Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Here is the new dessert from #517 JFK-LAX
SPN Lifer and ual744777sta like this.

Last edited by IAHMCI; Sep 19, 2021 at 6:58 am
Old Sep 20, 2021, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
9/18 hnl-sfo

As is usual, the catering from the islands is definitely the best I’ve experienced in the United system. Choice between a vegetarian fried rice or a teriyaki chicken, chose the teriyaki chicken and it was quite good. Also had the pineapple? sorbet served in the glass bowl for dessert which is a welcome change. Would have still preferred the traditional vanilla ice cream sundae but this is a step in the right direction.
SPN Lifer and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Sep 20, 2021, 3:59 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Good Afternoon All,

The topic of this thread is UA's catering in Business & Premium Transcon flights. Please focus your discussion in this thread as such.

As always, OMNI PR (and other fora) exist for those wishing to engage in a more existential/philosophical conversation beyond the bounds of the UA forum.

Safe Travels,

J.Edward
UA forum co-moderators
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-HNL 19 Sept 10:15 am 772 (Polaris) seat 5A

Sent by a friend taking a 4-month travel nursing gig in Saipan (route was a steal for $1,600 one-way in F with IAH-HNL on a Polarisized 772 and HNL-GUM on a 773).

Friend said the short rib was "not amazing but not terrible."

SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 2:46 pm

Had the new sorbet option on LAX-JFK a couple days ago — the thing must have been cryogenically frozen.

Let it sit for 15 minutes and then chiseled 1/5th of it off with my knife before I gave up.

Serving ice cream at an optimal temperature is an art that United has not mastered.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Hammerklavier
Had the new sorbet option on LAX-JFK a couple days ago — the thing must have been cryogenically frozen.

Let it sit for 15 minutes and then chiseled 1/5th of it off with my knife before I gave up.

Serving ice cream at an optimal temperature is an art that United has not mastered.
Once the mango sorbet shifts to vanilla ice cream (please UA…) pour hot coffee over it. It helps!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Once the mango sorbet shifts to vanilla ice cream (please UA…) pour hot coffee over it. It helps!
Affogato time!

David
elitefreak and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Affogato time!

David
More like affogato thaw the sorbet!

(said the FA, perhaps)
Old Sep 23, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
… and / or a splash of baileys or Kahlua …
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by fumje
More like affogato thaw the sorbet!

(said the FA, perhaps)
Oh lord!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 12:29 pm

Just flew UA517 JFK-LAX. Great staff at the check-in counters, Alaska Lounge, and on board. Food was tasty.

Chicken and polenta. Other choice was pasta. Sorbet was at the right consistency and was not solid. Everything was tasty. Pretzel roll was a nice touch.

Hummus and tabbouleh served about 90 minutes before arrival. Delicious. Other option was a cheese plate.

For anyone's curiosity, bruschetta and a creamy chicken and rice soup was served at the Alaska Lounge at JFK. The Alaska lounge had the other usual items minus the pancake machine.
SPN Lifer and thejaredhuang like this.
Old Sep 23, 2021, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Just flew UA517 JFK-LAX. Great staff at the check-in counters, Alaska Lounge, and on board. Food was tasty.

Chicken and polenta. Other choice was pasta. Sorbet was at the right consistency and was not solid. Everything was tasty. Pretzel roll was a nice touch.

Hummus and tabbouleh served about 90 minutes before arrival. Delicious. Other option was a cheese plate.

For anyone's curiosity, bruschetta and a creamy chicken and rice soup was served at the Alaska Lounge at JFK. The Alaska lounge had the other usual items minus the pancake machine.
Great to see the new pre-arrival meals, and even better to hear that it was good!
Old Sep 23, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
Red eye PDX to EWR in first dinner?

I am flying PDX to EWR red-eye soon. Food is listed as dinner in first. Does anyone have any idea what will be served as i have not been on united in ages.

Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I wouldn't it a meal, but more of a snack, especially the cheese option.
Since the main meal was probably served at least an hour after departure, the snack about three hours later is definitely sufficient.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 23, 2021 at 7:10 pm Reason: split
Old Sep 23, 2021, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
HNL-GUM 19 Sept 220 pm 773 seat 5A

Sent by the same friend mentioned above. Said it was meh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.