Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
When we were there, they said something about the TSA monitoring security. So the gov probably has to sign off on any new plans. They took our name tags at the end of the day
Now the problem is with TSA?? I somehow doubt that.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1MM, DL Gold - 2MM, AA Plat - 2MM
Does anyone know if DCA to DEN is catered in DEN or DCA? The plane goes DEN to DCA and back to DEN. I am on both the DEN to DCA and DCA to DEN flight in a week.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
I just SDC'd a P fare to go thru DEN tomorrow & then remembered about 2 hours later about the catering issues. Unfortunately my original flight is full now, so I can't go back.

My departing flight from DEN is supposed to be a dinner flight. How bad are the meals really? And should I expect (am I due) an ETC for a substandard meal if I complain through the customer care link? What's the going rate?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
I just SDC'd a P fare to go thru DEN tomorrow & then remembered about 2 hours later about the catering issues. Unfortunately my original flight is full now, so I can't go back.

My departing flight from DEN is supposed to be a dinner flight. How bad are the meals really? And should I expect (am I due) an ETC for a substandard meal if I complain through the customer care link? What's the going rate?
Probably a BOB burger from economy, without any fresh veg (no tomato,lettuce,onion). Middle options are a smaller BOB item such as a "cheese foods" selection, or an economy snack box with the items taken out and plated.

You can send a complaint email, which some have had success in getting an ETC thrown at them, but recent reports of just an apology response with no cert.

YMMV, on many fronts here.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Probably a BOB burger from economy, without any fresh veg (no tomato,lettuce,onion). Middle options are a smaller BOB item such as a "cheese foods" selection, or an economy snack box with the items taken out and plated.

You can send a complaint email, which some have had success in getting an ETC thrown at them, but recent reports of just an apology response with no cert.

YMMV, on many fronts here.
Good thing I have a decent layover and Priority Pass. Timberline is a pretty good place to get a decent burger.
Wouldn't mind an ETC, but will see how it goes.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: 1K
Complained about two recent flights for poor meals and surly FAs. No comp on the meal directly, but 10K miles for the attitudes. YMMV
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr

I think it partially depends on the equipment. I was on 787 from DEN-IAD yesterday and dinner was either beef tips with macaroni or polenta and lentils. Came with plated cheesecake dessert and pathetic pineapple cup. No fresh veggies but a definite improvement over the wretched pizza or BoB cheesburger.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM
Originally Posted by Two Bee
Thank you for passing this info on, but did they happen to mention what they are trying to resolve?
Nope. No information whatsoever.

Update, flew out (paid F) yesterday DEN-AUS at 1300. "Snack" basket passed- never refilled. I was in 5F. Last bag of pretzels were extremely stale.

Good times...

e
Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
DEN-AUS is a Refreshments flight. I would have asked for them to restock the basket as there are extras but that’s the correct service for the route.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
So let me get this straight... For multiple months there has been an issue with catering F/J flights out of DEN and there seems to be no end in sight and UA won't compensate passengers for the lack of proper meals?
So what DO they give you on a flight? DEN - LIH to be specific?
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pkerr
So let me get this straight... For multiple months there has been an issue with catering F/J flights out of DEN and there seems to be no end in sight and UA won't compensate passengers for the lack of proper meals?
So what DO they give you on a flight? DEN - LIH to be specific?
1. Yes, you are correct. They were throwing ETCs at the problem for a couple of months, but that practice seems to have stopped. YMMV.

2. If you're lucky, beef tips with macaroni or polenta with lentils. Plated cheesecake. Pineapple fruit cup.
More commonly, a Y class burger without any lettuce, tomato or onion, or alternately, the Y class pizza, both of these from the BOB menu.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
1. Yes, you are correct. They were throwing ETCs at the problem for a couple of months, but that practice seems to have stopped. YMMV.

2. If you're lucky, beef tips with macaroni or polenta with lentils. Plated cheesecake. Pineapple fruit cup.
More commonly, a Y class burger without any lettuce, tomato or onion, or alternately, the Y class pizza, both of these from the BOB menu.
ETCs?
Are either the Pizza or Burger recommended? (edible)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by pkerr
ETCs?
Are either the Pizza or Burger recommended? (edible)
ETC=Electronic Travel Certificates. Compensation to be used for travel on UA.

Edible, yes, recommended, no. It's a disgrace that this situation has gone on as long as it has, but F catering on UA overall is in a downward spiral at the moment, so it's not exactly great elsewhere either.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Are the catering issues also impacting international flights? I have a flight on May 16 DEN-LHR. The upgrade came through so I am in J. Although am hoping since it is four months away they are able to fix the catering issues (if they impact international flights).
Old Feb 13, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Are the catering issues also impacting international flights? I have a flight on May 16 DEN-LHR. The upgrade came through so I am in J. Although am hoping since it is four months away they are able to fix the catering issues (if they impact international flights).
Over 4 months ago they told us "a couple of days" you can extrapolate from there.
But the NRT flight is catered properly so I assume the LHR flight will be too.
Aussienarelle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.