pigzilla likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
That is the email address I have used to communicate my problems. Finally, my issue was elevated to a senior loyalty rep at Avis today. The rep granted PC status after I took a screenshot of my virtual membership card and emailed to them.
I'm having the same problem. A United rep suggested that the problem lies in their system, which apparently doesn't recognize spaces in names. (This jibes with how my boarding passes appear.) So I emailed Avis and asked them to eliminate the space between Lastname and Suffix, which they did, but I still get the same error message about a name mismatch when I try the status transfer website. I guess I'll have to throw myself on the mercy of an Avis rep.

CJ
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:55 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CJ99
I'm having the same problem. A United rep suggested that the problem lies in their system, which apparently doesn't recognize spaces in names. (This jibes with how my boarding passes appear.) So I emailed Avis and asked them to eliminate the space between Lastname and Suffix, which they did, but I still get the same error message about a name mismatch when I try the status transfer website. I guess I'll have to throw myself on the mercy of an Avis rep.

CJ
I had no trouble with a middle name and a suffix

Does all the other information -- address, zip code, DOB, .. match?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I had no trouble with a middle name and a suffix

Does all the other information -- address, zip code, DOB, .. match?
Yes, the rest is all the same. Maybe it's a middle initial issue....
Old Jun 26, 2022, 9:21 am

I'm a fairly new Club member and noticed that it's supposed to give me access to Avis President's Club. How does that connection happen...how does Avis know about my Club membership?

OK...never mind. I do see it's been connected. For some reason it stated Preferred at the top and not Presidents, but as I dig down into my account I do see President's.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 26, 2022 at 9:45 am Reason: merged consecutive / update posts by same member
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Had to change a rental car booking in December for a weeklong trip out in California. Avis was charging $400 more than Hertz for the week (midsize SUV). I've had my problems with Hertz in the past, but I will miss having two top-tier statuses for this year - has made it very easy to pick the better-priced option and not have to worry about standing in a very long line to get the car (which is my main pet peeve when it comes to rentals).
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:10 pm

I was told I am not eligible to receive UA miles for my rentals, because I am renting cars using corporate rate!
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
United used Avis not good

United and Avis

Booked via UA a car at FLL what a disaster. Miss Hertz. Terrible customer service. Don’t take debit cards when renting. Give you a car not even close to what you rented. Can’t select a car from the lot can’t even go by yourself to get car have you wait till they bring it. Lots of angry customers. Took over a hour to get car..
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
United and Avis

Booked via UA a car at FLL what a disaster. Miss Hertz. Terrible customer service. Don’t take debit cards when renting. Give you a car not even close to what you rented. Can’t select a car from the lot can’t even go by yourself to get car have you wait till they bring it. Lots of angry customers. Took over a hour to get car..
Well, I stayed with Hertz after the divorce and am very happy that I did so. I love never having to stand in line and being able to select any car I want from the PC or Gold areas.
In addition, I find that Hertz is very competitive on price, but I always use https://www.autoslash.com to find the cheapest rates and track prices. Without them finding the sweet spots, I probably wouldn't be getting so many cheap Hertz rentals.

Last edited by zombietooth; Jul 23, 2022 at 1:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.