Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2021, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
No more snack boxes or snacks of any kind whatsoever in F meant today’s DEN-SJC FA had to go “to the back” to get pretzels when I didn’t want one the garbage blue/green label bags.

UA entertainment for the day was a comical double gate and double concourse change... first from B35 to A35, where we boarded and then deplaned for a mechanical, only to have to head for the train again and go back to B26. The good news is that while UA tried to get their act together, we had time to stop for lunch at Elway’s.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17

Why is it so hard to let ice cream stay in the freezer until closer to serving time?
It's "another way we're keeping you safe."

Given what we now know about surface transmission (or lack thereof), I really wish they would convert some of that "Clean Plus" theatrical spending into improved meal service.
rch4u and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 9:33 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bballdad175
The title of this thread is United First, United Business, ...
I'm not exactly following why Delta and American are direct competitors ....
This is not the International Polaris Business thread, so yes DL / AA / ... are the primary competitors
Originally Posted by warreng24
This thread is for premium cabin flights marketed as United First, United Business, and Premium transcontinental services. This includes:
  • North America (including all 50 US States, Canada, and Mexico)
  • Caribbean and Latin America (excluding Brazil, Argentina, and Chile)
  • Intra-Pacific/Oceania/Micronesia (such as HNL-GUM and GUM-MNL)
  • Select European Routes (such as to/from KEF)
UA markets the premium cabin for North American / short-haul international as International Business.
Long haul international premium cabin is Polaris Business and the thread for that is 2021 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 17, 2021 at 9:40 pm
Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by morria26

EWR-SFO
9/16/2021
2:40 PM
"Lunch"
Choice of Chicken or Pasta

To summarize... this meal was a small step up from the disgusting Everything Bagel Baguette that I had on my morning flight. Pasta wasn't cooked right. I ate the soft ice cream right away so it wouldn't melt anymore. I'm pretty easy to impress when it comes to airline food, but it was an overall pretty bad experience.
And of all the different types of raviolis that I’ve had on this route in the past year or so, that one was the one I liked the most! Can’t remember what it’s called though. There were some other ones that were downright horrid.

Really well past time for UA to bring back an appetizer and proper bread on this route. That packaging looks hideous.

Why is it so hard to let ice cream stay in the freezer until closer to serving time?
On the JFK flights, I’ve noticed that they serve them separately. Haven’t noticed this elsewhere.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by econ
On the JFK flights, I’ve noticed that they serve them separately. Haven’t noticed this elsewhere.
Not in my experience. The "desert" has always been served on single tray based on flights I have flown (ex-JFK, ex-EWR, ex-LAX, ex-SFO).

This illustrates the inconsistency with UA's inflight service. On a recent JFK-SFO, FAs had served nuts separately from the rest.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And of all the different types of raviolis that I’ve had on this route in the past year or so, that one was the one I liked the most! Can’t remember what it’s called though. There were some other ones that were downright horrid.

Really well past time for UA to bring back an appetizer and proper bread on this route. That packaging looks hideous.

Not in my experience. The "desert" has always been served on single tray based on flights I have flown (ex-JFK, ex-EWR, ex-LAX, ex-SFO).

This illustrates the inconsistency with UA's inflight service. On a recent JFK-SFO, FAs had served nuts separately from the rest.
I've had one or two times ex-EWR with ice cream served separately at the end, but I think much more common is doing it on the tray with the mains.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Flying tomorrow between LAX and EWR. Will report back.

Also easily impressed, but I have had multiple bad experience one after another...no longer a fluke any more.

First of all - there are no freezers onboard the plane - it's on ice packs or dry ice.

That would be the burrata ravioli.

And yes, the ice cream service is very much crew-dependent, and I've had them on the tray with meal, and served separately after they delivered all the food. The FAs who serve the ice cream separately also tends to do more refills, or even walk the aisle with wine bottles.
SPN Lifer and econ like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Unitedloyalflyer
They are supposed to as of tomorrow on Hawaii routes
Can confirm that last nights redeye HNL-LAX was indeed serving everything like the good ol days. Meals came with a warm pretzel roll, salad, nuts and Sorbet served in the sundae bowl.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
Can confirm that last nights redeye HNL-LAX was indeed serving everything like the good ol days. Meals came with a warm pretzel roll, salad, nuts and Sorbet served in the sundae bowl.

Glad to hear that

Never thought we'd see the day where even short haul Hawaii routes have multi course meals and not int'l Polaris routes
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Would 0830 DCA-IAH have choice of two breakfast sandwiches or snack boxes? Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
CLE-MCO, 737-900
September 18
8:15 AM departure
Seat 3A
Flight marketed as "snack".
Choice of Everything Bagel with cream cheese or Ham & Egg croissant. Based on my prior horror show experience of the lunchtime everything baguette w/cream cheese sandwich, I selected the ham & egg croissant. As another poster upthread mentioned it's basically the same thing as Starbucks Roasted Ham & Swiss sandwich.
Serving up 2 minis with a full can of mixer is a pandemic service change I like.
However, no limes.

Last edited by paule123; Sep 18, 2021 at 10:14 pm
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Has anyone flown premium transcontinental since 9/15? Was there a second meal?
Was offered a choice of a cheese/fruit bowl or hummus/fruit around 2 hours or so prior to landing.

Another positive development: desert (sorbet) was served separately after the meal tray, in a faux glass bowl, and one-time use plastic utensils.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by paule123
CLE-MCO, 737-900
September 18
8:15 AM departure
Seat 3A
Flight marketed as "snack".
Choice of Everything Bagel with cream cheese or Ham & Egg croissant. Based on my prior horror show experience of the lunchtime everything baguette w/cream cheese, I selected the ham & egg croissant. As another poster upthread mentioned it's basically the same thing as Starbucks Roasted Ham & Swiss croissant.
No limes.

So how was it?

David
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by DELee
So how was it?

David
No complaints other than the realization that I paid $129 for the TOD for a $5 croissant I buy at Starbucks on the way to work every morning.
MatthewLAX and artvandalay like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by paule123
No complaints other than the realization that I paid $129 for the TOD for a $5 croissant I buy at Starbucks on the way to work every morning.
Well you did get the seat up front and a warm meal on your way to MCO.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.