Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Not getting ticketing emails any longer (Resolved or not?)

Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
I, too, just got an email ticket for an award ticket I booked on March 24. It arrived April 5.

I've been booking tickets like crazy this week (about 5 in the past 24 hours) and only one sent me a ticketing email. About 3 or 4 sent me the "We're processing..." email and 1 or 2 sent nothing. However, of the five I booked I cancelled 3 of them almost right away and all three cancellation emails came through immediately.

What the heck is different between sending a ticketing email vs. sending a cancellation of a ticket email?

This bug is very strange.

-RM
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:07 am

Booked a ticket on Tuesday and got three ticketing emails, all of them evenly spaced 24 hours apart..
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:42 pm

Same story, booked 29MAR, received ticketing email 06APR - it did actually ticket immediately, as I confirmed the day I booked.

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
I always have to call CS to remove Mexican Tourism tax as I am a Permanent Resident
FYI, you can now take it out yourself during the booking process if you input Mexico as your place of residence.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Today I got the two ticketing emails for flights purchased Tuesday. So much for the emails coming a few minutes after the processing emails, but at least they're now coming again.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Just received one for a booking I made on 3/24. The e-mail header indicates it was sent today (4/5).
Same here received a bunch today for bookings made 2 weeks ago.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Me to. Received 2 booking receipts for flights I booked and paid for 3 weeks ago. Totally random.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by flugvergnugen
FYI, you can now take it out yourself during the booking process if you input Mexico as your place of residence.
Well not that simple cuz .bomb then doesn't want to accept my Chase PP MC which I still have tied into a USA address.

I just call, been doing so for 10+ years and get it taken off, if within the 24 hour booking window it is pretty seamless. Tho I did have one overseas CSR tell me a couple months ago that it couldn't be done until after trip completed, then I needed to fax my boarding pass for credit. "Uh, ok thx" then I HUCA and got an agent that did it on the spot.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 6, 2018 at 9:58 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:16 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
My last 4 receipts have come through quickly (within a minute).

In, addition, something else I have noticed is that my mileage credits are posting to my account faster. Those used to hit late morning the second day after my flight. Now, they're coming through what looks like in the overnight hours before that morning. My flight from Thursday was posted by Saturday at 8AM and my flight from Friday was posted on Sunday by at least 7AM.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, M Life Gold, SIXT Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum, Global Entry
Ticket receipt for a domestic flight booked six weeks ago came through last night - less than 48 hours prior to departure. And maybe only because I emailed to myself the itinerary earlier in the day? For my last three flights (since Dec ‘17) I have not received receipts automatically. But mileage deposits upon completion of my flights have been faster than usual. Always within 48 hours. Of course, LH’s flight segments posted within less than 24 hours upon completion of the segment!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:58 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
I think they're just pushing through a bunch of delayed batches. I also got two receipts for a trip to YUL that I booked in early March (after having later delayed receipts show up already). I will say, of the ~6 itineraries I've booked this week, all 6 of the receipts showed up timely.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Just got an email today with the receipt for end of May flight I booked on 3/12. Freaked me out that either A) someone used my account or B) I was more drunk thank I thought last night when I booked an SAS flight.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm feeling left out — I have gotten new ticketing emails, but none of my missing ones have come through.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Got an email for itinerary and receipt for an award booking that happened on March 18. It is better than never. I never got the receipt before today. lol
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Got the email today for a revenue reservation I made and ticketed on March 23rd.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott Amb (LTT)
Sounds like UA is still playing catch up. I've booked six or eight tickets this week alone and every single one has both the immediate "We're processing..." and then the ticketing email. So things are back on track.

I did have a good laugh though. For the tickets in the past where I never got a ticketing email and had to use "Add email address and send receipt" link....I started getting two or more emails whenever I got an upgrade or whenever I did an SDC. Those emails would come instantaneously but the ticketing email sometimes never showed up. Strange indeed.

-RM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.