Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Seems to be mixed and random. Some itineraries I'm getting "ticketed" emails, some not.

Much like elite upgrade notifications. Those seem to be at about 50%.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Seems to be mixed and random. Some itineraries I'm getting "ticketed" emails, some not.

Add to it the two hour before the flight texts which recently disappeared for me. On the emails, the strangest to me was not getting an email after changing a flight(for June) on the phone with a 1k agent who assured me she was sending it. (emails don't cost United anything, do they ?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by FlyfromDenver
Add to it the two hour before the flight texts which recently disappeared for me. On the emails, the strangest to me was not getting an email after changing a flight(for June) on the phone with a 1k agent who assured me she was sending it. (emails don't cost United anything, do they ?
Yes there seems to be an intermittent systems fail between the command to send an email and the actual send. I've also had problems with the "request receipt" function in Manage Reservations, which is intermittently either not sent at all, or sent to the wrong address.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Is united in any plans to upgrade their IT systems, or they're just waiting for another large outage to put a Band-Aid on something? Seems we're all concerned and have differing issues but the consistent trend is that we're all getting intermittent information. Any thoughts? Thanks and safe travels.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt, Marriott
On March 10 I booked a trip and got the "is processing" email. As with others who have posted in this thread, I didn't get the e-ticket receipt and itinerary, not even after I did the "add email address and request receipt" business. But on March 21 I did receive the e-ticket receipt and itinerary for this trip.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
I'll do an email trace (basically looking at the smtp servers outgoing from UA's systems) in coordination with a United agent tomorrow or this weekend (basically when the storms pass and there isn't a toll on the premeir line). This was on my list but I forgot to do it last week. Thanks for those posting, it reminded me that I haven't done this. I'm sick of not getting the emails too in my gmail.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
In the summary? Meaning the one line that you see in "My Trips" before you click "Manage" on the reservation? This is user modifiable and sometimes shows the wrong city pair if you have multi-city itin or it is booked by a 3rd party. Just make sure when you click "Manage Reservation" it shows the right pairs. Or cancel.
Also, if you have changed a flight to new origin and/or destination, "My Trips" will usually (always?) show the original city pair.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:27 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kacee

This week I started getting more upgrade notifications. I noticed that before, I didn't get notified if I booked from my travel agency. Now, it seems like I get them even if I don't book with United.
A good change!
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Just failed to get a few more today. What I have noticed is if you use the "Add email address and request receipt" link, even if it doesn't send it to you the first time or two, if you keep requesting, it always eventually emails it.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 4:10 pm

In meanwhile, ancillary service purchase confirmation receipts are emailed to people who didn't purchase anything at all, leaking other travelers itineraries in the process.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
hence it being a mere 'request' for receipt. As the room full of monkeys with keyboards on the 16th floor of Willis Tower charged with responding to the requests are somewhat unpredictable, UA cannot guarantee an itinerary and receipt will be generated on each request.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:55 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Had two of my missing confirms (of roughly 5) show up over the weekend. Both were about a week late.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by LIH
Had two of my missing confirms (of roughly 5) show up over the weekend. Both were about a week late.
Would be interesting to check the headers to see if it was just sent late, or if was sent on time but it got stuck somewhere along the way.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:38 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mozilla
Would be interesting to check the headers to see if it was just sent late, or if was sent on time but it got stuck somewhere along the way.
Header says Issue Date March 15, 2018 (e-mail recieved on 3/23). No other dates noted in the e-mail.

As an aside, I had a last minute turnaround to ATL last week which I never received the confirm e-mails for (or at least haven't yet) and I took those flights without any event.

Last edited by LIH; Mar 27, 2018 at 10:39 am Reason: tpyo
Old Mar 27, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Same here. Booked 6-8 trips over the last month and I'm under a 50% hit rate for getting the ticketing email with receipt any longer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.