Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
As Hergertarian noted, at NRT the ANA lounge is a good backup, if needed.
That's putting it mildly. Once we discovered the ANA lounges, we've never entered the United Club at NRT.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by schley
...Also I do like the new polaris lounges, they have quite a few shower rooms at ORD and accept arriving business class customers on international flights...
Not all arriving business class customers - only if arriving in long-haul United Polaris.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Any showers at DEN?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Any showers at DEN?
Not in the United Clubs. No idea if there are public facilities.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Not in the United Clubs. No idea if there are public facilities.
OK thanks - will have to do this in EWR then...
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
OK thanks - will have to do this in EWR then...
I don't believe there are any showers at EWR United Clubs anymore either. FYI.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:44 am

I don't believe there are any showers at EWR United Clubs anymore either. FYI.
Seriously?

That's really ridiculous...how can a "Global Airline" not have these facilities ready for their pax??

Especially at one of their hubs!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Seriously?

That's really ridiculous...how can a "Global Airline" not have these facilities ready for their pax??

There will be showers when Polaris lounge eventually opens. The recent loss of showers is part of that transformation.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously?

Agree.

Moving forward, it seems that domestic United Clubs will no longer have showers available at any location. I haven't heard about NRT/HKG, but they recently removed the shower amenity icon from their listings on united.com, so it doesn't bode well.

More cost cuttings and cuts to service.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Seriously?

If you want shower facilities with club access both DL and AA offer it. Delta in particular has put very nice shower facilities into their new clubs.

United has gone in a very different direction.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
There will be showers when Polaris lounge eventually opens. The recent loss of showers is part of that transformation.
A "real" global airline has showers in their lounges for all eligible lounge customers, not just business class - every other major *A airline offers a shower facility in their key hub locations and provides access to not only business class customers, but alliance priority members as well.

This essentially leaves all *G customers out of shower facilities when connecting inbound to UA domestic flights (or before departing the US outbound) unless they are seated in Business or connecting where a lounge alternative exists, such as LAX or IAD. It is a major downgrade and a major product fail.

Everything about United these days just screams 'cheap, cheap, cheap'!

When the next recession hits and business travel dries up again, how is UA going to grab revenue from the smaller pie? Or just keep cutting until we've matched the look and feel of Spirit?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Shower is the one luxury I look forward to when I visit United Club. With that benefit gone, I would not pay for membership. (I do not drink alcohol so that benefit is meaningless).

Jiburi
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: papa card, UA 1K
Originally Posted by jiburi
Shower is the one luxury I look forward to when I visit United Club. With that benefit gone, I would not pay for membership. (I do not drink alcohol so that benefit is meaningless).

Jiburi
Lack of showers means that I will unlikely be a member next year - for me showers were ~ 50% of the reason that I used UA club. Sad to see them go.............. I rarely drink alcohol in club either as the FAs are too proficient at topping up your glass anyway.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF Bronze, VA Red
Originally Posted by JC1976
I wish more companies offer shower rooms at airports. GRU has a company "Fast Sleep" with shower rooms for around $10 for 30 minutes. They have small rooms with bunk beds by the hour. Any other airports people know of?

UA really only cares about passengers in first/biz class.
AKL has showers available landside after international arrivals.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ermintrude
Lack of showers means that I will unlikely be a member next year - for me showers were ~ 50% of the reason that I used UA club. Sad to see them go.............. I rarely drink alcohol in club either as the FAs are too proficient at topping up your glass anyway.
I don't really miss them on my domestic travels but I agree on international trips the option is always nice. Depending on the time I will often even get a room by the hour in SIN in the transient/air side of the airport and never even clear customs. I get a few winks and a shower and off to next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.