Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Reconsidering Chase MP Cards due to 2020 FF Changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reconsidering Chase MP Cards due to 2020 FF Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Clemson
0, just make a self directed brokerage account and call your own shots. The downside with the BoA card is the 3% (5.25 with the maximum 75% bonus from platinum honors and higher) is limited to 2500 spend a quarter.
50K for the business card, see here:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-cards/
Old Dec 9, 2021, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CApreppie
I'm trying to get to 1MM status and then I want to burn miles. Airlines miles are a depreciating asset for sure.
With a floor of 1c/mile
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:45 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Originally Posted by zombietooth

I'm now putting all of my travel spend on a 5.25% cash back card and all of my business non-travel spend on a 2.62% cash back card.
Which cards are those?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 9:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exp
Which cards are those?
BofA has a 2.625% cash back on its Cash Rewards and Premier cards. You need $100k in assets at BofA and/or Merrill Lynch to qualify (Platinum Honors Preferred)

This is now my general spend card. CSR for travel/dining with limited use of other cards. I will always keep my UA MP Select card for the very occasional benefits.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 12:48 pm
exp
Suspended

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
BofA has a 2.625% cash back on its Cash Rewards and Premier cards. You need $100k in assets at BofA and/or Merrill Lynch to qualify (Platinum Honors Preferred)

This is now my general spend card. CSR for travel/dining with limited use of other cards. I will always keep my UA MP Select card for the very occasional benefits.

Do you pay various fees for those BoA or ML accounts?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by exp
Do you pay various fees for those BoA or ML accounts?
No CC fees and $0- trades on stocks and ETFs.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
With a floor of 1c/mile
Only on UA purchases made with a UA card. Once you go over that amount, the value of miles has no floor. Most of my miles were earned from BIS travel.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 1:24 pm
exp
Suspended

You guys can gift too, if you can't use them fast enough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.