Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by spin88
which will in no way help out the OP... he is flying NYC-CA, and the *A lounge requires either J/F or you be a non-UA airline. From their web-site:
Not correct. United *G and a domestic UA departure gets you in to TBIT *A lounge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
....If you are flying UA on the old PS routes, or basically on any domestic route, all the club passes, a UC membership, GS, etc will give you zippo shower access. You have to fly DL or AA to get that....
I got lost in all the details, but United Gold and better get access to the LAX Star Alliance lounge (and the showers) when departing on a United flight. Even if riding a Basic Economy 😮 fare.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not correct. United *G and a domestic UA departure gets you in to TBIT *A lounge.
That is NOT how I read the *A lounge rules - which I posted in full, taken from the *A LAX lounge page.... But if so, good to know. ^ While a long walk from T8/7 to TBIT, its at least airside now at LAX since the T4-TBIT connector opened. Have people here actually gotten in on a UA ticket marked *G?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Have people here actually gotten in on a UA ticket marked *G?
I did it many times!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:04 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
I keep getting confused on that. I'm arriving NRT-LAX on NH in F and connecting LAX-SAN on UA in Y, so I *can* use the TBIT *A lounge for a shower? And the reason would be the UA flight (in Y) and me being MP Gold, not the NH flight (in F)?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by 1984SW
I keep getting confused on that. I'm arriving NRT-LAX on NH in F and connecting LAX-SAN on UA in Y, so I *can* use the TBIT *A lounge for a shower? And the reason would be the UA flight (in Y) and me being MP Gold, not the NH flight (in F)?
That is correct.
wpcoe likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Have people here actually gotten in on a UA ticket marked *G?
Originally Posted by Kmxu
I did it many times!
Yup. Virtually all my LAX domestic UA departures for the past two years. It's not even a question.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: 6 year GS, now 2MM Jeff-ugee, *wood LTPlt, SkyPeso PLT
Yup. Virtually all my LAX domestic UA departures for the past two years. It's not even a question.
well, then I learned something. They are interpreting the rules (as written) differently than they appear. It is mostly academic (as I take DL to LAX, and can use the skyclubs with my AMEX PLT) but it would be useful if I were ever to go via LAX on a family trip where we used UA.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1984SW
...And the reason would be the UA flight (in Y) and me being MP Gold, not the NH flight (in F)?
Exactly. The "(in Y)" is extraneous - my editing...
wpcoe likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA MP Gold, 1MM, Global Entry
Showers in IAH

I see the 3rd floor showers in IAH E terminal are now part of Polaris lounge. Are there any UA Club showers in IAH available to economy passengers with UA club access? (showers in any of UA's USA hubs for economy passengers?) Thanks.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 5, 2019 at 2:21 pm Reason: Moved to an existing thread
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by azzurro
... (showers in any of UA's USA hubs for economy passengers?) ....
No showers in any domestic UC, just available in Polaris Lounges or other non-UA lounges
azzurro likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
Flying tomorrow TXL EWR ORD CWA in Y as UA Gold. Is there any free accessible lounge I could shower in EWR or ORD? Maybe if I get CPU I can get into the Polaris Lounge?

Last edited by jimaras08; Feb 10, 2019 at 5:47 pm
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jimaras08
Flying tomorrow TXL EWR ORD CWA in Y as UA Gold. Is there any free accessible lounge I could shower in EWR or ORD? Maybe if I get CPU I can get into the Polaris Lounge?
I'm sorry to have to inform you that there's no CPUs on long haul international flights. If you are thinking of an operational upgrade, the flight does not seem to be overbooked in Economy so the chances of that happening are close to zero. As a Gold you have access to the UCs but they don't have showers. At ORD, I know that one option for showers is the Hilton O'Hare on the other side of the road from Terminal 1, they have a rate for using the exercise place and there are showers there.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by jimaras08
Only EWR-ORD would be CPU eligible, and that would not get you into the Polaris lounge. (It would also be a minor miracle for gold to CPU that route.)

You would have access to the LH SEN lounge at TXL, it does not have showers.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Shower at EWR

What is UA doing in terms of arrivals lounge / shower for PS travelers on red-eyes now? I'm going SFO - EWR in biz and will need to shower / freshen up when I arrive. I have United Club access, but UA website only showing showers now in the Polaris lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.