Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Got the GS/ 4M kit a few weeks ago which my wife just informed me about. Nothing special , coasters , MP card , bunch of marketing material
and the impersonal/ airport store grade, city bag tags. On previous milestones the bag tags were personalized.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
My 1K yellow bag handle cover thingy arrived this week.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I still have not received my United Gold kit at this point. My mailing address is correct. It could not have been lost.

I am surprised they are taking so long to travel across the Atlantic.

Any others have NOT received their kits?
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Originally Posted by CDG1
I still have not received my United Gold kit at this point. My mailing address is correct. It could not have been lost.

I am surprised they are taking so long to travel across the Atlantic.

I'm a Premier Gold based in the US. They don't issue cards for us lowly Golds. You get a digital card in the United app.

I did go to Mystatus.united.com site to request luggage tags and those arrived about 2 months after request. I got one tag and I will write in my name. Honestly not worth the wait.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CDG1
I still have not received my United Gold kit at this point.....

No kits / cards for UA Golds this year.
You can request luggage tags online mystatus.united.com
Old Mar 15, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Unhappy

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
No kits / cards for UA Golds this year.
You can request luggage tags online mystatus.united.com
They are really cutting costs to the penny. They don't care about us former pre-merger Million + milers anymore.

I wonder what you have to be to get a card nowadays?

Are they going to retrieve our Star Gold access to Star Alliance Lounges next?

Originally Posted by wco81
I'm a Premier Gold based in the US. They don't issue cards for us lowly Golds. You get a digital card in the United app.

I did go to Mystatus.united.com site to request luggage tags and those arrived about 2 months after request. I got one tag and I will write in my name. Honestly not worth the wait.
I don't want their cheap baggage tags!

I will stick a Concorde baggage tag on my hand carry on my next United flight.

I used air miles for a United flight Narita to Honolulu in E+
Going to catch the Honu A380 return inaugural back to Narita 24 May.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 15, 2019 at 8:39 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 17, 2019, 3:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Look I like nostalgia as much as the next guy but I really think you're overreacting. If we're all honest with ourselves there's no actual reason to carry the card anymore. The lone time I've had to show one at a lounge in years they accepted the one in my digital wallet. As it is my three airline elite cards sit inside my travel wallet in my laptop bag and get removed from it once a year...when I replace it with the updated one after requalifying.

But if a card is so important to, make sure to shoot for Premier Platinum this year, they still get one.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Look I like nostalgia as much as the next guy but I really think you're overreacting. If we're all honest with ourselves there's no actual reason to carry the card anymore. The lone time I've had to show one at a lounge in years they accepted the one in my digital wallet. As it is my three airline elite cards sit inside my travel wallet in my laptop bag and get removed from it once a year...when I replace it with the updated one after requalifying.
My experience in Europe and Asia differs from yours. I have been denied access to the Senator lounge by LH and due to the crowd they just didn't want to deal with my digital card -- swipe and keep moving... I have also been denied access (or forced to go through a linguistically challenging explanation of boarding pass vs card) to expedited check in and security lines in Asia where airport staff sometimes use the card as a quick sorting device. That's why I requested the card last year and used it. I only travel internationally 2-3 times a year, so is it the end of the world? No, but it on those trips that I really want the benefits. YMMV, of course, I'm glad if you haven't had any issues.

As an aside... It is weird -- if the card really is pointless, why spend the money to give it to Plat and up? Even UA must realize it can make life easier for some customers some times -- so why not include Gold, since we actually do get some real *G benefits abroad?

Last edited by abaheti; Mar 19, 2019 at 10:41 am
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
The MileagePlus Service reps claim you can print out a paper copy of your membership card. Has any Premier Gold members tried doing this and showing it to the LH SEN lounge attendant?

My United App doesn't show the MileagePlus card properly (it doesn't mention Star Alliance Gold). I don't suppose the partner *A lounge attendants will just accept the bar code on the United App that says Mileage Plus United Premier Gold.
abaheti likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
In the app my MileagePlus card shows the *A logo only on the thumbnail front view of my card. On the expanded information view there is no indication of my *A status.
In the app my Lifetime UC card has no mention of *A eligibility except for a statement indicating: "Physical card needed to access Star Alliance and Partner lounges."
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Time traveller
The MileagePlus Service reps claim you can print out a paper copy of your membership card. Has any Premier Gold members tried doing this and showing it to the LH SEN lounge attendant?

My United App doesn't show the MileagePlus card properly (it doesn't mention Star Alliance Gold). I don't suppose the partner *A lounge attendants will just accept the bar code on the United App that says Mileage Plus United Premier Gold.
they will accept it; they see it often enough.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
I spent quite some time on the United website trying to find a menu button that allows me to print out a MileagePlus Premier card - without any success.

However on a google search, it seems the following link is where you can find an image of your MP card:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/app...emberCard.aspx
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
In the app my Lifetime UC card has no mention of *A eligibility except for a statement indicating: "Physical card needed to access Star Alliance and Partner lounges."
Where do you see that? My 1K card definitely does not say that. The reason the card in the App has a barcode is so it can be scanned at lounges. Note also that if save your card in your wallet, it will display the *G logo.

I haven't seen a report of LH/LX requiring physical card for SEN lounge in some time, but it could still theoretically happen I suppose.

btw, UA is just following the broader trend here. Many loyalty programs no longer provide physical cards.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 8MiHi
In the app my MileagePlus card shows the *A logo only on the thumbnail front view of my card. On the expanded information view there is no indication of my *A status.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Where do you see that? My 1K card definitely does not say that. The reason the card in the App has a barcode is so it can be scanned at lounges. Note also that if save your card in your wallet, it will display the *G logo.

I haven't seen a report of LH/LX requiring physical card for SEN lounge in some time, but it could still theoretically happen I suppose.

btw, UA is just following the broader trend here. Many loyalty programs no longer provide physical cards.
That text is only for the UC card. I don't know anything about how often *A lounges actually want the physical UC card, though, or if they can use the barcode.

Also, for using the status card, in Android there is no wallet function for those cards, so the new app's design can make it challenging to prove *G status. That logo only shows on the miniature view.

tangent: it annoys me that they messed up the aspect ratio on the large digital UC card.
iluv2fly, Kacee and 8MiHi like this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
Originally Posted by Kacee

In the United app, if I call up my UC card I get the computer readable part of my card with the following statement underneath its graphical representation:
"Physical card needed to access Star Alliance and partner lounges"
Clearly this has to do only with UC membership and not *A Gold status, but it may answer the question why some foreign carrier lounges insist on a card: the Dragons may be confused about which entry program should be used.
I agree that card requirements are so last decade...
For now I believe all UA *A Gold members should get a physical card in their kit since physical cards seem to still matter in some places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.