Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT

I've booked 3 or 4 trips in the last week. The first one ticketed and I got the email right after. The other three are ticketed and United never bothered to send me an email with my ticket. I do still get the "We're processing your ticket..." emails immediately after I hit the purchase button. And that's it.

Anyone else not getting ticketing emails? This is super frustrating as they are better proof of having a reservation than "We're processing..."

-RM
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I've booked 3 or 4 trips in the last week. The first one ticketed and I got the email right after. The other three are ticketed and United never bothered to send me an email with my ticket. I do still get the "We're processing your ticket..." emails immediately after I hit the purchase button. And that's it.

Anyone else not getting ticketing emails? This is super frustrating as they are better proof of having a reservation than "We're processing..."

-RM
Having the same problem. Ticketing emails have been sporadic.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:07 am

Haven't booked anything in the last week, but I've generally gotten them.

You can request an email with the itinerary and ticket number by using the request email receipt option on United.com, though.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Originally Posted by slippahs
Having the same problem the last few days.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Haven't gotten them since 2018. Only the "reservation is processing" emails. But they ticket immediately and I verify.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Last ticket booked on 23 Feb, and I got both emails. However, I cancelled the ticket within 24 hours and never got any email confirmation of that.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windhund
Haven't booked anything in the last week, but I've generally gotten them.

You can request an email with the itinerary and ticket number by using the request email receipt option on United.com, though.
Well, that doesn't really solve the problem as the email does NOT include the ticket number which is what you would want to show someone at United who claims you don't have a valid ticket. The PNR code is in that email but that's the same as the "We're processing..." email.

-RM
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:21 pm

Well, that doesn't really solve the problem as the email does NOT include the ticket number which is what you would want to show someone at United who claims you don't have a valid ticket. The PNR code is in that email but that's the same as the "We're processing..." email.

-RM
The emails I get that way show the ticket number to the right of the traveler name under "Traveler Information":

Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by slippahs
Me too - dating back to January. If you keep requesting the receipt you'll get it eventually.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
There was a discussion about this in January. Solution was to go in one's United account, see that trip is ticketed and print the receipt/itinerary.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. I was using "Email summary" instead of "Add Email Address and Request Receipt". I tried the latter and it knew the email address to send it to (the one I used when I booked the ticket, that's saved with my profile information). But the ticket email still hasn't come through after 20 minutes. I'll give it a little while and see what happens.

-RM
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:04 pm

I've had other email issues with UA (recently talked with a couple of agents, both of whom said they sent an email, but it never arrived each time).

With the "Add Email Address and Request Receipt", I've sometimes made multiple requests in a row. I've found that when I did that, only the most recent one arrives. So I submit one request, wait for it to arrive, and then I make the request for another one if I need to. Given the responses on this thread, it sounds UA needs a major overhaul of their email system. (But I'm sure many of us would prioritize other UA IT issues first!)
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks. I was using "Email summary" instead of "Add Email Address and Request Receipt". I tried the latter and it knew the email address to send it to (the one I used when I booked the ticket, that's saved with my profile information). But the ticket email still hasn't come through after 20 minutes. I'll give it a little while and see what happens.

-RM
It's a few hours later and still no ticketing email from United. However, my CPU processed today and I got that email immediately.

PS - I have now requested it twice via the "Add Email Address and Request Receipt" link and neither of the emails have arrived. They are not in the junk folder either. UA's system is broken,

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Mar 8, 2018 at 4:36 pm
Old Mar 9, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
It's a few hours later and still no ticketing email from United. However, my CPU processed today and I got that email immediately.

PS - I have now requested it twice via the "Add Email Address and Request Receipt" link and neither of the emails have arrived. They are not in the junk folder either. UA's system is broken,

-RM
Easiest way to find out if your reservation has been ticketed or not by going to current reservation. Right underneath your flight, if you see "view receipt", it has been ticketed.

Lately I have received ticketed email a few minutes after we're processing your ticket email.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The last trip I booked a few a weeks I only got the "We are processing.." email. I went into the reservation and requested a copy of the receipt which was sent within a minute. Four days later I received another receipt for the same trip. I am guessing that was the original from when I booked the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.