Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2022, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Why / When would you like to use a shower at a UA lounge / club?

Presently for UCs, only the C123 EWR UC has showers
All the Polaris lounges have showers
The SFO T2 MLL has showers

Reported the new DEN UC will have showers and showers will be introduced at hub UCs when remodeled
Print Wikipost

Showers removed from all domestic United Clubs (and now returning to EWR, others?)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I failed to understand why people are sayng showers are being taken away from United Clubs. All those PMUA RCC never had showers in the first place (except for deidicated arrival facilities for international arrivals not club memebrs), so nothing have been taken away. Nothing has changed.

On the PMCO lounges, not all had showers. EWR had them and now being added back. Nothing has changed.

Yes, I would like to see United adding showers to the newer lounge.
PMCO EWR and IAH had showers in multiple lounges. They were all removed for years following the merger. That is change. But to be fair that's off topic.

To bring it back on topic I'll add another for no showers in this new lounge.
SPN Lifer and UA_Flyer like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:46 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
I failed to understand why people are sayng showers are being taken away from United Clubs. All those PMUA RCC never had showers in the first place (except for deidicated arrival facilities for international arrivals not club memebrs), so nothing have been taken away. Nothing has changed.

On the PMCO lounges, not all had showers. EWR had them and now being added back. Nothing has changed.

Didn’t ORD C have them shared between the IFL and RCC?
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Love to see a few pics folks. As far as the shower issue. Even if they had them I typically don't feel the need to shower of a Dom flight even a TCON but to each his own. TPACs and TATLs are different, I do it regularly.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
If the new UCs had showers then people would be on here complaining up and down about how they are too crowded and can't get in, families monopolizing them, dirty, someone caught athletes foot, etc. For those reasons alone I'm glad there are no showers so we don't have to read that.
lsquare and nomad420 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM

IAH PC had very nice showers, with a closet to put your clothes in and have them pressed while you showered.
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gmt4
If the new UCs had showers then people would be on here complaining up and down about how they are too crowded and can't get in, families monopolizing them, dirty, someone caught athletes foot, etc. For those reasons alone I'm glad there are no showers so we don't have to read that.
What an odd comment. By this logic, UA should drop all amenities from its lounges and its aircraft.
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
IAH PC had very nice showers, with a closet to put your clothes in and have them pressed while you showered.
Yes, they did, continuing for something like five years after the merger, when the PC became a UC. I used them often when returning from Central and South America. (And I don't recall ever reading any complaints about them here on FT, though there was certainly an outcry when they were removed.)

There were also showers in one of the ORD UCs, plus of course NRT and HKG.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
What an odd comment. By this logic, UA should drop all amenities from its lounges and its aircraft.

Yes, they did, continuing for something like five years after the merger, when the PC became a UC. I used them often when returning from Central and South America. (And I don't recall ever reading any complaints about them here on FT, though there was certainly an outcry when they were removed.)

There were also showers in one of the ORD UCs, plus of course NRT and HKG.
I don’t believe any ORD UC had showers. There was the arrivals suites between the C16 UC and the IFL (current PL bathrooms) that was available to IFL passengers and connecting international J passengers but not to UC members or those accessing the UC via other means.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by nevansm
I don’t believe any ORD UC had showers. There was the arrivals suites between the C16 UC and the IFL (current PL bathrooms) that was available to IFL passengers and connecting international J passengers but not to UC members or those accessing the UC via other means.
I definitely showered in an ORD UC. It was years ago and I don't remember the basis for access.
Wx4caster and UA_Flyer like this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:02 am

I definitely showered in an ORD UC. It was years ago and I don't remember the basis for access.
i too as well, as just a UC member flying domestic itineraries. (Usually arriving from hnl)
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:03 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I did at the UC at C16 before it was taken for Polaris. Post merger pre Polaris. There was a window of time where this option was available for plain old UC guests (no status or intl itinerary needed)
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
PMCO EWR and IAH had showers in multiple lounges. They were all removed for years following the merger. That is change. But to be fair that's off topic.

To bring it back on topic I'll add another for no showers in this new lounge.
Got it. Taking showers away from PMCO lounges is a big

Originally Posted by United747
Yes, but my recollection ( a bit fuzzy now) is an Arrival facilities similar to the SFO Arrival, and access are limited to certain group of passengers. I do see others have posted their experience in this thread. I still remember reciveing board pass like Arrival invitation cards that I had to present to the ORD shower attendants.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Got it. Taking showers away from PMCO lounges is a big

Yes, but my recollection ( a bit fuzzy now) is an Arrival facilities similar to the SFO Arrival, and access are limited to certain group of passengers. I do see others have posted their experience in this thread. I still remember reciveing board pass like Arrival invitation cards that I had to present to the ORD shower attendants.
GS were allowed to use the C "shared" showers even on domestic itineraries, and indeed were able to enter via the connecting door from the Red Carpet Club Otherwise, it was limited to pax from the IFL.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by United747
That was part of the arrivals before the merger, and before the merger you can't use it unless you are qualified to use the arrivals, it only opened up to use for anyone that has united club access for a short time after the merger and before the construction of Polaris lounge
I remembered I went in not to shower but just to get a pair of slippers and travel size bottle of lotion (it was using Philosophy at the time) for my NRT flight on NH11. Yes, it still had all the arrival amenities but not just pure showers.

That was PMUA, but after the merger, before the construction of Polaris lounge, it did open up to everybody that has access to united club

Originally Posted by wxguy
GS were allowed to use the C "shared" showers even on domestic itineraries, and indeed were able to enter via the connecting door from the Red Carpet Club Otherwise, it was limited to pax from the IFL.
Actually PMUA made it so IFL pax cannot use the showers but solely just for arrivals pax, I remembered twice I went in there and was told no, once was on UA 829 ORD-HKG in F back in 2006
UA_Flyer and goodeats21 like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 12, 2023 at 2:50 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Is new UC next to old club and polaris? Is it possible the showers will be added somehow once the Polaris addition opens? That's the only reason I can think of for not putting showers in. Disappointing.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by nomad420
Love to see a few pics folks. As far as the shower issue. Even if they had them I typically don't feel the need to shower of a Dom flight even a TCON but to each his own. TPACs and TATLs are different, I do it regularly.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
That was part of the arrivals before the merger, and before the merger you can't use it unless you are qualified to use the arrivals, it only opened up to use for anyone that has united club access for a short time after the merger and before the construction of Polaris lounge
I remembered I went in not to shower but just to get a pair of slippers and travel size bottle of lotion (it was using Philosophy at the time) for my NRT flight on NH11. Yes, it still had all the arrival amenities but not just pure showers.
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Actually PMUA made it so IFL pax cannot use the showers but solely just for arrivals pax, I remembered twice I went in there and was told no, once was on UA 829 ORD-HKG in F back in 2006
Found a trip report of mine from 2010 that had some pics of the IFL and showers. I recall there was some question / inconsistency about shower access, which I mention in the report as well.
From my memory, there were published "arrivals" hours, and that access to the shower outside of those hours was the questionable part. But wow, that was a long time ago.
And judging by the pictures in the TR, the phone cameras were crap. (I won't say it was the skill of the operator). Haha

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15526006-post4.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.