Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler 1K, AA Plat, Delta Gold, Marriott Plat etc etc
1K kit came today. There was nothing on the mystatus page about it at all.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Marriott Gold
Mystatus says my 1K kit is pending...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K; BA Silver; Marriott Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Until the time I received my 1K kit, mystatus said nothing. Interestingly, it now says shipped. If anybody is interested (and if permitted - I couldn't find anything in the terms about not posting this type of link, but only looked quickly), here is a link to a YouTube video in which I unbox my 1K kit.

Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lore
The Swedish postal service received my membership materials but they want to assess a duty and an administrative fee for the pack. United puts the coasters + luggage tags at a value of $6.00 USD so the duty wasn't bad on that, but the administrative fee was ridiculous. I asked United to re-send to my office in the US so I can pick it up the next time I'm there, but they refused... so I have to decide if those drink coupons are worth it. How many do you get?
Ridiculous. Both that UA assess a value for these shipments and that anyone is Sweden would waste a millisecond on ANYTHING with such a minute valuation ...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: United, Bonvoy, NEXUS/GE, Amex Plat
Received mine in Canada! Possibly the earliest I have ever gotten it!
YYCowboy likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I came home to find my 1K kit at my doorstep here in southern California yesterday. It was the same as the one most everyone else is describing. I might have gotten upset about it taking so long ... if I hadn't forgotten about the kits until I saw mine! mrs. iapetus doesn't think much of the coasters (I like 'em), and I still have drink chits from last year that I never used or gave away ...

I still need to get around to ordering a yellow handle wrap.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG Spire, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz P.C., GE/NEXUS
Originally Posted by MTan
Received mine in Canada! Possibly the earliest I have ever gotten it!
Still waiting for mine...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
10 drink coupons for 1Ks. First time that I read someone abroad having to pay those fees for the UA kit.
Yeah, first time they levied duties on the material also. I don't know why they set a price on the thing - it should have just been written up as membership paperwork.
I have enough experience to know that imposition of duties can be random. Tons of stuff flows through the system and they can't check every package.

I got double coupons last year. There was something faulty with my packet - cracked coaster? I honestly can't remember. I wrote in and they sent me an entire new packet complete with more drink coupons.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
At our house in Northern California both kits arrived today - for my spouse (1K 2MM) and me (1K 1MM). More coasters to add to our stack from last year!

JK-SFO
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
Ridiculous. Both that UA assess a value for these shipments and that anyone is Sweden would waste a millisecond on ANYTHING with such a minute valuation ...
UA has a legal obligation to declare what is in the package, and it's value. The fact they put the value at only $6 (which is likely their costs, as opposed to what they could have claimed they were "worth") is a good thing, and about the best you could hope for from them.

A country that chooses to attempt to collect duty on a $6 shipment is a different story all together...
leoo likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Gold
1Kit arrived today in the Bay Area. Still says Pending on mystatus.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Mine arrived today (Portland OR). Very nice and I’ll find some use for the coasters at the office.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Mine showed up in Canada today! Earliest it’s ever made it , it’s not even Feb yet!

Nice work Oscar
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
Mine showed up in Canada today! Earliest it’s ever made it , it’s not even Feb yet!

Out of curiosity - did the external packaging on yours have a customs declaration form showing the items in the box worth USD $6.00?
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Out of curiosity - did the external packaging on yours have a customs declaration form showing the items in the box worth USD $6.00?
yes it did have a customs form but I never noted the value and tossed it in the bin at the pizza joint I was at opening my mail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.