Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEN first class catering issues

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Interesting spreadsheet analysis. From my perspective, 1% of revenue to protect reputation and brand in the face of a food safety issue sounds pretty cheap. Especially when it impacts your "premium" cabin.
Not disagreeing with your conclusion, but would just remember that 1% of revenue = 18% of net income.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Now 6 days in and still ignored by GS.
Tomorrow I’ll follow up.
Try these e-mail addresses:I received both a confirmation of the e-mail being received and a response within 24 hours.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 5, 2018 at 11:24 am Reason: FT rules on posting non-executive names, contract info
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Mileageplus
Wow. Y'all weren't kidding. I'm sitting on an upgraded seat on DEN-KOA right now and I think that was the single worst airline meal I've ever had, from any airline, in any class of service. (For the record, I had the "cheeseburger", which came with a packet of chips, tinned pineapple, and oreo cookies. I *know* there are better boxed options in the economy meal selection.) United: ...?

If you're seated in first class on a flight out of DEN, do yourself a favor and either bring your own food, buy food in the terminal, or ask for one of the economy class boxed meals. I'm not joking.
artvandalay and Kreid33 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The cheeseburger is the Y meal

And while it's a disgrace for F catering, unless it's dropped off a lot in the last few months, it's a heck of a lot better than most things I'm served in Y.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by findark
The cheeseburger is the Y meal

And while it's a disgrace for F catering, unless it's dropped off a lot in the last few months, it's a heck of a lot better than most things I'm served in Y.

I was thinking specifically "the Tapas snack box is a better meal"...
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by emu42
I was thinking specifically "the Tapas snack box is a better meal"...
You can always ask for that instead.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
You can always ask for that instead.
Yup. I know that now. (I did not know it was worth doing earlier, since I rarely fly through DEN.)
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by Plane-is-home
Now 6 days in and still ignored by GS.
Tomorrow I’ll follow up.
It's clear the order has come from somewhere that any official statements on this subject are forbidden. I've posted a few comments on their Facebook page, and in general they usually give some type of reply to most people's comments, even if it's just to provide the customer care email address, but my comments have been ignored. I wonder why they are so scared of making any public statement? It is really bizarre.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: 3 MMer
As has been discussed several times on here, many of us FTer's did a tour of the kitchen several months ago. At that time, the management, and employees, couldn't have been more hospitable and proud of their facilities. We met the chef and most of the food preparer's who took genuine pride in their great food.

Since that time, for lack of a better word, it is simply "crap cuisine"!

But hey, they're fillin' their planes, so I suppose, who cares?
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
1K responded to a different email of mine today, so I decided to reply to the agent and ask if she could check on my email regarding the DEN catering. Her reply was something along the lines of "it's been sent to a specialty desk for review and has yet to be assigned to an agent". The cynic in me thinks that means it was put in a "DEN catering issue - DO NOT REPLY" inbox somewhere.

FWIW, the original email I wrote was on 1/16 and I even did a reply/follow up after that. Seems to be in line with what's mentioned above about not putting out any acknowledgement of the issue.
Two Bee likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:22 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
By the way, is the UA corporate team that is responsible for this DEN catering mismanagement the same team that deals with getting all those Polaris lounges set up as well? Are they not sufficiently staffed / underresourced to handle all these things at once?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
So are the meal problems still happening? In a flight to DC this evening and was planning on eating, which I rarely do, should I be grabbing to go food from Elway's instead still?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
So are the meal problems still happening? In a flight to DC this evening and was planning on eating, which I rarely do, should I be grabbing to go food from Elway's instead still?
Judging from the 521 previous posts, I'd say you'd be the first to report any change. As such, looks like you ought to make time for Elway's.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I just flew Air India for $42 from BLR to BOM and the meals on this flight in coach are better than what I've had on the last 20 flights in First from Denver.

United - the Denver catering situation has become a complete joke and you need to get your act together..
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
1K responded to a different email of mine today, so I decided to reply to the agent and ask if she could check on my email regarding the DEN catering. Her reply was something along the lines of "it's been sent to a specialty desk for review and has yet to be assigned to an agent". The cynic in me thinks that means it was put in a "DEN catering issue - DO NOT REPLY" inbox somewhere.

FWIW, the original email I wrote was on 1/16 and I even did a reply/follow up after that. Seems to be in line with what's mentioned above about not putting out any acknowledgement of the issue.
My guess (which is explicitly free from any sort of inside information) is that litigation is involved, and not of the personal injury/customer complaint variety, hence what would appear to be a deliberate gag order from a higher level.
goodeats21 and fezzington like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.