Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Previous years' thread -- [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2017 for Elite Status in 2018
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2016 for Elite Status in 2017
[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2015 for Elite Status in 2016
& [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs in 2014 for Elite Status in 2015

PQDs are mostly earned by flying, but not all elites are subject to PQD requirements. PQDs can also be earned by Economy Plus purchases (by flight or subscription), although for anyone seeking to qualify for Gold or above an annual plan (min. $499) gets you nothing. There is no way to "pay" UA to fulfill PQD requirement in the qualifying year. There may be a status buy-up in January of the next year -- not cheap and does not come in small increments,
Non-USA registered MP members are exempt from PQD requirements.
Others can be exempt from PQDs up to the Premier Platinum level by having a Chase PresidentalPlus credit card {not open to new members} or by annually spending $25,000 or more as a primary MP branded Chase credit cardholder.
PQMs can be earned by flying UA or various flight partners and by various bonuses related to flying (class or service, promos, ...)
PQMs can be purchased by Premier Accelerator purchases. Certain legacy (not available to new customers) Chase MP credit cards earn PQMs or FPQMs

related threads
UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
Mileage Run Discussion
Mileage Run Deals
Premium Fare Deals

Poor man's MR planner
Google Flights enter a starting airport, leave the destination blank, select airlines - Star Alliance, set travel days and max cost and view the Map for options. Try multiple dates.
kayak.com/explore has similar functionality

Will UA Grant 2019 Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2018?
and previously - Will UA Grant 2017 Elite Status if I am XXX PQM/PQS/{PQD} Short of Qualifying in 2016?

Is it worth it to stretch for 1K (over Plat)? [2018 Consolidated]
Is it worth it to stretch for Plat (over Gold)? [2018 Consolidated]
Is it worth it to stretch for Gold (over Silver)? [2018 Consolidated]
Is it worth it making Premier Silver? [2017 Consolidated]

Last year's last resort
2018 UA MP elite status buy-up offers (for higher status than earned in 2017)
Print Wikipost

[Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQD's/PQMs/PQSs in 2018 for Elite Status in 2019"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
If you passed the 50k mileage then you don't need to purchase a mileage accelerator. Did you do 4 segments on United? It has to be United or United Express metal.

If you have bills proving that you live abroad, like rent or electricity or whatever, you can change the address of your account to your address abroad. You will really benefit from this for your international flights.

Maybe I was not clear: if you live abroad you don't need to meet the PQD requirement. But you do need to meet the 4 segments on United.
Ya thanks for the reply. I literally met every requirement besides the PQD. I will change my address now
Old Oct 31, 2018, 10:45 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kenny23692
Ya thanks for the reply. I literally met every requirement besides the PQD. I will change my address now
Suggest scanning New change address verification for MP (just non-domestic changes) first.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:41 am

Currently have Silver status and for next year’s qualifications I have just shy of $6000 PQD and 30,500 PQM. I can see myself taking 1 or 2 more flights this year but not enough to cross the 50,000 PQM line for gold.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:18 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by kenny23692
I'm $27 from silver but I dont have anymore planned trips this year. Is there anyway i can still qualify. I also have 47554 PQM.
Originally Posted by malgudi
I have $12k+ in PQD but approx 12k miles short of 1K ... looking for suggestions on the best way to get these extra miles.

I can travel almost anytime and would rather not do MRs, but stay for a day or two (will work remotely). Was thinking of SFO-KIX and then to Hiroshima by train, for starters.

Thanks.
LAX to NRT/HND is generally less expensive and often has PZ available, even if you route back through SFO. If you add SFO-LAX as a separate ticket you get another 500 or 1000 if you fly home via LAX.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by malgudi
I have $12k+ in PQD but approx 12k miles short of 1K ... looking for suggestions on the best way to get these extra miles.

I can travel almost anytime and would rather not do MRs, but stay for a day or two (will work remotely). Was thinking of SFO-KIX and then to Hiroshima by train, for starters.

Thanks.
I'm in the same boat. 82,000 PQMs including future flights. Trying to decide on whether to do a quick international trip to get to 1K.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott/Starwood Platinum Elite, National Executive Elite
Trip Help To Stay 1K

I've been 1K for the past 2 years and I'm going to need to make a run before the end of the year (we had our first baby this year, so that knocked out 3 months of travel). I'm NYC based and will need about 19K to re-qualify for next year. Looking to pick 2 days Christmas week to get there. Looking to spend less than $2500 if that's possible. Any thoughts or ideas?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by eisejm
.... I'm NYC based and will need about 19K to re-qualify for next year. Looking to pick 2 days Christmas week to get there. Looking to spend less than $2500 if that's possible. Any thoughts or ideas?
The best place for information is
UA/Star Alliance: 2017-2018 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed (note they have a preferred format for queries)

also, see Premium Fare Deals
Old Nov 3, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I've been 1K for the past 2 years and I'm going to need to make a run before the end of the year (we had our first baby this year, so that knocked out 3 months of travel). I'm NYC based and will need about 19K to re-qualify for next year. Looking to pick 2 days Christmas week to get there. Looking to spend less than $2500 if that's possible. Any thoughts or ideas?
HNL and back, out 12/30, back same day or next, $2800 D fare garners ~20k PQMs. Unfortunately, not the non-stop.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
HNL and back, out 12/30, back same day or next, $2800 D fare garners ~20k PQMs. Unfortunately, not the non-stop.
Forgive me, but how would I search that on that site? Went into advanced mode and entered D fare, but nothing showed up with 20K PQM.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Forgive me, but how would I search that on that site? Went into advanced mode and entered D fare, but nothing showed up with 20K PQM.
D fare will get 2X PQM. With a stop flight is about 5000 miles each way (via ORD or LAX).
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: United
So, I am closing the year with enough miles, but about $1100 short. Seems that my only real choice is to buy $1100 worth of tickets to make a run yeah?

Maybe an e+ subscription and $700 ticket?

Home airport is SFO.

I may only have 1 or 2 more work trips this year, but not enough to make $$.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
In advanced seach, just enter EWR-HNL, click "My dates are flexible" w/ 1 or 2 days and start date of Dec 15. Click "First or Business" - you'll get a month of prices. The best that comes back during Christmas week are D fares right now, so you just need to look for best price on calendar, not necessarily D fares. Any fare P and above will give 200% PQMs. The only thing to be careful of is P fares (if available) will only earn 150% for flight segments after December 31st.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:46 am
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by s4alex
So, I am closing the year with enough miles, but about $1100 short. Seems that my only real choice is to buy $1100 worth of tickets to make a run yeah?

Maybe an e+ subscription and $700 ticket?

Home airport is SFO.

I may only have 1 or 2 more work trips this year, but not enough to make $$.
$1100 short of what status? With the indication of e+ subscription are you looking to make silver?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
In advanced seach, just enter EWR-HNL, click "My dates are flexible" w/ 1 or 2 days and start date of Dec 15. Click "First or Business" - you'll get a month of prices. The best that comes back during Christmas week are D fares right now, so you just need to look for best price on calendar, not necessarily D fares. Any fare P and above will give 200% PQMs. The only thing to be careful of is P fares (if available) will only earn 150% for flight segments after December 31st.
Got it, thanks for the help!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
What happens with this? Buy 93 PQM? Stay 75k? Do a RTW MR? Thoughts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.