Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by 747Clipper
DEN-KOA
UA1758 / B763
9/27

Meal #1: Thai chicken with noodles, nuts, salad, bread, mango sorbet.

Meal #2: hamburger w fruit, potatoes, and pie in the sky.

Both meals were quite tasty.

This is the best looking meal I’ve seen in this thread all year! Mahalo! 😎
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by 747Clipper
DEN-KOA
UA1758 / B763
9/27

Meal #1: Thai chicken with noodles, nuts, salad, bread, mango sorbet.

Meal #2: hamburger w fruit, potatoes, and pie in the sky.

Both meals were quite tasty.

Looks like plastic silverware made an appearance 😵‍💫.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:27 am

United First IAH-DEN UA1673

On October 26th, I was served a hot meal in first class with the option of chicken or pasta. The chicken came with rice and a side salad. This was on a 757-300 departing at 8:15pm. First hot meal in over a year on united for me. A few day later I took UA1596 from DEN-ATL in first class on an a319 and was given the option of the snack box or a sandwich. Also a late flight at 5:15pm.
onthesam likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:07 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by nstockmal
On October 26th, I was served a hot meal in first class with the option of chicken or pasta. The chicken came with rice and a side salad. This was on a 757-300 departing at 8:15pm. First hot meal in over a year on united for me. A few day later I took UA1596 from DEN-ATL in first class on an a319 and was given the option of the snack box or a sandwich. Also a late flight at 5:15pm.
Welcome to FT! Did you mean September?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Can't even spring for real utensils. Same thing on transcon routes for pre-arrival snack.

Just booked a last minute out-of-blue itinerary for this week with two separate carriers both not starting with the letter U. Expecting and looking forward to better inflight meals and overall experience.
bocastephen likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:33 pm

I had the same meal on LAX to EWR flight (Thai noodle w/ chicken).
physioprof likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by hoangtri1
I had the same meal on LAX to EWR flight (Thai noodle w/ chicken).
Any good?

David
Old Sep 28, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
I have a peanut allergy

Is the Thai noodle made with peanut sauce?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by DELee
Any good?

David
The one I had two weeks ago was really really dry. Between recent choices of ravioli, Thai noodle w/chicken, and chicken, mashed potatoes, and a large piece of broccoli (lol) on this route, I would take the latter (the chicken paired with the mash and the broccoli) over the other two. From my POV, the ravioli was just yuck, which is such a surprise, as I have had really good experience of the ravioli (albeit different variations) in late 4Q 2020 and early 1Q 2021 time frame.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bourbonbum
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Can't even spring for real utensils. Same thing on transcon routes for pre-arrival snack.

Just booked a last minute out-of-blue itinerary for this week with two separate carriers both not starting with the letter U. Expecting and looking forward to better inflight meals and overall experience.
The lack of utensils is an ongoing problem at DEN.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 4:58 pm

Programs: united
Food tastes the same with plastic utensils. Indeed, even rich people eat food with plastic utensils- they picnic, for instance.

This strikes me to be where a traveler should WANT the cost-cutting to take place, because the airline can do it without changing the taste of the food or drink or serving less of it.
BlueZebra and hoangtri1 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilanesp
Food tastes the same with plastic utensils. Indeed, even rich people eat food with plastic utensils- they picnic, for instance.

This strikes me to be where a traveler should WANT the cost-cutting to take place, because the airline can do it without changing the taste of the food or drink or serving less of it.
Newsflash: UA has punted on its inflight services for years and years now.

Go browse over to AA and DL subforums on FT, and see how they are handling inflight services these days - it's literally night and day. On premium routes, AA provides its premium pax with a menu (even for breakfast) - is it necessary? probably no, but even something small enhances the experience, and doesn't leave a sour taste in mouth, literally and figuratively.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 28, 2021 at 7:08 pm Reason: discuss the issue, not the poster(s)
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thai Chicken, Butternut Squash Ravioli, but anything else?

I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes. Are they serving any other entrees?

I was offered soba noodle salad or cheeseburger as a second meal on some DEN-KOA flights, but nothing but those 2 other choices throughout the U.S. system.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes. Are they serving any other entrees?

I was offered soba noodle salad or cheeseburger as a second meal on some DEN-KOA flights, but nothing but those 2 other choices throughout the U.S. system.
Nice, it isn't.

David
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I've bounced around the UA system in the US about a dozen times in the last 5 weeks and all they've offered is thai chicken or butternut squash ravioli on every single lunch/dinner flight, including PS routes. Are they serving any other entrees?....
My recent flights were chicken and orzo or vegetarian enchiladas -- both pretty decent but a little UC cholula helped the enchiladas
Others have reported ravioli

But there are a limited number of options that are not changing frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.