Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
I tried calling about the Gold card yesterday and the agent said she is getting a lot of calls about it but they literally took away the option in the system to request a physical card for us. She also said that digital is the way things are going and to expect this to apply to other tiers in the future.

I guess if we do get denied by LH, I would just document it and send to Premier Voice. Probably will get a few thousand RDMs or ETC $.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I tried calling about the Gold card yesterday and the agent said she is getting a lot of calls about it but they literally took away the option in the system to request a physical card for us. She also said that digital is the way things are going and to expect this to apply to other tiers in the future.

I guess if we do get denied by LH, I would just document it and send to Premier Voice. Probably will get a few thousand RDMs or ETC $.
Tried again and got same response. This is really frustrating - it only costs them $2 to print out the packet and mail it and you're telling me they can't afford that for some of their most valued customers? Many of us are also AV geeks and love having a collection of Premier cards they can collect over the years (remember the old Tulip cards?). It's also troubling to hear them say they're phasing them out by tier. When will the uproar begin about this change? When Platinums no longer get cards? How about 1Ks? GS?

I also disagree with their suggested solution of reporting denied entries. The LH group agents have had this objectively dumb policy on the books for ages and are adamant about enforcing it in spite of me showing them my digital card or boarding pass which clearly states *Gold. I've also occasionally seen other non-LH groups lounges request it (most recently the NH lounge at NRT). What will reporting the issue to UA really do? If anything, UA probably doesn't mind denied entry since they save the ~$20 they would have to pay LH to host me in the lounge. Out of curiosity, could you buy in these lounges? If so, I'm guessing I could just send it back to MilagePlus for reimbursement?

Safe Travels,

James
am1108 and twomonger like this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:14 pm

I also called Premier helpdesk today to request a physical card for Gold and was refused.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, 1.9MM
Got my 1K kit yesterday, after re-qualifying in mid November.
Nothing new or exciting in the kit.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Late kit and February 1 e-card experience

My kit is still pending, may arrive late as it has last year. I had an amusing experience because of that. When checking into an LH lounge on February 1, 2018 German time, but January 31 US time, I was asked for my 1K card. But the e-card showed January 31, 2018 as an expiration date, as it updates on US time (Central?). Luckily the LH lounge agent did let me in as an exception.

The fact that UA takes over a month to mail kits is disappointing.

Last edited by FreFly; Jan 17, 2019 at 2:47 pm Reason: typos
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Tried again and got same response. This is really frustrating - it only costs them $2 to print out the packet and mail it and you're telling me they can't afford that for some of their most valued customers? Many of us are also AV geeks and love having a collection of Premier cards they can collect over the years (remember the old Tulip cards?). It's also troubling to hear them say they're phasing them out by tier. When will the uproar begin about this change? When Platinums no longer get cards? How about 1Ks? GS?

I also disagree with their suggested solution of reporting denied entries. The LH group agents have had this objectively dumb policy on the books for ages and are adamant about enforcing it in spite of me showing them my digital card or boarding pass which clearly states *Gold. I've also occasionally seen other non-LH groups lounges request it (most recently the NH lounge at NRT). What will reporting the issue to UA really do? If anything, UA probably doesn't mind denied entry since they save the ~$20 they would have to pay LH to host me in the lounge. Out of curiosity, could you buy in these lounges? If so, I'm guessing I could just send it back to MilagePlus for reimbursement?

Safe Travels,

James
Aren't we at the point where no one gets into a *A lounge (UC or otherwise) without a boarding pass anyway? All the agent need is in the BP. As for me, I accessed a couple AC MLLs with my BP only... no need for my UC card, physical or digital.

Lastly, it seems access to *A lounges other than the UC for UC members is going to be for INTL flights only. Or maybe I have that wrong?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Aren't we at the point where no one gets into a *A lounge (UC or otherwise) without a boarding pass anyway? All the agent need is in the BP. As for me, I accessed a couple AC MLLs with my BP only... no need for my UC card, physical or digital.
I wish that were the case but sadly no. IME I've been forced to flash the card at LH and LX lounges. On one of my trips through NRT I also was requested to show it at the NH lounge. Perhaps something has changed between 2018 and now and all the lounges are on board. I remain skeptical and would not be surprised one bit if a thread were to open up on February 1st talking about lounge denial issues for us UA Golds!

Lastly, it seems access to *A lounges other than the UC for UC members is going to be for INTL flights only. Or maybe I have that wrong?
That's a myth! Flying UA domestic in the US, you can access any *Gold lounge that is not a UC. While that may seem limiting at first, in reality there are tons of airports that have this peculiarity, most notably LAX, ORD, IAD and EWR. In fact I've compiled a spreadsheet listing all the *Gold lounges us UA elites have access to flying UA domestic.

Call me old fashioned, but there's nothing better before or between flights to have a lounge to unwind in, to get some business documents printed and to have a quick snack and booze to smooth everything off.

-James
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
What will reporting the issue to UA really do? If anything, UA probably doesn't mind denied entry since they save the ~$20 they would have to pay LH to host me in the lounge. Out of curiosity, could you buy in these lounges? If so, I'm guessing I could just send it back to MilagePlus for reimbursement?
No, you cannot buy in these lounges. It's a different model than the US model for the Clubs. In the US, you cannot buy in the Polaris Lounges.

Who knows: if too many Gold passengers report the issue to UA, they may change their mind and send a card to Gold passengers who request one.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
No, you cannot buy in these lounges. It's a different model than the US model for the Clubs. In the US, you cannot buy in the Polaris Lounges.

Who knows: if too many Gold passengers report the issue to UA, they may change their mind and send a card to Gold passengers who request one.
When was the last time UA listened to their customers and reverted a policy? Colour me skeptical!

In the meantime would love to hear anyone who did manage to get a Gold physical card and what the strategy was!

-James
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: UA MM
I wish that were the case but sadly no. IME I've been forced to flash the card at LH and LX lounges. On one of my trips through NRT I also was requested to show it at the NH lounge. Perhaps something has changed between 2018 and now and all the lounges are on board. I remain skeptical and would not be surprised one bit if a thread were to open up on February 1st talking about lounge denial issues for us UA Golds!

That's a myth! Flying UA domestic in the US, you can access any *Gold lounge that is not a UC. While that may seem limiting at first, in reality there are tons of airports that have this peculiarity, most notably LAX, ORD, IAD and EWR. In fact I've compiled a spreadsheet listing all the *Gold lounges us UA elites have access to flying UA domestic.

Call me old fashioned, but there's nothing better before or between flights to have a lounge to unwind in, to get some business documents printed and to have a quick snack and booze to smooth everything off.

-James
I wrote "is going to be" not "is". Yes, my prediction is we'll only be able to access *A lounges for international travel that day (other than our paid-for UC access). My guess is this will be announced some time in 2019.

As for access to other *A lounges, none are practical other than maybe IAD. No one is going to fly from Columbus to Omaha and go over to ORD T5 just to access yet another lounge besides the four UC lounges spread across T1 and T2.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 3:58 pm
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
1K Kit arrived today in CT, not opened it yet. None arrived for Mrs tht yes, I assume 1K via MM should also get a kit.

Mrs tht’s was inside mine, but only 10 drink vouchers inside for both, is that normal?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 20, 2019 at 9:52 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tht
Mrs tht’s was inside mine, but only 10 drink vouchers inside for both, is that normal?
Those who expect more from UA have not been trained by UA well enough to deserve to be 1K
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
This is really weird.
I started 2018 as Gold.
I crossed 75K and got a platinum kit good to 2020/
I crossed 100K and got a 1K kit good to 2020. Black coasters.
I crossed 2MM and got a 1K kit good to 2020. Black coasters.
I just got a 1K kit good to 2020. Blue coasters.

This is like what - 35 drink tickets?

I can't figure out why they sent me the 2nd 1K kit.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 10:52 am

I wrote "is going to be" not "is". Yes, my prediction is we'll only be able to access *A lounges for international travel that day (other than our paid-for UC access). My guess is this will be announced some time in 2019.

As for access to other *A lounges, none are practical other than maybe IAD. No one is going to fly from Columbus to Omaha and go over to ORD T5 just to access yet another lounge besides the four UC lounges spread across T1 and T2.
What about LH lounge @ DTW or *A lounge at LAX?

Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
This is really weird.
I started 2018 as Gold.
I crossed 75K and got a platinum kit good to 2020/
I crossed 100K and got a 1K kit good to 2020. Black coasters.
I crossed 2MM and got a 1K kit good to 2020. Black coasters.
I just got a 1K kit good to 2020. Blue coasters.

This is like what - 35 drink tickets?

I can't figure out why they sent me the 2nd 1K kit.
Yet they can't be bothered sending us Gold loyalist a piece of plastic to access the LH lounges!

-James
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:10 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
Originally Posted by username
Those who expect more from UA have not been trained by UA well enough to deserve to be 1K
I still have 20 unused from last year to throw out so not a big deal. I would have cared when I really earned / needed 1K by taking 15+ EWR-LHR-EWR trips in Y and used them all within a flight or 2... now I take 4 J trips to Asia on a mix of UA/LH/SQ it really makes no difference, my annual LGA-ORD-LGA has cleared every time so no need for vouchers. I was going to give them all away at EWR but my last trip last year was on SQ out of JFK so that did not happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.