Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by TomMM
I select email a summary and receive:

"eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation XXXXX"
All that does is email a summary of your flights. That's not a receipt nor does it show what you paid for the flights.

I'm clicking the "email" icon on the upper-right of the reservation next to the print and add-to-calendar buttons. Am I still missing something?

Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the website, scroll to the last flight on an itinerary and you will see "view ticket receipt". Or via the app click the "email summary".
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
... And I can't find anywhere on this awful new website where to request a receipt. I can "view receipt" (no link to email it) or I can email a summary (which isn't a receipt). Does someone know where it is? ...
Go to Manage Reservations in your account. There should be a list of all your future reservations.
Go to "Add E-mail Address and Request Receipt" for the desired reservation.

This is the same location it was before the recent web redesign.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I think the major change is that the "Add email address and request receipt" link is no longer available from within the reservation, only from the "Manage reservations" page.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Go to Manage Reservations in your account. There should be a list of all your future reservations.
Go to "Add E-mail Address and Request Receipt" for the desired reservation.

Originally Posted by aindfan
I think the major change is that the "Add email address and request receipt" link is no longer available from within the reservation, only from the "Manage reservations" page.
Thank you!! I wasn't looking at the Manage Reservations page at all. I kept trying to do it from within the reservation itself but as @aindfan pointed out is not possible.

I now finally have a receipt.

-RM
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
All of a sudden in the last few weeks I am not getting my email reservations. Yes my email is the same AND entered on UA.com through out...I have not changed anything...Just seems I am not getting United.com reservation emails....anyone else?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tasnam
All of a sudden in the last few weeks I am not getting my email reservations. Yes my email is the same AND entered on UA.com through out...I have not changed anything...Just seems I am not getting United.com reservation emails....anyone else?
I had a period of missing emails, but I do get them now. They have a new format. The old format was better, since it included the aircraft type.

Do you log in to make your bookings? I stopped doing that. Not sure if it's related.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Logged in to my account earlier today, booked tix for goalie-parents and the ticketing email arrived within 5 minutes after purchasing
Old Oct 21, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
If you use the app just look at one of the lower bars at the very end the reservation screen. There is one that says email receipt. What you actually get is your complete e ticket
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: United Plat
Can't send United itinerary emails to myself (Yahoo)

Hi,

I have a strange situation between United and my Yahoo email account.

When I purchase tickets via United.com, the itinerary emails can be automatically sent to my Yahoo email account, which is the default email address on my United profile. United agents can also send itinerary to my Yahoo account.

However, when I try to use "Send Receipt" on United.com and United App to send itinerary to myself, the email does not arrive. It was working until two months ago. This feature works fine with my another Outlook email account.

Any technical person can help me solve this problem?

Thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2020, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone else noticed a marked increase in ticketing speed at UA? Once I click "purchase" I'm now getting the "Your reservation is processing..." immediately followed by the e-ticket receipt in my Inbox. They're less than 10 seconds apart. UA is now at DL-like ticketing speed.

-RM
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Has anyone else noticed a marked increase in ticketing speed at UA? Once I click "purchase" I'm now getting the "Your reservation is processing..." immediately followed by the e-ticket receipt in my Inbox. They're less than 10 seconds apart. UA is now at DL-like ticketing speed.

-RM
Probably because they're doing far fewer tickets these days?
Old Aug 23, 2020, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
Probably because they're doing far fewer tickets these days?
Maybe that has an effect, although I just looked back at a reservation I made in early January, and the gap between the 'Your United reservation for ___ is processing' and 'eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation ___' email header timestamps is 11 seconds.

I did notice also they had gotten much faster some time in the past year, but I'm not sure when.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by fumje
I did notice also they had gotten much faster some time in the past year, but I'm not sure when.
IME the ticketing queue would always be backlogged in the months leading up to the summer travel season, with a queue of several hours for tickets issued between April and June. January - and especially early January - has IME always been less affected - most likely because any existing backlog would disappear between Christmas and New Year when demand for new tickets reaches a yearly low. Of course this year everything is different and there hasn't been any noteworthy backlog since March, any delay would be due to a need for manual review.

It's possible they took advantage of the current situation with low demand to improve the (critical) ticketing infrastructure so it can issue tickets much faster. However, we would have to wait for a return of 2019 levels of ticketing volume to make any conclusions.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: United 1k, American Express Platinum
Reservation Booking Confirmation email missing?

Hello,

Has anyone not received their confirmation email/receipt after booking a flight?
I booked about 2 hours ago and haven't received anything from United. I called the 1k line twice and they said they sent it, but no dice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.