Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BA Silver; Marriott Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Has anybody ever been able to discern how UA determines the order in which it ships kits?

I started crediting to UA in 2018, and achieved Gold in September, Plat in October and 1K in November. I don't remember receiving as much as an email about crossing those thresholds. For what it's worth, my 1K card from the app still has a 01/2019 expiry, similar to some of the posters above. I will wait patiently.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: United Global Services
Anyone receive there 2019 GS kit yet?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Heck, I just crossed into 1K territory and my updated electronic MileagePlus 1K card says "Valid through 01/2019".
The exp date will update for everybody on the morning of Feb 1.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If you started the year with a status lower than Plat, then you should have gotten a Plat kit. If you had been a Plat beore Septemebr, then no new kit until the standard January process. You only receive a kit mid-year if you achieve a status higher than you started the year at.

However, later in the year (such as December) UA stops sent out kits and waits till the normal process in January. (probably later January in your case)
True, although apparently very late in the year they send out kits for requalifying (I received a Plat kit sent in late Dec.), and then another for qualifying to a higher level (1K on December 30th). The 1K kit hasn't arrived in hard copy, nor have the GPUs/RPUs hit . . .

Last edited by drewguy; Jan 8, 2019 at 2:06 pm
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Just got mine in the mail at the end of last week. Seems to be little / no different than last year.

ETA: The coasters are satellite-like photos of AMS, AKL, GIG and SIN (their respective cities, not the airports).
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium and LTT
I'll chalk this one up to a Christmas miracle. I, today, picked up my 1K 2019 kit from the Makati Central post office in the Philippines. Also known as the place where parcels and letters go to die (or disappear). Apparently it was delivered on December 17th. And I didn't need to pay a bribe or some extortionate customs fee to get it. Let's just say after sweating it out in a line all morning, I was strangely ecstatic to receive some coasters, luggage tags, and a little piece of "home" (since everyone else knows better than to mail me anything here).
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Received my 1K kit in the DC/Virginia/Maryland area, hit 1K in July.

Nice to add new coasters to my set!

FWIW, there was nothing on my status page to indicate that the kit had been mailed out. That section was missing altogether every time I logged on. (Though my thank you letter from Oscar popped up a few times.)
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by drewguy
True, although apparently very late in the year they send out kits for requalifying (I received a Plat kit sent in late Dec.), and then another for qualifying to a higher level (1K on December first). The 1K kit hasn't arrived in hard copy, nor have the GPUs/RPUs hit . . .
I am also missing my 1K GPU/RPU's (re-qualified on 12/30). I called the MP service center and they claimed "a lot happens and it's very busy around the new year so sometimes it takes 7-10 business days." Huh? Shouldn't this just be automated when posting? Why would end of the year be any different in depositing electronic upgrades?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Any Gold get their kit yet?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:39 pm

I qualified for Silver for the first time in April 2018, and got a couple of small luggage tags at that time. Qualified for Gold in August, and never got anything, even after customer service said the put in a request. Qualified Platinum in mid- December and haven't gotten a welcome kit, though the RPUs were promptly deposited in my account.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Got my vacation hold mail delivered yesterday and it included the 2019 Premier Kit. Like @slippahs and others, I got the same kit for 2019 that I got for 2018 1K with drink vouchers, 1K card, 2x 1K baggage tags, and 4x international destination coasters.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 12:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Any Gold get their kit yet?
Based on the link in https://mystatus.united.com for Golds to request luggage tags, the welcome letter and no reports of Gold kits and no physical cards in recent years,

I am going to speculate there is a decent chance of no 2019 Gold / Silver Membership kits. There is nothing else to provide other than marketing material.

Now someone may disprove this -- but until then, that's my theory.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 9, 2019 at 5:29 pm
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Yeah I didn't get a card last year but did get luggage tags. Was a Gold in 2018 and will be in 2019.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC 35K, SPG GOLD
Just received my 1K kit today. Perfect timing as I'm leaving for EWR tonight and Japan tomorrow. 😀
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
GS Welcome kit

Has anyone received a 2019 GS welcome kit?
If so what was the contents?
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.