Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
All the MM companion gets is a card (nothing else) and the Companion card should be in your regular 1K kit. UA has not had separate membership kits for MM companions for a couple of years.

Folks have been known to accidentally throw out the companion card, not realizing it was there.
Last year, my MM spouse companion card was included with my GS kit with no other drink coupons or luggage tags. This year we both received full kits.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:57 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Last year, my MM spouse companion card was included with my GS kit with no other drink coupons or luggage tags. This year we both received full kits.
My wife's companion card came in my kit, so no additional anything. My wife, of 30 years, may be the only GS member with 0 lifetime miles, which may be the reason. She never signed up for a UA MP number until the companion benefit came into play and since then she has always flown on UA award tickets, or a different airline/network. It's kind of funny, when I log into her account is says: GS Member but 0 PQM, 0 PQS, 0 PQM and 0 Lifetime Miles.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: United Global Services
Got my GS kit in NYC yesterday. The luggage tag was a bit disappointing..just says Houston 2019. I think I’d rather keep my 1K tag. I hear Delta Circle 360s get Tiffany’s Champaign glasses and a bottle of wine. I shouldn’t be complaining but it would have been nice to get a more useful gift given how much $$ we spend on UA.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
All the MM companion gets is a card (nothing else) and the Companion card should be in your regular 1K kit. UA has not had separate membership kits for MM companions for a couple of years.

Folks have been known to accidentally throw out the companion card, not realizing it was there.
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Thanks for your comments. Sure enough, in the first kit I got (the one with the 1MM plaque) is a card for my companion. I didn't look closely enough because it's hidden behind everything else. That seems really odd?! Especially since there's no comment whatsoever in the literature or packaging that your MM companion card is included.

The second kit is an exact replica of the first kit...including drink chits, another MM companion card, four coasters and another 1MM plaque. Both kits expire 2020 so it's not because they sent the first kit when I hit 1MM a few months before the end of 2018.

-RM
Old Feb 3, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I wish United would save some money and packaging materials, and just send the stuff in an envelope. Lots of paper/cardstock and a polystyrene insert that needlessly fill landfills.

Would also be nice if the drink certs were on the United app, as Delta does it. I always have my phone but often don't have the certs with me when I want them. But maybe fewer drink certs are redeemed this way (to the benefit of UA?).
beeasyed and chavala like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
I wish United would save some money and packaging materials, and just send the stuff in an envelope. Lots of paper/cardstock and a polystyrene insert that needlessly fill landfills.

Would also be nice if the drink certs were on the United app, as Delta does it. I always have my phone but often don't have the certs with me when I want them. But maybe fewer drink certs are redeemed this way (to the benefit of UA?).
I was thinking the same thing re: the needless waste and paper-printing. At this point, I would think app adoption is high enough (esp among Plat+ qualifying members) to force that change.

Anyway, my 1K kit has finally been marked "shipped" after they sent me a Platinum welcome kit a week ago..
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1K
I like the paper drink chits because I can share them with others as a goodwill gesture.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
No shadow of my Platinum kit this weekend so Spring should come early.
nomad420 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:17 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Received my gold "kit" in San Francisco over the weekend which consisted on one luggage tag* and plastic strap for the tag* and the obligatory welcome not from Oscar

*goalie-dad is my million mile companion and there was not a separate "kit" for him nor an additional luggage tag and plastic strap in my "kit"
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
Received my gold "kit" in San Francisco over the weekend which consisted on one luggage tag* and plastic strap for the tag* and the obligatory welcome not from Oscar
So they went to the expense of sending a luggage tag but not a physical card? This is ultra-stupid. Spend several thousand dollars last year on airfare and they are too cheap to send a card to a MM? Ugh
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Went to the mystatus site last Wednesday, 30 January. It said shipped, and sure enough got my 1K kit the next day. It also included my wife's MM 1K companion card. Someone mention making the drink chits electronic. If they did that I bet they would disappear from the app on 1 February. Forgot, I requalified last October.

Last edited by spearsba; Feb 4, 2019 at 1:46 pm
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:25 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bmr12
So they went to the expense of sending a luggage tag but not a physical card? This is ultra-stupid. Spend several thousand dollars last year on airfare and they are too cheap to send a card to a MM? Ugh
Gold (and even MM Gold) no longer gets a physical card
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by goalie
Gold (and even MM Gold) no longer gets a physical card
MMs should be given a permanent or long-dated card.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
My UA status said it should have arrived, and its been showing that message since Friday. I got the chance to get to my PO Box today, and its not there. Guess I have to send a message off to 1K voice, I was looking forward to the coasters!
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
My UA status said it should have arrived, and its been showing that message since Friday. I got the chance to get to my PO Box today, and its not there. Guess I have to send a message off to 1K voice, I was looking forward to the coasters!
Still no GS kit as of yesterday, where on line does it even state it shipped? I looked and can't seem to find it. I will probably call just to see what's up as I have some TCON flights at the end of this week and it would be nice to have the card and tags although I guess in the end it doesn't really matter. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.