Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
... For now I believe all UA *A Gold members should get a physical card in their kit since physical cards seem to still matter in some places.
When this year have you been denied lounge access due to the lack of a physical card?

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...rd-2019-a.html

Yes, at the beginning there were issues but if this was still an issue I would have expected some FT posting this year. So at this point, we can probably state this is no longer a widespread issue and at worse a very limited problem.

Between the BP designation or the virtual UA MP card, things seem to be working. At least to the extent that the costs of hundred's of thousands of actual cards for UA Gold (estimated to be something between 300-500K Gold members) is needed.
WWfly likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 7, 2019 at 7:35 pm
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
When this year have you been denied lounge access due to the lack of a physical card?
I have not been. The case you make against distributing membership cards is valid for all cards at all levels. It also should be valid for UC cards.
The future clearly belongs to e-documentation with physical cards relegated to the dustbin of history.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 25K
Just got my Platinum package in the mail, and the only surprise was the inclusion of five drink vouchers.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by bart889
Just got my Platinum package in the mail, and the only surprise was the inclusion of five drink vouchers.
What's in a Plat package? How long after becoming Plat do you get it?
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
What's in a Plat package? How long after becoming Plat do you get it?
Membership wallet card, bag tags, benefits brochure and a personal letter from Oscar.

And the drinks tickets, which I was not expecting.

I hit the status level in mid-Oct, so it took about five weeks to get the package in the mail, but I am in Canada so it was probably slowed down by at least a week.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:27 pm

Membership wallet card, bag tags, benefits brochure and a personal letter from Oscar.

And the drinks tickets, which I was not expecting.

I hit the status level in mid-Oct, so it took about five weeks to get the package in the mail, but I am in Canada so it was probably slowed down by at least a week.
Thanks. I hit Plat late-Oct. US based. Got nothing yet...but also didn't know to expect anything.

Or did I get a Plat bag tag? I might have. Can't remember.
Definitely no package as you describe.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander
Thanks. I hit Plat late-Oct. US based. Got nothing yet...but also didn't know to expect anything.

Or did I get a Plat bag tag? I might have. Can't remember.
Definitely no package as you describe.
Only get the membership package mid-year if you qualified for a higher status than you previously had for the year, otherwise, you should get a membership package in mid-late January.

If you did qualify for a higher level, then it takes 4-6 weeks (still too eary for a late Oct qual) to get the new level membership package and sometime about now, UA stops doing mid-year packs as we get close to the end of the year.
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Only get the membership package mid-year if you qualified for a higher status than you previously had for the year, otherwise, you should get a membership package in mid-late January.

If you did qualify for a higher level, then it takes 4-6 weeks (still too eary for a late Oct qual) to get the new level membership package and sometime about now, UA stops doing mid-year packs as we get close to the end of the year.
I went from never having had any status to earning plat between Feb 2019 and Oct 2019.
8MiHi likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 5:24 pm

I went from never having had any status to earning plat between Feb 2019 and Oct 2019. Received my Platinum pack today: 2 x luggage tags, 5 x alcoholic beverage vouchers.

Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Made 1K in early October. Still no merchandise in sight.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Marschel
Made 1K in early October. Still no merchandise in sight.
If you go to your Premier Status Tracking page on .bomb, it will tell you the mailing status of your membership kit.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
If you go to your Premier Status Tracking page on .bomb, it will tell you the mailing status of your membership kit.

Still the same stupid message.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.