Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Old Mar 13, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I've had this issue for a while (maybe a month or two). When I use the "Add email address and request receipt" in my reservations, I never get the email. However, when I call reservations and ask for a receipt to be sent to me by email, I do receive it (at the same address that's in my profile on the website). I haven't followed up with 1K Voice about this, but I'm curious what others hear about the known glitch.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: UA Gold (1K 2016–2023 by miracle extensions; RIP 1K status), 1MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Last ticket booked on 23 Feb, and I got both emails. However, I cancelled the ticket within 24 hours and never got any email confirmation of that.
I never get cancelation confirmation emails. I just make a habit of screen shotting the online confirmation and then check my account to make sure the ticket is actually canceled. I feel like years ago I used to get those cancelation messages though.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
Now this gets even more odd. On one of the tickets I booked that I never got an emailed receipt (both right after ticketing and after requesting it)....I just did OLCI for the return and SDCd to an earlier flight. I had a new ticket email within 30 seconds in my Inbox. It's been a long time since I've used SDC but I don't remember United emailing new ticket receipts with the updated flight info. It makes sense that they would though. Either way, that email arrived immediately. I still never got the original ticketing email or the email after I requested it again.

Broken system.

-RM
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:16 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Same here. Processing only. Called UA some months ago and was told that the emails sometime get stuck and fail to send, but tickets are confirmed.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yeah - this is a strange one. I've booked a few tickets recently all international and gotten an instantaneous "confirmation" and subesequent "ticket" email. Today, I booked SLC-LAX for two of us...nada. No we're processing your ticket, no e-Ticket confirmation. The reservations are fine. Just no emails. Strange!
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:51 am
grt

I booked a flight yesterday(all domestic) and did not receive the ticketing email. I checked web site and flight has not ticketed yet. Is this the new normal: 24 hours to ticket?
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by grt
I booked a flight yesterday(all domestic) and did not receive the ticketing email. I checked web site and flight has not ticketed yet. Is this the new normal: 24 hours to ticket?
If a flight on United metal doesn't ticket within the hour, you should call.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:50 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
I've also not gotten a few of the "eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation" e-mails in the last week. Probably booked ~8 flights and have not received 3 of the confirmations. Two international and one domestic.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
A new one today. Didn't even get the "We're processing your ticket..." email. And no ticketing email after it ticketed.

Email is seriously broken.

-RM
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I got my confirmation and ticketing emails last night, with the usual unbelievable-in-2018 delay between them.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
Broken for me too - sporadic. And requesting a receipt online isn't turning up either. Time to pause making another new safety video and spend some money on back-end email integration!
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
A new one today. Didn't even get the "We're processing your ticket..." email. And no ticketing email after it ticketed.

Email is seriously broken.

-RM
yup. That is what i have received for my award and paid itineraries booked 2 weeks ago. No final confirmation email as always.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booked a trip last night and got both the "We are processing" and "Itinerary and Receipt" emails.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Award travel

i booked
an award trip for my wife last night. There is no final confirmation email. Sad!

Last edited by Kmxu; Mar 21, 2018 at 9:55 pm Reason: mispelt
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:14 pm
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
Mine are getting more sporadic. Booked 3 domestic one ways today and none of them showed up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.